The Great Police Work Thread

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Peace out R. Sherman.

The BLM movement was a movement based on a lie to begin with. It started with the Michael Brown incident. It had never been heard from before that. I have no opposition to anyone starting a group based on sincerely held truths, or beliefs, and carrying out peaceful demonstrations. The problem comes when you start letting more radical elements control your message and let the media portray you in the way that sells it's story. And, when you take financial benefit from people we know have agendas such as George Soros, Phil McCay, Some of hte Google folk, The Democratic Alliance. These people want the discord, not the coming together to find a solution. Hell, this president doesn't want a solution because it benefits his aims as a community organizer as well. He never fails to make use of a tragedy rather than just grieving with us. I was on way way home from FW after having gone in at midnight to work the rest of the night with my midnight guys. Most of our contacts with citizens here that evening were pretty cool. It seemed that when we got there the discussion turned to what had happened and how thankful they were for us. I was incredibly moved, but I live in a city where that is the relationship we have cultivated. Alot more of our calls were resolved by conversation than arrest. BUt I digress;
Obama came on from Poland I think talking about the tragedy and how the nation's thoughts were with Dallas etc. And then right in the middle has to comment about gun control a bit and then finished up. I screamed in my truck at how much I now hate this man. I strove to give him a chance because it is the thing to do. BUt this man has now done so much damage and continues to press on with his personal agendas that it is official. He is a hate mongering, anti-police, anti-American president and I personally hate him. So many examples of hypocrisy come from his mouth and his actions that it kills me how people can still find something good to say about him. And his judgement that Hillary is the most qualified presidential candidate since our founding basically?

Anyway, I didn't mean for that to be about him. The media show only incidents where blacks get shot because it boosts this story and message. Not the fact that more whites are actually shot by police. And they cherry pick what may be bad shootings and cover it like crazy and don't fulfill the obligation to give the correction or truth as much coverage when it doesn't push this message. I tell you all here that in my 25 years I have always worked as if I were being filmed and my actions and record stands on its own. I would bet 99.5 of police in this nation are the same. It saddens me that what comes out of what started as a peaceful march is not the idiocy of the shooter, but more justification and support from people like Wolf and Jiggs who posted this article, that cops kill blacks. THE Green article is a good place to start though, how about Obama and Soros and the rest take up some of those causes to show black lives really matter, because I tell you, that all lives matter to me regardless of skin color and I and my coworkers show it more in one day than those hypocrites do in their entire F'n lives.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
You are assigning that to whole faction of people the majority of the left does nothing like and the majority of preachers do nothing like that.

This extreme labeling is one of the biggest issues we have today.

Confirmation bias.
I wasn't assigning anything. I was pointing out there are idiots like this one that the media gives attention to as the spokespeople for these types movements. I in no way assume this is the norm because I know better and likely better than you because of my daily interactions. But when the media pushes this stuff, you have a president that gives lies in support of a message, then adds in his own mix of "truths" to support his message on top of it, and then all his cronies and those who believe like him do the same, I'm not confirming a bias, I am recognizing the truth of these people and what their goals are. It isn't people living in harmony because that doesn't make for getting "fundamental change."
ANd extreme labeling isn't one of the big issues today. it is people being shouted down or somehow attacked for truth telling while liers get all the attention and their lies are pushed as truths. It is politicians on both sides doing what is best for party and agendas and "groups" rather than what is best for country and all. IT's morons that attack people like Aikman for sending words of sorrow to LE and it doesn't exactly agree with their worldview and instead of being tolerant of a sympathetic message of support, they attack. Those are some of the big issues of today. Confirmation bias, not so much.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That's nice, then how about saying "Black Lives Matter Too"?

How about dorks not jumping the shit of someone who says the same thing but don't happen to be black? How about not creating more artificial segregation?

It would be nice if that is what you got from most who adopt the hashtag.

But let's get honest, that is not the case. Not how it is taken by the average pissed off black person.

And don't blame the media. They need the media and unless I have missed something, I have yet to see when this above has been repeated by BLM leadership. Wait, they don't have any leaders.

To me, it is a failed movement that needs something better.
How do you know this?

The average pissed off black person is not a regular on twitter.

The numbers I have seen are 25% of twitter users are black and most of those are students who tend to think more radical.

BLM radicals should not be looked at as the average pised of black person, i'm pissed off and have never used BLM except for here.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
And possibly happening again. DPD on lockdown.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't think that Sherman thing is real.

I guess it isn't, so yeah I feel like a dumb shit. That's what I get for going meme-tard, BiPo style.

But he did put this on the record, which is even better and far more eloquent:

"Before we get started, I'm gonna address the -- because there was some article written. You know, you guys have seen it. Talking about King Noble and all this. I did not write that article. A lot of people had sent it to me over the weekend, but I thought this would be the best place to address it. There were some points in that article, or in that post, that were relevant and I could agree with. But there were also some obviously ignorant points in there. I don't think any time's a time to call out for an all-out war against police or any race of people. I thought that was an ignorant statement. But as a black man, I do understand that black lives matter. You know, I stand for that, I believe in that wholeheartedly.

But I also think that there's a way to go about things, and there's a way to do things. And I think the issue at hand needs to be addressed internally, and before we move on, because from personal experience, you know, you have living in the hood, living in the inner city, you deal with things, you deal with people dying. Dealt with a best friend getting killed ... it was two 35-year-old black men. Wasn't no police officer involved, wasn't anybody else involved, and I didn't hear anybody shouting "black lives matter" then ... and I think that's the point we need to get to is that we need to deal with our own internal issues before we move forward and start pointing fingers and start attacking other people. We need to solidify ourselves as people and deal with our issues, because I think as long as we have black-on-black crime and, you know, one black man killing another ... if black lives matter, then it should matter all the time. You should never let somebody get killed -- that's somebody's son, that's somebody's brother, that's somebody's friend. So you should always keep that in mind.

And there's a lot of dealings with police officers right now, I don't think all cops are bad. You know, I think there's some great cops out there, who do everything in their power to uphold the badge and uphold the honor and protect the people in society. But there are bad cops, and I think that also needs to be addressed. I think the police officers we have right now -- you know, some of it is being brought to light, because of video cameras, everybody has a camera phone. But these are things a lot of us have dealt with our whole lives. And I think right now is a perfect time to deal with it. The climate we're in ... everybody's being more accepting, you know, so I think the ignorance should stop. I think people realize that, at the end of the day, we're all human beings. So, you know, before we're black, white, Asian, Polynesian, Latino -- we're humans. So, it's up to us to stop it. Thank you."

Jiggyfly

Banned
I wasn't assigning anything. I was pointing out there are idiots like this one that the media gives attention to as the spokespeople for these types movements. I in no way assume this is the norm because I know better and likely better than you because of my daily interactions. But when the media pushes this stuff, you have a president that gives lies in support of a message, then adds in his own mix of "truths" to support his message on top of it, and then all his cronies and those who believe like him do the same, I'm not confirming a bias, I am recognizing the truth of these people and what their goals are. It isn't people living in harmony because that doesn't make for getting "fundamental change."
And extreme labeling isn't one of the big issues today. it is people being shouted down or somehow attacked for truth telling while liers get all the attention and their lies are pushed as truths. It is politicians on both sides doing what is best for party and agendas and "groups" rather than what is best for country and all. IT's morons that attack people like Aikman for sending words of sorrow to LE and it doesn't exactly agree with their worldview and instead of being tolerant of a sympathetic message of support, they attack. Those are some of the big issues of today. Confirmation bias, not so much.
So you did not say "the left" in the post I quoted?

And everything you say about Obama is confirmation bias, he has spoken several times about respecting cops and taking personal responsibility but you ignore that.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
How do you know this?

The average pissed off black person is not a regular on twitter.

The numbers I have seen are 25% of twitter users are black and most of those are students who tend to think more radical.

BLM radicals should not be looked at as the average pised of black person, i'm pissed off and have never used BLM except for here.
I appreciate what you are saying, because you speak from perspective, one of course, I can't have.

But I stand firmly behind the idea that the BLM movement, the actual entity, is not helping. And like what I posted which you decided not to acknowledge, the current state of the movement is divisional and that won't continue. If you are saying it is a result of radicals who don't speak for the average pissed off, I can appreciate it.

All in all, the social media presence of the movement and one that dummies adopt is stilted and you see very very little push back on that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Now its being reported as a false report. Local TV station had it as well as a reporter that I follow on Twitter.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Now its being reported as a false report. Local TV station had it as well as a reporter that I follow on Twitter.
It was also on MSN's splash page. Just alluding to a "situation".

Jiggyfly

Banned
I appreciate what you are saying, because you speak from perspective, one of course, I can't have.

But I stand firmly behind the idea that the BLM movement, the actual entity, is not helping. And like what I posted which you decided not to acknowledge, the current state of the movement is divisional and that won't continue. If you are saying it is a result of radicals who don't speak for the average pissed off, I can appreciate it.

All in all, the social media presence of the movement and one that dummies adopt is stilted and you see very very little push back on that.
What didn't I acknowledge?

I have agreed with you that it is not helping but that should cause anyone to shut themselves off from the discussion.

You keep saying there is very little push back but both Richard Sherman and Ray Lewis have pushed back and a lot of others have as well, especially after they were chanting kill cops in NY.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What didn't I acknowledge?

I have agreed with you that it is not helping but that should cause anyone to shut themselves off from the discussion.

You keep saying there is very little push back but both Richard Sherman and Ray Lewis have pushed back and a lot of others have as well, especially after they were chanting kill cops in NY.
Push back from someone other than an athlete or sports celebrity would be like really cool.

Although they shouldn't be excluded from contributing, is there no other leadership?

Even our own President is fumbling around with this.

That was what I was getting at that I don't believe you acknowledged.

If there was a time for a great leader to step forward and unite, now is the time. But instead we have inactivity and the ill-equipped filling the void.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Push back from someone other than an athlete or sports celebrity would be like really cool.

Although they shouldn't be excluded from contributing, is there no other leadership?

Even our own President is fumbling around with this.

That was what I was getting at that I don't believe you acknowledged.

If there was a time for a great leader to step forward and unite, now is the time. But instead we have inactivity and the ill-equipped filling the void.
Obama has been fumbling around every since the Camden incident, I don't think he expected that backlash.

And then when he actually spoke from the heart about the Trayvon incident people really lost their minds.

I am not saying he handled them well but the backlash was way out of proportion.

I think Obama can still make a difference. I hope once he gets out of office he can direct his energies to combating some of these issues without having to worry about politics.

But on the other hand who is going to talk sense into those manic trump supporters who are falling into the victimization trap themselves.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ok so are we going to talk about how they blew that MF up with some C4 and a robot.

That's really saying Fuck This.:lol

Top Bottom