2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
At this point why do you care?

Ok has its fate in its hands and getting to play what most consider the weakest team in the playoffs.

With that said I do think OK has the worst lost they got thumped while Mich State lost a shootout.
:lol

24-17 is getting "thumped"? Okay.

Didn't realize losing by a single TD was a blowout. Now I know.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Everyone had better pray that Oklahoma doesn't win the national championship. I'm letting you know now that I'm going to be an insufferable prick.

Consider yourself warned....if OU wins it all do not bother visiting this College football thread for at least 60 days.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Everyone had better pray that Oklahoma doesn't win the national championship. I'm letting you know now that I'm going to be an insufferable prick.

Consider yourself warned....if OU wins it all do not bother visiting this College football thread for at least 60 days.

:tippytoe

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:jerk

Cotton

Staff member
Muschamp got the SC job.

Jiggyfly

Banned
:lol

24-17 is getting "thumped"? Okay.

Didn't realize losing by a single TD was a blowout. Now I know.
Letting a team run for over 300 yards rushing and being down 14 points for the majority of the game is getting thumped IMO.

I'm sure you even said as much in here during the game but now you are all offended and stuff.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Charlie Strong and Texas are okay in my book. I have no beef with them. In fact I'd thank them.

That loss to Texas served as a much needed wake up call to Lincoln Riley and the offensive staff. Prior to the Texas game they were too preoccupied with trying to get the passing game going, trying to be a pass-heavy O like most Air Raid teams. But that simply isn't Oklahoma's strength.

If you go back and look at the stats from the first month of the season Perine and Mixon weren't getting many carries and the offense was kind of sporadic and out of sorts.

But after that loss to Texas I guess Stoops had a come to Jesus meeting with young Riley & co. because they immediately started running the ball more, playing to the strength of the team.

If I had to guess I'd say in games 1-5 the pass-run ratio was 70/30.

In games 6-12 the pass-run ratio was probably 45/55.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Letting a team run for over 300 yards rushing and being down 14 points for the majority of the game is getting thumped IMO.

I'm sure you even said as much in here during the game but now you are all offended and stuff.
I doubt I ever said we got thumbed. Losing during the course of a game by 2 scores isn't being thumped on any level of football.

Thumped is when you have no chance at all of winning....you aren't even in contention, etc.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Clemson thumped OU last year.

Baylor thumped OU last year.

Texas A&M thumped OU a couple of years ago.

OU lost to Texas this year. See the difference?

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Jets destroyed the Giants yesterday. Wow!

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Time to remove him from the family potrait.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Time to remove him from the family potrait.
They have up to one million per to offer. Harrell is going with him.

hahahaha, the entire conference and country that laughed a t the gimmick offense is converting to it .

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
YOUR Rutgers Scarlet Knights have officially hired Chris Ash - Co defensive coordinator for Ohio State as their new head coach.

No head coach experience but has a national championship under his belt. Hopefully the guy can recruit because NJ high school football despises Rutgers

dallen

Senior Tech
YOUR Rutgers Scarlet Knights have officially hired Chris Ash - Co defensive coordinator for Ohio State as their new head coach.

No head coach experience but has a national championship under his belt. Hopefully the guy can recruit because NJ high school football despises Rutgers
He's a pretty decent recruiter. He was a terrible D Coordinator at Arkansas though. I don't think he called plays at OSU either. Still, always great to see the Bielema Coaching Tree sprout another branch! :towel

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Oklahoma looks like the most complete team to me, I think the winner of Alabama/Michigan St. will be so worn down from what should be an extremely physical game that the winner of Clemson/OU will take it down.

Cotton

Staff member
He's a pretty decent recruiter. He was a terrible D Coordinator at Arkansas though. I don't think he called plays at OSU either. Still, always great to see the Bielema Coaching Tree sprout another branch! :towel
That tree isn't nearly as large as the Leach tree. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom