Video Game Chatter

junk

Not So New Member
I got No Mans Sky. Only played like an hour. It's cool so far but I worry it could get very repetitive. Lots of grinding for resources.

I made it off the planet, flew a long ass ways to the space station and docked. All the further I've gotten.

I feel like it is a very broad game but not very deep

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I had the 2600, too. I remember spending like 6 hours one day playing Pacman to make the score roll over at 100,000 (I think). There was a pattern that you could run that you would never get you caught by those pesky ghosts.
I played Pac-Man for so long one time that he started moving through the walls and the whole screen started changing colors.

Not sure if I was hallucinating or it really happened, but my mom made me put it up for a while after that.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Worst Nintendo game was Ghostbusters.
I have a nostalgic attachment to that game and I liked the ghost catching parts, but overall it didn't make any sense.

I don't know how it was received at the time, but I remember renting the Rambo game and not being able to figure out WTF to do or where to go to advance.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I never figured out who Yar was, but played the hell outta that game.
There's a good documentary on Netflix about Atari that focuses on the ET landfill. In that, the guy who made it says Yar was Ray backwards, and it was a nod to one of the Atari founders.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
There's a good documentary on Netflix about Atari that focuses on the ET landfill. In that, the guy who made it says Yar was Ray backwards, and it was a nod to one of the Atari founders.
Damn, he's right.

That is Ray spelled backwards.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't know how it was received at the time, but I remember renting the Rambo game and not being able to figure out WTF to do or where to go to advance.
:lol

That game was so stupid.

You spent most of the game running around with a knife stabbing snakes and shit.

Just getting to the boat that got you across the river was in achievement in itself. You finally get a gun towards the end, though.

That and the Predator games were very disappointing games that ultimately sucked and had almost nothing to do with the movies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

That game was so stupid.

You spent most of the game running around with a knife stabbing snakes and shit.

Just getting to the boat that got you across the river was in achievement in itself. You finally get a gun towards the end, though.

That and the Predator games were very disappointing games that ultimately sucked and had almost nothing to do with the movies.
I remember wanting to like the Rambo game so bad. I was a huge fan of the movies and I'm pretty sure I rented that game multiple times from Blockbuster and Family Video and was very disappointed every time. Compared to a game like Double Dragon Brothers it was a joke.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I got No Mans Sky. Only played like an hour. It's cool so far but I worry it could get very repetitive. Lots of grinding for resources.

I made it off the planet, flew a long ass ways to the space station and docked. All the further I've gotten.

I feel like it is a very broad game but not very deep
For you and [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]

This literally made me LOL

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I haven't seen a ton of hype for this year's Madden game.

Usually there would be tons of commercials airing by now.

I'm buying it because I haven't purchased a Madden game since 2013. Plus I just upgraded to the PS4 last month so I need it on the new console.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If anyone has last year's Madden you can trade it at Best Buy and basically get 25 bucks towards the new game. Today is the last day though.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think I might get Madden this year.

Operations Sports said its the best gameplay for Madden in a long time.

I'll give it a chance. Since I haven't played one in a few years.

D

Deuce

I think I might get Madden this year.

Operations Sports said its the best gameplay for Madden in a long time.

I'll give it a chance. Since I haven't played one in a few years.
I feel like I'll read that review about a new Madden somewhere every year and I still end up disappointed.

but I'll probably still get it eventually since Bortles' rating has to be solid.

Top Bottom