2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Iowa #5 and Stanford #6....Pac 12 where it should be and B1G overrated.
That's bullshit and you know it. Iowa's ranking was solely because they were undefeated until the B1G title game, but everyone knew that they played a very soft schedule because they didn't play Michigan, Michigan State, or Ohio State. Everyone knew they were not as good as advertised, but that doesn't mean that the conference is overrated. The teams are what they are: good, but not great.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I've seen rumblings that Jaylon Smith's injury is to both the ACL and MCL.

D

Deuce

@1bigfan13 [MENTION=9]Cowboysrock55[/MENTION] :outtahere

dallen

Senior Tech
Glad Arkansas could turn things around and get a bowl win. Didn't look possible in early October. It is a shame Brandon Allen can't come back for one more year. He seemed to finally figure something out in the second half of the season

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The Big 12 had been a disgrace for many years. I'm so glad that UT got their Longhorn Network. Not only have they lost 58 million dollars since then (congrats) but we've lost some blue blood programs, respect and are now geographically pinned in. No conference championship either.

I can't wait til we at some crap programs that will water us down. Hopefully we change our name to Conference USA so the country can rightfully make fun of us.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
By the way, I coached against Aaron Green, Malcom Brown, Deion Sanders team and Jammal Lewis team and beat them all. Suck it, fags. I coached a national select team that went 17 years old and won the title. Specifically, suck it to whoever took shots at me because I most recently coached six-man at a few tiny private schools.

I should have started my own commitee so I could have crowned myself coach of the year and a HOF coach as well. It's the only way I'll get he recognition that I deserve!

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm just kidding about most of the last post (at least 2-4% of it).

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Anyone watching the TCU Oregon game? It's a killer.

D

Deuce

I can't wait til we at some crap programs that will water us down. Hopefully we change our name to Conference USA so the country can rightfully make fun of us.
:towel

Looking forward to continuing our dominance over Big 12 teams other than Texas.

D

Deuce

Old news. We went 0-12 in GOL's first season and proceeded to follow that up with 8-4 and our first ever bowl game the next season followed by multiple conference championships and a Fiesta Bowl victory.

Im all about the future just like I was in '04. Oregon East, baby.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Anyone watching the TCU Oregon game? It's a killer.
Proof positive, if the bowl season didn't it nail it home already....not a conference that can compete well outside itself.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Proof positive, if the bowl season didn't it nail it home already....not a conference that can compete well outside itself.
That's because every team in the conference is allergic to defense and has committed to running gimmick offenses. That conference is a fucking joke.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The Big 12 was 23-7 against all other conferences this year. 2-0 against the SEC...no losing record against any conference. Being 2-2 again the BG1 was the worst.

Interesting info I thought.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Id love to entertain a discussion on the rules. That's all fair game.

Mayfield could have taken the scholly offers he had but he CHOSE to walk-on at Tech. There was money for him out there. He turned it down to walk-on at a tech. Leach offered and wanted him at WSU and a few others. Then he CHOSE to transfer in conference and throw away a year. He knew the rules.

I'm ok with his choices. His parents can afford it. He's free to do what he wants. The problem is lying and playing the victims role. It's disgusting.

Think about this though, if a stud QB walked-on somewhere that can afford to pay for school does so in order to keep his free agent status he immediately gains an unfair advantage. Lots of kids can't do that. The rule won't work for everyone. That's the reason for the rule. There is supposed to be a even playing group be for all.
Didn't say they should have to BE on scholarship to be controlled. The University should just have to offer one. So, in that scenario, if a 5 star QB joins the team as a walk-on, said University can officially make a scholarship offer that day and fax a copy to the NCAA. Then he can sign it or not.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Didn't say they should have to BE on scholarship to be controlled. The University should just have to offer one. So, in that scenario, if a 5 star QB joins the team as a walk-on, said University can officially make a scholarship offer that day and fax a copy to the NCAA. Then he can sign it or not.
So the we eliminate walk-ons totally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom