2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Not going to bitch about a developmental QB with a comp pick in the 4th.

I don't get all the hate. He has some good tools.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I really fucking hate this pick. We'll now do nothing at QB for 5-6 years because our idiot staff will convince itself that the position is set.

data

Forbes #1
31 NFL teams salivate at a developed Dak Prescott to pluck from us in 2020.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I can see us taking special interest in showcasing him in preseason and he will be the roadblock to us actually deciding to honestly address the QB position.
You can pretty much Bradie Bottle Lock that.

So fucking irritating. Welcome to the Quincy Carter/Hutch/Wright/McGee bullshit all over again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The problem is you'll never get your QB because these dumb fucks will be content with this ass wipe.
That is my real concern. At least we can put Prescott in a game and let him run around and get chunks of yards with his legs.

ESPN is fawning all over him right now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really fucking hate this pick. We'll now do nothing at QB for 5-6 years because our idiot staff will convince itself that the position is set.
That would be pretty much impossible since Dak's contract is 4 years. He won't be here past that unless he has shown something as a starter.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Not going to bitch about a developmental QB with a comp pick in the 4th.

I don't get all the hate. He has some good tools.
Because he is not the answer at QB, but the team won't think that way. We'll stay away from drafting real starting QB types in the draft for the foreseeable future because of this.

Basically, we're stuck going through the QB carousel for 4 or 5 years after Romo can't play anymore much like we were when Aikman went down.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I would rather they have taken Cardale Jones than Prescott.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
That would be pretty much impossible since Dak's contract is 4 years. He won't be here past that unless he has shown something as a starter.
So we'll lose Dak at the same time Romo retires. Guess we'll be drafting our next QB in 2020 or maybe 2025 after we try several projects first.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
31 NFL teams salivate at a developed Dak Prescott to pluck from us in 2020.
You joke but that's the shit that keeps Jerry up at night.

I'm glad we took a shot on a QB. After Cook he was probably my highest QB left but poor man's McNabb doesn't get me excited really either.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Weaknesses
Beat up this year thanks to poor protection. When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard. Not as competitive a rusher in 2015. Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll. Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers. Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply. Pocket poise has been compromised. Hyper* aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw. Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions. Must speed up the pace of his reads. Footwork is a mess. Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift. Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body. Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws. Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense. Needs to improve anticipation.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
At least we didn't take Cardale Jones. He's worse than Prescott.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So we'll lose Dak at the same time Romo retires. Guess we'll be drafting our next QB in 2020 or maybe 2025 after we try several projects first.
I expect us to draft a QB the year Romo retires. What Dak will do is prevent us from preparing ahead of time for Romo's retirement so that we can have a smooth transition. That's what I hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom