Werder: Romo out for season

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please enlighten me as to who the best DE is then, and dont even say anybody from Iowa or one year wonder Nassib.
Absolutely Nassib whose 15.5 sack this year are more then Bosa has ever had in a season. I don't hate Bosa but I think he gets bumped up higher then he should because of the school he plays at.

I love Ott from Iowa but I'm not that big of a homer to say he is better. Although he is a hell of a DE.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You guys need to stop acting like such little bitches, we got ourselves a gift here, the likely opportunity to draft and mold a top 5 QB prospect for a year or two behind a veteran with a roster that is still generally in tact.

Now, if we draft Jalen Ramsey and pass up a QB, bombs away, and anybody who suggests that its a good idea should be banned.

Despite this season turning to shit the front office has generally made sober, logical decisions the last 2 offseasons. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Eh. There wasn't much logic in how they handled the running back position.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Eh. There wasn't much logic in how they handled the running back position.
Yep, if they had at the very least used the pick when they traded back into the draft on Rawls instead of yet another friggin TE I might have some hope. Bottom line they were fully onboard with the crap they marched out at rb just one season removed from our best year ever under Garrett due to the running game

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Absolutely Nassib whose 15.5 sack this year are more then Bosa has ever had in a season. I don't hate Bosa but I think he gets bumped up higher then he should because of the school he plays at.

I love Ott from Iowa but I'm not that big of a homer to say he is better. Although he is a hell of a DE.
Gotcha, so the guy with a career 5 TFL and 3 sacks heading into this season is the best DE in the conference, its definitely not a fluke season or the fact that Bosa is constantly doubled and gameplanned around. It's just that he's now better than the guy who came into the year with like 35 career TFL and 20 sacks, that's definitely it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gotcha, so the guy with a career 5 TFL and 3 sacks heading into this season is the best DE in the conference
If you want to totally ignore this year that's fine but I'll take the guy with 15.5 sacks who has been an absolute force this season (and a much easier guy for the offense to focuse on) over a guy with his 4 sacks playing an a team with a ton of other talent (Making it much harder to just focus on one defensive player to double on every play).

I'll take the guy who has actually produced 15 sacks in a season. Something Bosa has never done. Bosa could be considered a bit of a one hit wonder as well consider he has only had anything close to double digit sacks one season in his career.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If you want to totally ignore this year that's fine but I'll take the guy with 15.5 sacks who has been an absolute force this season (and a much easier guy for the offense to focuse on) over a guy with his 4 sacks playing an a team with a ton of other talent (Making it much harder to just focus on one defensive player to double on every play).

I'll take the guy who has actually produced 15 sacks in a season. Something Bosa has never done. Bosa could be considered a bit of a one hit wonder as well consider he has only had anything close to double digit sacks one season in his career.
So you would draft Nassib over Bosa if given the chance?

Very well then.

shane

DCC 4Life
They should use a top pick if they get one next year on a defensive player. Bring in Manziel from Cleveland and shore up the running back position with a bruiser and build a rotation around him. Win 7 Super Bowls.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Gotcha, so the guy with a career 5 TFL and 3 sacks heading into this season is the best DE in the conference, its definitely not a fluke season or the fact that Bosa is constantly doubled and gameplanned around. It's just that he's now better than the guy who came into the year with like 35 career TFL and 20 sacks, that's definitely it.
So it's possible the guy is putting it together at the right time, the NFL is loaded with people who came on late in college. Look at Watt, what did he do before his senior year?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So it's possible the guy is putting it together at the right time, the NFL is loaded with people who came on late in college. Look at Watt, what did he do before his senior year?
Watt had 2 strong seasons, the first of which looked very similar statistically to what Bosa is doing now. He also basically only played 2 years in college whereas Nassib has already played and done next to nothing until now.

And I'm not trying to downtalk Nassib, just in the context of him supposedly being better than a guy with a proven track record who everybody knows is being gameplanned around all season, while putting up similar stats to what Watt put up at that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And I'm not trying to downtalk Nassib, just in the context of him supposedly being better than a guy with a proven track record who everybody knows is being gameplanned around all season, while putting up similar stats to what Watt put up at that.
He has been better this year. It's not even debatable in my opinion. Now that doesn't meam Bosa isn't the better pro prospect. But I also think Bosa is getting the Ohio State bump. When you play on a Ohio State or Alabama players tend to get pushed up the rankings even when it's not warranted. I think Bosa is a very good prospect, first rounder even. But is he a top 5 talent? I don't see it. Watch the game today and tell me you see different.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He has been better this year. It's not even debatable in my opinion. Now that doesn't meam Bosa isn't the better pro prospect. But I also think Bosa is getting the Ohio State bump. When you play on a Ohio State or Alabama players tend to get pushed up the rankings even when it's not warranted. I think Bosa is a very good prospect, first rounder even. But is he a top 5 talent? I don't see it. Watch the game today and tell me you see different.
The same thing happens with Alabama players as you stated. There is talk of what, four or five of their defenders going in the first three rounds? OSU is the same.

I hope we have seen enough busts from both programs to realize that their concepts inflate a lot of skill sets.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The same thing happens with Alabama players as you stated. There is talk of what, four or five of their defenders going in the first three rounds? OSU is the same.

I hope we have seen enough busts from both programs to realize that their concepts inflate a lot of skill sets.
It doesn't mean they don't have talent at those schools. There is just such a tendancy for them to go higher then they should. I think part of it is, if you're good on one of those teams you're basically getting top consideration for all post season awards. Your name recognition will just be so much higher for scouts. I don't want to avoid drafting Ohio State or Alabama players but I also don't want to just get caught up in the hype.

GShock

DCC 4Life
It doesn't mean they don't have talent at those schools. There is just such a tendancy for them to go higher then they should. I think part of it is, if you're good on one of those teams you're basically getting top consideration for all post season awards. Your name recognition will just be so much higher for scouts. I don't want to avoid drafting Ohio State or Alabama players but I also don't want to just get caught up in the hype.
Bosa was a beast today.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bosa was a beast today.
That he was. Best game on the biggest stage. I still don't see him as worth that top 1-3 spot. He looks like a Chris Long type.

If I am spending to that high of a pick, he's not the guy for me. Top 10? Sure.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That he was. Best game on the biggest stage. I still don't see him as worth that top 1-3 spot. He looks like a Chris Long type.

If I am spending to that high of a pick, he's not the guy for me. Top 10? Sure.
I can't disagree with the Long comparison although I think it's pretty close to his floor, I could easily see him being a Jared Allen or Watt level player.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So easily an all timer level player then?

Fuck it. Let's trade up for him.
I could easily see it does not mean he will easily do it. It just means that I see that potential there and could definitely see him reaching it.

Worst case scenario he is Chris Long and gives you 8 sacks a year and strong run defense on the strong side, best case he's Jared Allen or JJ Watt, putting up 10-15 sacks a year.

Top Bottom