2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ayuh. This is where we usually come up short. He's been exposed in big bowl games lately.

If OU holds on to a playoff spot I'm hoping they get matched up with Clemson.

After Clemson embarrassed them last year I'm hoping they come out angry with a chip on their shoulder like they did against Baylor.
As an Iowa fan, if we make the playoffs, I think our ideal scenario is playing Clemson. We have a couple tough games ahead of us though.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Seems as though some think the current #1 seed may be the easiest?

D

Deuce

Seems as though some think the current #1 seed may be the easiest?
That's because the ACC has a poor track record of producing good teams outside of FSU and then there's the whole "Clemsoning" thing.

Make no mistake, Clemson is a badass this year. Watson is developing into one of the elite QBs in the country. I wouldn't hope to draw them at all.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's because the ACC has a poor track record of producing good teams outside of FSU and then there's the whole "Clemsoning" thing.

Make no mistake, Clemson is a badass this year. Watson is developing into one of the elite QBs in the country. I wouldn't hope to draw them at all.
I like what I have seen of them but that hasn't been a lot.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
One down, Baker Mayfield to go?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The third stringer for Baylor did pretty well last week.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The third stringer for Baylor did pretty well last week.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
F U you non tackling POS defense. Will it ever change for this team?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fuck you, teasips.

Rev

Staff member
Still won though. Called it.
Yes you said it was a sure win but it wasn't. Far from it. It took an immaculate reception and a lucky grab of an onside kick. My whole argument was that putting Texas as a sure win wasnt the best idea because we don't usually win against Texas regardless of how bad they are.

I'm glad you were right in that we would win. It's the one team that I just can't stand.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yes you said it was a sure win but it wasn't. Far from it. It took an immaculate reception and a lucky grab of an onside kick. My whole argument was that putting Texas as a sure win wasnt the best idea because we don't usually win against Texas regardless of how bad they are.

I'm glad you were right in that we would win. It's the one team that I just can't stand.
I predicted it would likely happen. What about that? :happydance

Rev

Staff member
I predicted it would likely happen. What about that? :happydance
When predicting Tech vs Texas if you are predicting a win then it has to have some kind of disclaimer. That is how bad we are against them. That was just our 16th win against them in 65 games and if I had to guess most of those were in Lubbock.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

I don't think I used anything like "sure win", in fact I believe I said we "should win". There's a monumental difference.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
When predicting Tech vs Texas if you are predicting a win then it has to have some kind of disclaimer. That is how bad we are against them. That was just our 16th win against them in 65 games and if I had to guess most of those were in Lubbock.
We should be playing them in Lubbock next year, we should have a good chance in that game.

Rev

Staff member
I don't think I used anything like "sure win", in fact I believe I said we "should win". There's a monumental difference.
Maybe but Im not going back through the thread to find it. Regardless last nights game just shows that Texas shouldnt even be in the should win category with us.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
and Texas should never be in the should win category.
When one team is better than another, the better team should win regardless of the names of the teams. We're also not the only team in the conference with a losing record against UT. As I pointed out before, Baylor and TCU have worse all time records and they don't fear the MIGHTY LONGHORNS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom