Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Redskins | Week 2 | 09-18-16

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'll give this shaky ass defense credit for making a couple plays at the right time. I'd be sick over this loss if I were a Redskins fan though. They blew this game.
Yup.

They were given some bad situations on consecutive drives with the failed onsides and the fumble, but they held them to 3 both times. And of course, Church's pick and Durant's pass deflection were huge in getting us the win.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Zeke though.. Fuck that guy.
Does not look good so far. He is getting buried in the backfield before he gets a chance to get going a lot of the time though. Just isn't getting the blocking. He can not put the ball on the ground like that though or he is going to lose touches in a hurry.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I thought we were pretty close to getting called for roughing the passer
Yup.

I didn't see who it was, but it looked like someone hit Cousin's low on that Hail Mary.

data

Forbes #1
Beasley won that game for us.
No defining highlight catch, but Dez had several clutch 1st down catches, too.

TWill successfully shut down his side of the field.

Escobar - the grass looked great. Good job.

Stars

DCC 4Life
Hand it to the defense down the stretch starting with the dumb inside kick. That and the Redskins are still the Redskins.

One thing that really stood out though is T Williams was invisible. Worst #2 WR in the league.
Man you're not kidding. Forgot he was even on the team.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Does not look good so far. He is getting buried in the backfield before he gets a chance to get going a lot of the time though. Just isn't getting the blocking. He can not put the ball on the ground like that though or he is going to lose touches in a hurry.
I thought he looked good today, sans the fumbles, of course.

On his first fumble, he had just picked up another 1st down and the running game was getting hot. That fumble killed that momentum.

I think he'll be ok, but it's just more of a reason to use more Morris, which for some stupid reason, we aren't already.

D

Deuce

Romo who?
Still too early to say this seriously, but I'm almost there. Once teams start to back off and game plan for him instead of forcing him to beat them, we'll see what he's made of. But he's close.

data

Forbes #1
Kirk Cousins won the game for us, too. 5 bad passes that an above aberage QB makes and this game's a 2-score win.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Amazing how moving Dez around and making it a point to get him the ball actually worked.

Who knew?

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
I thought he looked good today, sans the fumbles, of course.

On his first fumble, he had just picked up another 1st down and the running game was getting hot. That fumble killed that momentum.

I think he'll be ok, but it's just more of a reason to use more Morris, which for some stupid reason, we aren't already.
Agree, thought he looked good today except for the fumbles. With the fumbles, I'd start Morris this week and then make Zeke earn the starting job back.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Kirk Cousins won the game for us, too. 5 bad passes that an above aberage QB makes and this game's a 2-score win.
He was really bad today, and he was bad last week too.

He should've signed that deal.

dallen

Senior Tech
Dak is the player Quincy Carter was supposed to be.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Amazing how moving Dez around and making it a point to get him the ball actually worked.

Who knew?
And taking him across the middle.

Top Bottom