Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm expecting the worst. I'm at the point where I will consider it a failure if we don't get our stud QB.

Just let me overreact!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Oh yeah, it was actually in response to a question about if their is a possibility the Cowboys take a QB outside of the first round. I think you're reading too much into it.
I doubt it.

Taking a QB in the first would take A) Guts and B) Foresight.

And we have neither. And no, don't mistake stupidity for having guts.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm expecting the worst. I'm at the point where I will consider it a failure if we don't get our stud QB.

Just let me overreact!
It is gonna suck an industrial size bag-o-dicks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Just let me overreact!
Especially since I have zero faith Romo makes it through this season. Last year it was painfully obvious that just a normal hit is likely to break his collarbone. And honestly, if he has a fourth collarbone break, I think he may retire and if not he probably should. Looking at our team needs, I honestly view QB as our biggest need at this point.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This reeks of smokescreen. And Bowen is an eagles beat writer...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not sure but his injury was a long time ago. The fact that he still can't run a 40 is alarming to me.
He chose not to run, not that he couldn't. And it looks like that gambit is not paying off.

It was more of a case he would do drills and have his agent post them to Twitter, like it matters.

His medicals were going to be cloudy. Now teams have no starting point and it will be what team is willing to gamble.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm guessing it will take 8, both of their 3rd's and their 1st and 3rd next year. Steep price to pay for a team that lacks talent to begin with. They aren't the Rams with probably the best young RB and DL in football and they're hoping to nab a franchise QB who puts them over the top.

No, this is already a very average roster and unless Wentz is the next Luck they're fucked. Even if he's a Stafford/Matt Ryan level QB they're still fucked.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
At this point I'd be happy if we didn't spend a pick in the first 3 rounds on Prescott.
I've just been hoping we don't draft any QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, unless Lynch drops. There are great scenario's and good scenario's, but about the only way we totally F this draft up is by wasting a 2nd day pick on a lower tier QB. But I have a bad feeling that's exactly what we'll do. Best worst case scenario is it's only a 3rd and not a 2nd.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I've just been hoping we don't draft any QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, unless Lynch drops. There are great scenario's and good scenario's, but about the only way we totally F this draft up is by wasting a 2nd day pick on a lower tier QB. But I have a bad feeling that's exactly what we'll do. Best worst case scenario is it's only a 3rd and not a 2nd.
Yea.

At this point man I think I'd even prefer Cook in the 2nd to Prescott in the 3rd, and that's saying alot for me. I don't like Cook but I could see a scenario where he ends up being a decent starter, Prescott I just can't see ever being a starter in the league.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Yea.

At this point man I think I'd even prefer Cook in the 2nd to Prescott in the 3rd, and that's saying alot for me. I don't like Cook but I could see a scenario where he ends up being a decent starter, Prescott I just can't see ever being a starter in the league.
I'm torn. I don't want any of these QB's in the 2nd or 3rd. I do like Cook better than Dak, but he'd probably cost us a our 2nd rounder whereas Dak would probably cost us our 3rd, unless we go full retard and take Dak in the 2nd. I can't decide if I'd prefer the better turd in the 2nd or if we are going to waste a pick just let it be the 3rd and Dak.

My preference of course is if we don't get one of the top 3 QB's to just wait til day three and go with Dak there or Brandon Allen or Kevin Hogan or whatever other schlub we dig up.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm guessing it will take 8, both of their 3rd's and their 1st and 3rd next year. Steep price to pay for a team that lacks talent to begin with. They aren't the Rams with probably the best young RB and DL in football and they're hoping to nab a franchise QB who puts them over the top.

No, this is already a very average roster and unless Wentz is the next Luck they're fucked. Even if he's a Stafford/Matt Ryan level QB they're still fucked.
Maybe they'd be fucked for a year or two. But then they'd have all of their picks back, and possibly a young franchise QB ready to take off in their 3rd year.

As a Cowboys fan, I'd be willing to do that if it meant I'd have my QB for the ten years following those two draft lean years.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Maybe they'd be fucked for a year or two. But then they'd have all of their picks back, and possibly a young franchise QB ready to take off in their 3rd year.

As a Cowboys fan, I'd be willing to do that if it meant I'd have my QB for the ten years following those two draft lean years.
Yea, it's a big risk either way, obviously if it works out then you're fine with it but it's still a huge risk. It's the main reason why I wanted to take our shot this year because even if we had to move up we could probably have done so for a much smaller price and we have the luxury of being able to let a guy sit and learn, as opposed to a few years from now when the price will presumably be steeper and they will likely have to play much sooner.

Obviously if Wentz is the next Luck it's a no-brainer move, and if he busts it's a no-brainer mistake, the real question is what happens if he is a Stafford or Matt Ryan level QB?

Are you satisfied with that given the price?

You really set your roster back giving up that many picks and if the QB you get is pretty good but not really an elite, carry you deep into the playoffs without much around them type, then is it worth it?

Given the Eagles roster, I don't think so.

He chose not to run, not that he couldn't. And it looks like that gambit is not paying off.

It was more of a case he would do drills and have his agent post them to Twitter, like it matters.

His medicals were going to be cloudy. Now teams have no starting point and it will be what team is willing to gamble.
Well there's our second round pick then! Jerry thinks he is gonna outsmart everyone!:picard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom