Tony Romo eyeing Broncos as offseason destination

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
I think it will end up being a second rounder with at least a couple teams bidding against each other. When I look at the other QB options, Romo is far and away the best.
Romo gives any half decent team with a good OL a chance to make the playoffs for 1-2 years - and thats valuable

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think it will end up being a second rounder with at least a couple teams bidding against each other. When I look at the other QB options, Romo is far and away the best.
So you think Jerry is just going to sell him to the highest bidder?

Don't see Romo getting traded without imput and Jerry is to loyal to not give him that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Don't see Romo getting traded without imput and Jerry is to loyal to not give him that.
I don't think he will pawn him off. Not what Jones does.

He will either just clutch him to his chest or do what he did with Ware and make it clean.

There is no way he auctions off Romo.

He is a sideshow barker, he deals in selling falsehoods. He is pretty poor at negotiations with other football people.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I don't know if you get a second for an aging, gunshy QB with his recent injury history unless they have a kickass OL. Of course, Dallas has a pretty good one and yet...

I'd honestly be happy with a third, even a fourth and maybe a player of need on defense.

townsend

Banned
I don't know if you get a second for an aging, gunshy QB with his recent injury history unless they have a kickass OL. Of course, Dallas has a pretty good one and yet...

I'd honestly be happy with a third, even a fourth and maybe a player of need on defense.
I mean if someone told me that the Vikings would be giving up a 1st for Sam Bradford I would have called them crazy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Romo will allow him input but I doubt he will just let him pick a team. If that's what is happening then Jerry would just release him. Which isn't happening. Jerry is loyal but he is a business man above anything else.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Romo will allow him input but I doubt he will just let him pick a team. If that's what is happening then Jerry would just release him. Which isn't happening. Jerry is loyal but he is a business man above anything else.
He is also a soft hearted schlub who probably tears up entering an animal shelter.

At the end of the day, he will not be a "business man". He will allow his emotions to steer him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is also a soft hearted schlub who probably tears up entering an animal shelter.

At the end of the day, he will not be a "business man". He will allow his emotions to steer him.
I see zero reason to believe this will be the case. Even Romo wouldn't screw us like that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He just did it with Ware.

And Romo is much closer to Jerry.
Ware wasn't tradeable with his contract. Just isn't the same scenario whem you're talking about a QB. If a team was willing to trade a draft pick for Ware I have no doubt we would have. But instead we cut Ware in a cap saving move because his play didn't look like it warranted the money we were paying him.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ware wasn't tradable with his contract. Just isn't the same scenario whem you're talking about a QB. If a team was willing to trade a draft pick for Ware I have no doubt we would have.
Ware was owed less than Romo, 8.5 million.

And he got 16 million in guarantees when he signed with Denver.

He could have restructured to be traded.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ware was owed less than Romo, 8.5 million.

And he got 16 million in guarantees when he signed with Denver.

He could have restructured to be traded.
We don't have to ask Romo to restructure to trade him though. 14 mil for a starting QB is cheap. 8.5 mil was pretty expensive for a 30 something pass rusher coming off a 6 sack season.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I mean if someone told me that the Vikings would be giving up a 1st for Sam Bradford I would have called them crazy.
I thought they were crazy for giving up a first myself but Bradford is seven, eight years younger than Romo(An eternity for an NFL QB) with a bigger build and was a "consensus top 10 pick".

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought they were crazy for giving up a first myself but Bradford is seven, eight years younger than Romo(An eternity for an NFL QB) with a bigger build and was a "consensus top 10 pick".
Has Bradford ever even made the playoffs in all of his years starting?

Top Bottom