Has anybody talked to Skid? [Please donate to help to support Skid and his family]

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hey dudes, wassup? I can't tell you how awesome what you guys have done for my family is. My wife calls all of you my pretend friends but now is a believer in you turds. Since Cotton has been so gracious to us and now the DCC has been here for us collectively she doesn't think you are all imagined. So we thank you for what you have done. The green ballon was a nice touch. It is humbling and for me to receive a gift like this.

My wife has been through it this past year. It hasn't been just that but our entire family has seen its fair share of struggles. With health, financial and other stuff. It seems like it's been the year of suck. Still, my wife is a certified badass and continues on. One example is how much she wanted to be at my sons football scrimmage yesterday: there was a long walk to the other side of the stadium that she struggled with (neuropathy in her hands and feet) but wanted to walk on her own. About 15 minutes into the game she leaned on me and slept the rest for the time.

This month I blew up the engine in my truck, one of my sons did the same thing and my 21 year old son rolled his car in the weirdest place. A pipe busted upstairs and flooded our house to the point that most of downstairs was gutted. So we are in a temporary place while we do repairs. I've had some serious health issues as well, so yay. With my focus changing it has taken focus off of my business which has sucked. We aren't going to starve (I'm still fat - now I see how the poors can be fat) or anything. All you can do is laugh at this point.

I'm not trying to be doom and gloom but it seems like all of my misfortune has been in a concentrated time. So our family is closer than ever as I've eliminated all of the distractions in my life. I don't have time for slacking and it was effecting my attitude on the DCC. I said some things I regretted so I decided to put myself in timeout.

We are actually doing well considering the circumstances. We still laugh and act like idiots with each her like always. My wife has her ups and downs but overall she is past most of her worst treatments. She completed most of her chemotherapy, recently had another surgery and is now undergoing radiation along with hormone therapy (herceptin - that stuff is horrible) and all sorts of pills. We expect her to be getting better in the coming months. It is hard to describe what this has been like for all of us. They prescribed the most aggressive treatment plan for her and bombed her body with all that she could take and then some. It is hard to watch for me as I've been her protection and provider since she was 17 years old. Now at 40 I faced the first thing that I couldn't solve for her.

Thank you all for the support. It definitely put a smile on our faces. We are already planning to go to PF Chang tonight with my crew, wife, kids and my adult kids' future wives. It was perfect timing as schedules make to hard to get everyone together. That wouldn't have been possible without you. It is the best medicine for momma to have those that she loves close to her, laughing and harassing the poor people who work and dine at this place.

Once again, thank you!

post more, seriously
Love you, brother. I am very proud of everyone here. We have been posting together a long damn time. Almost 13 years is an eternity in internet time. Sometimes, we can be real dickheads to each other, but this shows we do care about each other. (no homo) We seemed to have come close in all of those years, and it showed in this donation drive. Just so glad the timing was perfect, because you're right, she needs that time with all of her family. It doesn't physically heal, but it damn sure helps psychologically. I expect that green balloon to be displayed proudly when we come to see you guys in a few weeks.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Thanks a ton to Jiggy for being the catalyst for all of this.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Thanks a ton to Jiggy for being the catalyst for all of this.
No problem.

Could not have done it without the great support of everyone and their great ideas.

Just happy that we could be a small comfort in this trying time for you.

Did your wife like the flowers?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
No problem.

Could not have done it without the great support of everyone and their great ideas.

Just happy that we could be a small comfort in this trying time for you.

Did your wife like the flowers?

Yeah, she loved them. She perked right up.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Our dollars hard at work...

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Our dollars hard at work...

:towel Best use of $$ so far this year for me.

Hello and prayers to your family from Indiana Skid, it's great to see all of those smiling faces. I know what it's like to have one of those prolonged periods where it doesn't just rain, it pours and how important a break from it can be.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I don't know about that. Building my short barreled suppressed AR15 was pretty good use of my money! :happydance
But this does rank right up there as an amazing thing and I'm glad I was able to help. Skids, know that you and your beautiful family continue to be in our thoughts and prayers hombre! :buddy

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Hard to believe such a good looking table came to be from a member here...
All the best to you and yours

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Makes me wax poetically. Warms the cockles of my heart.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Thanks to the DCC my family had a memorable night. My wife is still beaming and commenting on how great it was to get out and have all of us together.

I figured I'd introduce my family Zone style.

Nadia 11 - she never stops talking and is a technology whiz. She is a cheerleader, loves to perform in just about anything in front of crowds. She is completely unaware that she is often out of tune singing and dancing the wrong steps in plays, dances and anything else in front of people. She is bold and does not have the ability to be embarrassed. Ripping a fart in public is not a problem for her (we are working on that). Her favorite thing in life are beer, beards and the smell of cigar. I predict she will marry a lumberjack.

Ava 13 - she is extremely modest, innocent (she asks mom what words mean that she's heard at school) and the opposite of her sister in that respect although she is surprisingly confident but not boastful. She has an amazing voice being asked to sing the nation anthem at several large events. As an incoming freshman she made the varsity cheer squad and was a smidge away from being a team captain. She is completely clueless about how beautiful she is, so I'm not really ready for her to go to high school Monday. I'm considering homeschooling her through her masters degree. Right now she in love with a tall, odd looking geek which I think is funny.

Austin 15 - He's old for his grade (we held all of our boys back) so he is in the same grade as is younger sister. They had every class together last year and are best friends. He's quiet, reserved, artistic and athletic. It is funny how everyone over eachother talks at our dinner table but when he talks everyone listens. A man of few words but always profound. He's a good kid in every possible way. He's on the verge of cracking the varsity lineup this summer.

Nathan 17 - he's a equally sweet and hardheaded. Somehow I made a 6'3" child...this dude is a decorated athlete. Last year as a sophomore he was the MVP of the football team, all district, all region, all state in baseball and went to the state tournament in track. He has been able to dunk since the grade. Oddly I can't say that he's fully committed himself to sports or reached is potential because it seemed like a hobby that he strolls into. He has a magnetic personality but and many acquaintances but only a few close friends. He really doesn't have a need to be accepted by people and takes criticism in stride.

Dristen 21 - he's a nice, kindhearted kid that played football like every play was his last. He's paid a price for it physically. I have no idea how he got into the Army with all of the injuries that he's had. He is in the Army nursing program, so I am very proud of him. He turned down small school offers to play college football because he was ready to make the quickest path to making a living and getting married to he girl. @ed_guapo has seen him play. The dude was a smooth football player. You wouldn't be able to tell because he would never brag on himself. He has overcome learning disabilities to get to where he is. With that rich mexican blood running through his veins he just worked hard enough to graduate highschool with an associates degree in biology. I'm pretty proud of him.

Preston 24 - haha, the dude is a trip. This guy is a brawler and very hard headed, he's equally loyal and protective. He is one of those country strong kids who has a few beers and gets into a fight with the baddest dude in the bar. One example: when he was a sophomore and new to the high school Tom Wort (5 star LB we went onto play at OU) was picking on him in the locker room and he took him to the ground and started pounding until he was pulled off. He was a badass wrestler in Brandon FL's famous team. I love this kid...he'd do anyting for those that he loves.

Also pictured are the girlfriends and my hippie mom.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Glad I could be part of this gesture, keeping you and yours in our prayers.

GigEm

Jiggyfly

Banned
Thanks to the DCC my family had a memorable night. My wife is still beaming and commenting on how great it was to get out and have all of us together.

I figured I'd introduce my family Zone style.

Nadia 11 - she never stops talking and is a technology whiz. She is a cheerleader, loves to perform in just about anything in front of crowds. She is completely unaware that she is often out of tune singing and dancing the wrong steps in plays, dances and anything else in front of people. She is bold and does not have the ability to be embarrassed. Ripping a fart in public is not a problem for her (we are working on that). Her favorite thing in life are beer, beards and the smell of cigar. I predict she will marry a lumberjack.

Ava 13 - she is extremely modest, innocent (she asks mom what words mean that she's heard at school) and the opposite of her sister in that respect although she is surprisingly confident but not boastful. She has an amazing voice being asked to sing the nation anthem at several large events. As an incoming freshman she made the varsity cheer squad and was a smidge away from being a team captain. She is completely clueless about how beautiful she is, so I'm not really ready for her to go to high school Monday. I'm considering homeschooling her through her masters degree. Right now she in love with a tall, odd looking geek which I think is funny.

Austin 15 - He's old for his grade (we held all of our boys back) so he is in the same grade as is younger sister. They had every class together last year and are best friends. He's quiet, reserved, artistic and athletic. It is funny how everyone over eachother talks at our dinner table but when he talks everyone listens. A man of few words but always profound. He's a good kid in every possible way. He's on the verge of cracking the varsity lineup this summer.

Nathan 17 - he's a equally sweet and hardheaded. Somehow I made a 6'3" child...this dude is a decorated athlete. Last year as a sophomore he was the MVP of the football team, all district, all region, all state in baseball and went to the state tournament in track. He has been able to dunk since the grade. Oddly I can't say that he's fully committed himself to sports or reached is potential because it seemed like a hobby that he strolls into. He has a magnetic personality but and many acquaintances but only a few close friends. He really doesn't have a need to be accepted by people and takes criticism in stride.

Dristen 21 - he's a nice, kindhearted kid that played football like every play was his last. He's paid a price for it physically. I have no idea how he got into the Army with all of the injuries that he's had. He is in the Army nursing program, so I am very proud of him. He turned down small school offers to play college football because he was ready to make the quickest path to making a living and getting married to he girl. @ed_guapo has seen him play. The dude was a smooth football player. You wouldn't be able to tell because he would never brag on himself. He has overcome learning disabilities to get to where he is. With that rich mexican blood running through his veins he just worked hard enough to graduate highschool with an associates degree in biology. I'm pretty proud of him.

Preston 24 - haha, the dude is a trip. This guy is a brawler and very hard headed, he's equally loyal and protective. He is one of those country strong kids who has a few beers and gets into a fight with the baddest dude in the bar. One example: when he was a sophomore and new to the high school Tom Wort (5 star LB we went onto play at OU) was picking on him in the locker room and he took him to the ground and started pounding until he was pulled off. He was a badass wrestler in Brandon FL's famous team. I love this kid...he'd do anyting for those that he loves.

Also pictured is the girlfriends and my hippie mom.
Awsome looking family and the sincere smiles on their faces was more than I thought possible.

Just hope evrybody was well fed and that this can be the start of things turning around for you.

Was hoping for a picture of you and the green balloon.:lol

Top Bottom