Redskins Stuff...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I watched my daughter's soccer team boom flailing duck/dying kicks into that same stiff cold wind Cousins was launching bombs into.

Washington is red hot right now. I know the Packers defense is threadbare and is sucking ass at the moment, but ours is not much better.

Washington can run, pass, rush the passer, and has stout play in the defensive interior.

They can beat us, so we have to put that shat down right off the bat.
Their run game is mediocre and the interior of their defense is not impressive.

The Packers were going up and down the field on them, the Vikings anemic offense moved the ball pretty easily and Baker is their only good DL, while Compton is basically their only 3-down LB by default. It's an NFC East game so anything can happen considering the familiarity of the teams but if this was a random opponent with this defensive personnel I'd expect us to easily score 25-35.

They can beat us, primarily because we are down two starting DB's and they have a deep group of receivers, as well as the divisional foe/familiarity factor, but that's it.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Their run game is mediocre and the interior of their defense is not impressive.
Each is improving.

The defensive interior looked good vs the Packers, but that's not saying much apparently anymore.

The running game has picked up with Kelly averaging 5.0 YP. Even Jones had been averaging 4.6.

Kerrigan and Murphy are a solid pass rushing tandem, they are 6th overall while we are 19th.

We are better offensively and overall defensively, but you can't underestimate them.

Their passing game is very strong and hitting on all cylinders now just as our DB's depth is getting shakier.

We have to nip any snippiness in the bud right away Thursday.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Each is improving.

The defensive interior looked good vs the Packers, but that's not saying much apparently anymore.

The running game has picked up with Kelly averaging 5.0 YP. Even Jones had been averaging 4.6.

Kerrigan and Murphy are a solid pass rushing tandem, they are 6th overall while we are 19th.

We are better offensively and overall defensively, but you can't underestimate them.

Their passing game is very strong and hitting on all cylinders now just as our DB's depth is getting shakier.

We have to nip any snippiness in the bud right away Thursday.
Yea I mean their edge rushers are very good, Baker is strong on the interior and Cravens is developing into a player but the rest of their DL and ILB's are mediocre to bad, and their safeties are probably the weakest spot on the entire team.

The team is built around a possession-based passing game, Cousins will hit some deep shots now and then but it's all about containing their receivers from 15 yards and in, especially when it comes to allowing run after the catch opportunities.

Kelley has been solid and can be an annoyance since he fights all the way through the whistle but that average is skewed by a 60+ yard run in garbage time against the Packers, before that he was under 4 YPC against Green Bay and right around 4 in the previous two games.

Jiggyfly

Banned
http://www.espn.com/blog/washington...cravens-ignores-calls-from-cowboys-loving-mom

ASHBURN, Va. -- The last time Washington played Dallas, Redskins rookie linebacker Su'a Cravens answered a call from his mom after the game. She had an unusual message considering her son’s employer.

"How 'bout them Cowboys!" she said.

He hung up. His mom called back.

"I’m just playing with you, I love you," she told him.

To which he said, "I love you, too."

And then he hung up on her again.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
http://www.espn.com/blog/washington...cravens-ignores-calls-from-cowboys-loving-mom

ASHBURN, Va. -- The last time Washington played Dallas, Redskins rookie linebacker Su'a Cravens answered a call from his mom after the game. She had an unusual message considering her son’s employer.

"How 'bout them Cowboys!" she said.

He hung up. His mom called back.

"I’m just playing with you, I love you," she told him.

To which he said, "I love you, too."

And then he hung up on her again.
:lol

:towel

Cotton

Staff member
Josh Norman praises Dak Prescott; Redskins RB: 'I know nobody here likes the Dallas Cowgirls'

By Jon Machota , Staff Writer

Washington cornerback Josh Norman heard the Redskins fans chanting "We want Dallas" as he exited the field Sunday night after a win over Green Bay.

Norman joked Tuesday: "OK, cool, y'all go up there and take them on."

The Cowboys host the rival Redskins on Thursday at AT&T Stadium.

Washington safety/linebacker Su'a Cravens' family is filled with Cowboys fans. His mother will be at the game, possibly wearing her half Redskins, half Cowboys jersey. Cravens said his grandmother texted him Monday: "Don't beat up on my Cowboys."

Redskins running back Robert Kelley shared the following thoughts on the rivalry:

Norman, Cravens and Kelley are all in their first season with the Redskins. Norman said he has not yet developed a hatred for the Cowboys. Heck, he even had a lot of nice things to say about rookie quarterback Dak Prescott.

"He's very patient," Norman said. "He's not going to make any mistakes. If it's not there, he's taking off with the ball. That's the thing most rookies don't learn until they're in their third or fourth year, maybe, if they're still in the league. It's kind of crazy because he sees it and if it's not there, he's not taking it.

"He's playing really good ball. I like him a lot. I tried to get him on a couple things when we played him. He wasn't having it. That let me know: OK, this guy's pretty good."

Cravens is friends with Cowboys rookie running back Ezekiel Elliott.

"We always knew Zeke was a great player and a great running back," Cravens said. "He was a top 10 pick for a reason, but I didn't think he was gonna be talking about breaking 2,000 yards in his rookie year. That's definitely a surprise. But don't underestimate a guy like Zeke."

Here are some thoughts on the Cowboys offense and defense from Redskins coach Jay Gruden:

Cotton

Staff member
No longer on the couch, Dak Prescott hopes for positive Thanksgiving feeling

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas – Growing up in Haughton, Louisiana, Dak Prescott dreamed of being the Dallas Cowboys' quarterback. He knows about the team’s Thanksgiving tradition, if not the specifics of games in the past.

He doesn’t necessarily remember Tony Romo’s five-touchdown performance against Tampa Bay in 2006. Or 2012's painful loss to Washington, when the Redskins' rookie duo of Robert Griffin III and Alfred Morris did to the Cowboys what Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott are doing to the NFL in 2016. There really hasn’t been anything memorable about the Cowboys’ last two Thanksgiving games, losses to Philadelphia and Carolina, except that Romo hasn’t played in a regular-season game since last Thanksgiving.

“I don’t necessarily say there is one memorable moment or one that sits with me,” Prescott said, “but it was always fun getting to eat, getting full then sitting back on the couch and watching the Cowboys.”

Prescott actually studied up on the Cowboys’ 1994 win against Green Bay, in which his coach, Jason Garrett, started and beat Brett Favre. It remains one of the most memorable Thanksgiving games in franchise history.

It was just Garrett’s second career start. A year earlier he was pulled from his first start in favor of Bernie Kosar in the first quarter. Against the Packers, he completed 15 of 26 passes for 311 yards, with two touchdowns and an interception, as the Cowboys scored 36 points in the second half to beat the Packers 42-31.

“Somebody else within the organization told me the story, ran it down, so I had to go look it up myself,” Prescott said.

Garrett did that day what Prescott has done this season in leading the Cowboys to the best record in the NFL (9-1), with 17 touchdown passes and just two interceptions. He also has run for four touchdowns in place of an injured Romo.

“No, it wasn’t hard to believe. I’ve seen the type of guy he is,” Prescott said. “He went and made the most of his opportunity. He’s tough on us so I know he’s tough on himself. It’s not surprising.”

Prescott won’t be on the couch Thursday. His challenge this week is getting ready for the first time in his career without much practice time against a defense that is more familiar with him than any he has seen yet this season because of their Week 2 meeting at FedEx Field.

The Week 2 experience was a positive one for Prescott. It was his first win, and he directed the Cowboys on a fourth-quarter rally with an 11-play, 80-yard drive ending with Morris’ game-winning touchdown run.

“That one was special. After losing the first one the way we lost it, we had a chance,” Prescott said. “For the Washington game to come down to the end the way it did and us pull it out, it was great. We kinda had this momentum going through the whole camp and everything, the first game, losing that game against the Giants was good for us, I’d say. I mean, obviously we used it to feel ourselves, then Washington we picked up, got a win, saw what it felt like and kept moving.”

Prescott has noticed some changes in the Redskins' defense, in personnel and scheme, “trying to figure out what they want to do consistently, I guess you could say,” he said.

The prep time is shorter -- the Cowboys held their “Thursday practice,” which focused on third-down work on Tuesday -- but Prescott is cramming in the same film study as over a normal week.

“We need to focus on ourselves,” Garrett said. “You prepare for the team that you’re playing. You understand the fronts they play, the coverages they play, the pressures they use, what we’re trying to do against all of those things, and you just go play. We’ll let the other people outside of our building focus on [the difficulties of seeing a team for a second time]. The most important thing we have to do is just prepare, and that’s certainly one of the best things Dak has done. Just focus on the opportunity he has, the preparation, and then just go play on Thursday afternoon.”

Playing Thursday; not watching, as he did all the way up until last year while at Mississippi State.

It has forced him to change one Thanksgiving tradition.

“I’ve got to eat after, not before,” he said. “That’s the only difference.”

Cotton

Staff member
Ezekiel Elliott is not same RB Washington saw in Week 2
9:30 AM CT
Jean-Jacques Taylor
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- Eight games ago, Ezekiel Elliott followed up an unimpressive NFL debut - 51 yards on 20 carries against the New York Giants -- with two fumbles against the Washington Redskins.

Elliott spent the last six minutes on the bench watching Alfred Morris run the ball and score the game-winning touchdown as the Dallas Cowboys rallied to their first win of the season.

Then Elliott was tentative, slow to the hole as he tried to understand the rhythm of the Cowboys' running game. He had to learn about the right pace to attack the hole and understand how to read the blocks of the NFL's best offensive line.

If Elliott had carried the ball more than seven times in the preseason, it probably wouldn't have been as big a deal.

Since he didn’t because of a tight hamstring, Elliott struggled.

He started figuring it out against Washington with 21 carries for 83 yards but the two fumbles derailed him. He’d never been much of a fumbler in college, but it doesn’t take much to get a reputation in the NFL.

So he focused on protecting the ball.

“You just focus on locking the elbow and keeping your wrist above your elbow,” Elliott said. “It’s just mentally focus on keeping that ball tight.

“It’s my job to take care of the ball.”

Elliott kept grinding in practice, studying video and working with running backs coach Gary Brown.

Against the Chicago Bears in front of a national television audience in Week 3, he looked just like the player who dominated college football the past two seasons at Ohio State.

He gained 140 yards against Chicago, the first of five consecutive 100-yard games. He has three other games with at least 90 yards and currently leads the NFL with 1,102 yards rushing and a 4.7 average per carry.

He broke Tony Dorsett's 39-year-old franchise rookie record of 1,007 yards last week and he's just behind pace to break Eric Dickerson's NFL rushing record of 1,808 yards, whcih was set in 1983.

The win over Washington and Elliott’s two fumbles seems like a long time ago. He’s fumbled once since then.

“I remember we were playing pretty well. I remember I had some ball security issues -- that’s my biggest memory,” Elliott said. “That’s obviously my focus every week, but definitely even more focused coming into this week -- even seeing [Josh Norman] go out there and get a strip late in the game on Sunday night. It’s something we’ve got to focus on, something you’re aware of.”

Elliott is the epicenter of the Cowboys' offense, the guy who makes it all go, and he’s a lot better running back than Washington saw in Week 2.

He’s a physical runner, who’s rarely tackled for a loss. He runs through arm tackles and hurdles defenders, who try to take out his legs. He has the speed to bounce inside runs and still beat defenders to the perimeter.

More important, he believes part of his job is to set the tone for the offense. Bang enough defenders in the first half and Elliott believes they grow weary of tackling him in the second half.

Elliott averages 25.5 touches per game and regularly blocks 250-pound blitzing linebackers.

Still, he’s not interested in discussing the so-called rookie wall, even though he’d be nearing the end of a college season. The NFL is about to start playing it’s most important games.

“I don't believe in the rookie wall. I think it's more of a mental thing,” Elliott said. “I think if you're a mentally-strong individual, then you know the rookie wall doesn't even sound right.

“If you take care of your body and you're strong mentally then you should be fine.”

Elliott is making plays in the passing game, averaging 12.7 on 22 receptions. He has six catches of 17 yards or more, and the Cowboys are using him more in the passing game to create big plays.

He scored on an 83-yard screen pass two games ago against Pittsburgh, and his 17-yard catch-and-run converted a third down Sunday against Baltimore.

“He’s a really good football player. It’s really as simple as that,” coach Jason Garrett said. “That’s what we saw on tape. I think everybody saw that in college -- a very complete player. Obviously a big-time runner, but so much more than that. A really good receiver, a really good blocker.

“His coach in college (Ohio State’s Urban Meyer) said he was the best player he has ever had with the ball not in his hands. We saw that on tape and we see that here. He just gets better and better.”

He’s looking forward to showing Washington his improvement.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well done.

I see you have us holding them under 20 points.

Feeling confident in our D or you're not a big believer in their offense?
I think we jump up early and hold on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
so much for that prediction , Nostradamus.
Yeah he was pretty much flawless. I can't remember him just outright missing a reciever the entire game or even a Skins reciever dropping a single ball from him.

Nice that we were able to beat Cousins while doing that though.

Top Bottom