MLB Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What the Rangers are doing is incredible. It's even more amazing when you factor in that they aren't even at full strength.

It would be awesome if they could get that championship for DFW.

If Nelly Cruz didn't puss out on that 2 out fly ball from Berkman, they'd already have a ring, but I digress.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This is the Cubs year. It's destiny. As it is written, so shall it be done.

As Ranger fans, would you rather deal with the disappointment of a major collapse and missing the playoffs? A loss in the AL playoffs? Or being known as the team to finally surrender a WS to the Cubbies?

Myself, while I would enjoy witnessing the collapse, I think I'd rather see them get close only to have it snatched away at the last moment. And be forever linked to the Cubs and their first World Series championship in 108 years, forever vanquishing the voodoo of billy goats, black cats, and Bartman's.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
My original hope was that it would be the White Sox that would be the sacrificial lamb to the Cubs, when they were playing well earlier. (I hate those fuckers) But they are already fading and I seriously doubt they'll make the playoffs.

For the record, I don't hate the Rangers. But I do enjoy watching things burn, and there are enough Ranger fans here to make the earlier scenario enjoyable. :art

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

As Ranger fans, would you rather deal with the disappointment of a major collapse and missing the playoffs? A loss in the AL playoffs? Or being known as the team to finally surrender a WS to the Cubbies?

Myself, while I would enjoy witnessing the collapse, I think I'd rather see them get close only to have it snatched away at the last moment. And be forever linked to the Cubs and their first World Series championship in 108 years, forever vanquishing the voodoo of billy goats, black cats, and Bartman's.
Gun to my head, I go with WS loss to the Cubs. At least it would be over with quickly, and we would have made the WS. A collapse would be the worse, as we would have to endure it for a lot longer.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

The troll is strong in this one. :lol

If those are my choices then I will settle for being in the World Series. It would stink losing it again but at least it would be to the Cubs and not SF or St. Louis.

I don't think its destined to be the Cubs, though. They are having a great year but the NL payoffs is going to be tough.

Rooting for the Cubs, though.

Jiggyfly

Banned

You left one out.

Lose to the Astros in the playoffs.:towel

Rev

Staff member
There was no troll attempt. I point blank told you my reasoning behind it.
Yes and that is trolling. It's alright, NoDak. We all do it here and that laughing smiley was not sarcastic.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You left one out.

Lose to the Astros in the playoffs.:towel
Dinosaurs will come back before the Astros beat the Rangers in a series.

In the (altered) words of the great Pedro Martinez: "The Rangers are my daddy"

Jiggyfly

Banned
Dinosaurs will come back before the Astros beat the Rangers in a series.

In the (altered) words of the great Pedro Martinez: "The Rangers are my daddy"
It has to turn at some point and that would be the worst possible time for Rangers fans.

The meltdown would be epic.:lol

Rev

Staff member
It has to turn at some point and that would be the worst possible time for Rangers fans.

The meltdown would be epic.:lol
It's going to be twice as hard for the Astros to do what the Rangers did last season. Mainly because the Astros still haven't shown that they can beat the Rangers. I hope they make a race of the division but 1 win this season isn't going to do it.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's going to be twice as hard for the Astros to do what the Rangers did last season. Mainly because the Astros still haven't shown that they can beat the Rangers. I hope they make a race of the division but 1 win this season isn't going to do it.
They can get in as a wildcard, I don't see them getting into the division race.

Rev

Staff member
They can get in as a wildcard, I don't see them getting into the division race.
Yeah. Hope so. That would mean them jackass blue jays wouldnt make it

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
My original hope was that it would be the White Sox that would be the sacrificial lamb to the Cubs, when they were playing well earlier. (I hate those fuckers) But they are already fading and I seriously doubt they'll make the playoffs.

For the record, I don't hate the Rangers. But I do enjoy watching things burn, and there are enough Ranger fans here to make the earlier scenario enjoyable. :art
Bite me sir, Bite me I say!!!!!! :lol

If those were the only choices, then I would still root for going and losing to the Cubs. But.......That will not happen my friend! :buddy

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I am going to Dell Diamond to see the Iowa Cubs vs. the Round Rock Express tonight. Any interesting Rangers prospects besides Joey Gallo in Round Rock right now? There are a couple for the Cubs who play for Iowa right now, but most of their top prospects that haven't been promoted to the Big Leagues are currently in AA or lower.

Cotton

Staff member
I am going to Dell Diamond to see the Iowa Cubs vs. the Round Rock Express tonight. Any interesting Rangers prospects besides Joey Gallo in Round Rock right now? There are a couple for the Cubs who play for Iowa right now, but most of their top prospects that haven't been promoted to the Big Leagues are currently in AA or lower.
I think Jared Hoying got sent back down. [MENTION=28]Rev[/MENTION] can correct me if I'm wrong, but he is a good one to watch. He has a little bit of power, and is active on the base paths.

Rev

Staff member
Other than Gallo its pretty bare for ranked prospects. The rest are just fill in types. Pitcher Michael Roth is having a good year and is supposed to get next shot for a callup for the starting rotation. Hoying is having a good year as well. I guess maybe DeShields still has a chance but he is struggling at AAA.

Oh and Kyle Lohse is there as well but he is struggling as well or at least the last time I looked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom