Redskins Stuff...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I hate Thursday night games. I hate that we have to follow up the Thanksgiving Thursday night game with another Thursday night game. I think it is unsafe for players and leads to really bad games because teams have no had time to prepare their minds and bodies for the game. To me the NFL made a mistake with that move and it's hurting their product.
Agreed, although the upside is that they get a mini-bye and some extra rest before the Giants game the next Sunday.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Part of that I think is Romo though. He is a guy who needs the extra rest between games to get his body right. I'm hoping a guy like Dak will change that trend a little. Although I'm a little concerned with the wear and tear on Elliott after the Ravens game with the quick turnaround.

The Skins should get a healthy dose of Albert Morris up their asses.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We literally only need 3 more wins to get a bye, 4 to get homefield, assuming the Seahawks don't win out.

Of course I never want to lose but I also don't like playing divisional teams in the playoffs that we've already beaten twice, which could be the case if we win Thursday. Losing would definitely suck, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys quickly turn attention to Washington
8:30 AM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- Before Jason Garrett finished his opening statement following the Dallas Cowboys' win over the Baltimore Ravens Sunday, he was already thinking about the Thanksgiving matchup against the Washington Redskins.

“The challenge for us now is really put this to bed quickly and get ready for the next one on Thursday,” Garrett said.

This wasn’t just Garrett’s one-game-at-a-time mantra. This was actually true. Sunday marked the first of three games in 12 days.

The Cowboys will have a walk-through practice later Monday followed by more walk-through/jog-through practices on Tuesday and Wednesday.

“You’ve got to get your body back,” tight end Jason Witten said. “It’s a short week. There’s really no excuses. You have to prepare and we’re used to that. We’ve got to use that to our advantage.”

The Cowboys coaches used part of the bye week to start working on a game plan for the Redskins. They also spent some time during the latter part of the week looking at the Redskins. Of course, Washington has an even quicker turnaround than the Cowboys. It is coming off a Sunday night game against the Green Bay Packers.

Sean Lee has one way to prepare: sleep.

“As soon as this game is done, you’re on to Monday,” he said. “You’re getting ready for the next game and you’re doing everything you can to get your body ready for that Thursday. I’ve never played a Sunday-Thursday-Thursday [like the Cowboys are this year], so I’m going to really make sure I’m on point outside the building, taking care of my body.”

The Cowboys play the Minnesota Vikings on Dec. 1 before getting a 10-day break before playing the New York Giants (7-3) in what could be for the NFC East title.

Dak Prescott has never played two games in four days, so his youthful exuberance might carry him through.

“I’m excited about it,” the rookie quarterback said. “It’s something I’ve never done before, to respond real quick and play another game. But I love ball and I love this game.”

The Cowboys are 29-18-1 all-time on Thanksgiving, but they have lost the last two games by a combined 66-24 to the Philadelphia Eagles (33-10 in 2014) and Carolina Panthers (33-14 in 2015). The actually have lost four of their six Thanksgiving Day meetings with Garrett as head coach.

“It’s just kind of a different week,” Garrett said. “Every team in the league is challenged by the Sunday-to-Thursday game. The practice intensity won’t be the same. You do more walk-throughs and jog-throughs than you do a regular football practice.

"The biggest thing is to get the reps leading up to the game, get the reps in different situations. And you have to do it a lot of different ways. It’s not running them into the ground and killing them with tempo all week. The mental preparation has to be there. And then the guys in terms of their spirit, they have to put this game behind them, enjoy it for a couple of hours and then get our eyes forward.”

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We literally only need 3 more wins to get a bye, 4 to get homefield, assuming the Seahawks don't win out.

Of course I never want to lose but I also don't like playing divisional teams in the playoffs that we've already beaten twice, which could be the case if we win Thursday. Losing would definitely suck, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.
I'm not ashamed to admit that I want no part of a divisional opponent in the playoffs.

We need to get that 1st round bye and then hope that whichever NFC East team(s) make it to the playoffs gets eliminated in the WC round.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm not ashamed to admit that I want no part of a divisional opponent in the playoffs.

We need to get that 1st round bye and then hope that whichever NFC East team(s) make it to the playoffs gets eliminated in the WC round.
Agreed, especially if we already beat them twice.

That's why a loss Thursday wouldn't concern me too much, we only need 3-4 wins for a bye/HFA, I just don't want to play a divisional opponent in the playoffs after sweeping them. I think the Giants are more or less in at this point unless they completely collapse down the stretch, although the Redskins still have to play at Dallas, at Philly, at Arizona, and then the Giants and Carolina at home. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up 8-7-1 and miss it all together.

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Agreed, especially if we already beat them twice.

That's why a loss Thursday wouldn't concern me too much, we only need 3-4 wins for a bye/HFA, I just don't want to play a divisional opponent in the playoffs after sweeping them. I think the Giants are more or less in at this point unless they completely collapse down the stretch, although the Redskins still have to play at Dallas, at Philly, at Arizona, and then the Giants and Carolina at home. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up 8-7-1 and miss it all together.
I think the Redskins could still miss but I'd be surprised if the Giants didn't make it.

They are dangerous on offense but they don't look sharp on that side of the ball and they struggle throughout the game. They just find a way to use their talent to make a play here and a play there. But defensively, they are starting to come together.

If I had to guess right now, I say both the Giants and Redskins make it but I hope the Redskins prove me wrong and start dropping games.

We could help that cause ourselves by beating them up this Thursday. :art

townsend

Banned
This game worries me the most. We've dropped too many games to the skins when we were doing well.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
This game worries me the most. We've dropped too many games to the skins when we were doing well.
losing three out of the last four on T'giving will have that effect on people

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Who here wants to be 15-1 going into the playoffs, having won 15 in a row?

Sure as shit not me.

I'll take 13-3 right now and be happy, losing a game here and there would be good for this team and 4-2 over the last 6 should be more than attainable.

Cotton

Staff member
Kirk Cousins is a douchebag. That is all.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Sure as shit not me.

I'll take 13-3 right now and be happy, losing a game here and there would be good for this team and 4-2 over the last 6 should be more than attainable.
I think that winning streak stuff and being due to lose is overrated.

Carolina got to the SB at 15-1 and they dominated the NFC playoffs. They didn't lose to the Broncos because they were due, they lost because the Broncos defense was playing out of this world at that point.

I do believe you can be due for a bad game, but it has nothing to do with how long you've gone without losing or anything like that.

Besides, we already had a stinker vs Philly and we still won, so I think we'll be ok going forward.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Sure as shit not me.

I'll take 15-1.

I fail to see the negative in having sustained excellence week after week.

In the playoffs it's not like they're going to simply go through the motions or some shit just because they finished the season on a 15 game winning streak.

The win or go home atmosphere of the playoffs should be enough motivation for them to maintain their focus and play with max effort.

You can definitely learn a lot about yourself in the losses, as Michael Irvin loves to point out, but I also think the close hard fought games against teams like the Redskins, Ravens, Eagles, and Steelers will serve us well. You can even throw the Giants game in there as well.

Cotton

Staff member
I think 15-1 does nothing but build confidence, and you want your rookies to have mountains of confidence going into the playoffs. You might worry about the youngsters having too much confidence, but I just don't see that with these two. Both seem very humble.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Redskins are very capable of beating us. Offense seems to be firing on all cylinders. Redskins need this game 10x more than us which is another reason I could see us losing, but as long as we can control the clock with the run I think we will win a close one.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Redskins are very capable of beating us. Offense seems to be firing on all cylinders. Redskins need this game 10x more than us which is another reason I could see us losing, but as long as we can control the clock with the run I think we will win a close one.
I watched my daughter's soccer team boom flailing duck/dying kicks into that same stiff cold wind Cousins was launching bombs into.

Washington is red hot right now. I know the Packers defense is threadbare and is sucking ass at the moment, but ours is not much better.

Washington can run, pass, rush the passer, and has stout play in the defensive interior.

They can beat us, so we have to put that shat down right off the bat.

Top Bottom