Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member

I'm willing to bet that the following two things will happen on Sunday.

1. Knowing that Norman only covers one side of the field, instead of taking advantage of it like the Steelers did, watch the Cowboys stubbornly stick Dez on Norman's side the majority of the game.

2. In the off chance that they apply some common sense and line Dez up over the weaker CB, Breeland, I suspect that they still won't look Dez's way very often.

Either way I only see Dez finishing with 20-30 yards next week. So in the grand scheme of things it really won't matter.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

1. Knowing that Norman only covers one side of the field, instead of taking advantage of it like the Steelers did, watch the Cowboys stubbornly stick Dez on Norman's side the majority of the game.

2. In the off chance that they apply some common sense and line Dez up over the weaker CB, Breeland, I suspect that they still won't look Dez's way very often.

Either way I only see Dez finishing with 20-30 yards next week. So in the grand scheme of things it really won't matter.
:lol

I shouldn't be laughing but this is likely all too true.

Nobody exploits our own matchups like our coaches.

1bigfan13

Staff member

I shouldn't be laughing but this is likely all too true.

Nobody exploits our own matchups like our coaches.
Isn't it sad that we can't trust this coaching staff to do something as simple as putting our best WR on the opponent's weakest link?

townsend

Banned
Honestly I think the team will bounce back a bit this week. Even the 2010 Cowboys had one game where they beat up Houston. The team will probably get the performance we've been looking for out of Zeke and Bryant. Dak will probably throw his first INT too.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Isn't it sad that we can't trust this coaching staff to do something as simple as putting our best WR on the opponent's weakest link?
Yes, yes it is.

You would think with the ginger bastard playing with Irvin for so long the light would go on to where he says "maybe we should get him involved like Irvin was".. but instead instead it seems like he has the mentality of saying " fuck it, let's keep sending him on go routes" instead.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yes, yes it is.

You would think with the ginger bastard playing with Irvin for so long the light would go on to where he says "maybe we should get him involved like Irvin was".. but instead instead it seems like he has the mentality of saying " fuck it, let's keep sending him on go routes" instead.
Him not carrying much of anything over from his experiences on those 90's teams is what really baffles me.

He had so many glaring examples of how to do things, what won games, the culture of the locker room, etc., and yet the guy doesn't apply any of that to how he coaches this team.

It really is amazing just how poor of a coach he is.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Redskins need more than 'hollow' yards from Kirk Cousins vs. Cowboys
8:20 AM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- The last ray of sunshine in the Dallas Cowboys' miserable 2015 season was a 19-16 win against the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field in Week 13.

The Cowboys had Matt Cassel at quarterback that day, not Tony Romo. Romo won’t be the quarterback Sunday in their return trip either, but the Cowboys have more hope at the position with rookie Dak Prescott, who will be making his second start.

Both teams are coming off Week 1 losses that sting for different reasons. The Cowboys lost a division game against the New York Giants. The Redskins were embarrassed by the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday Night Football.

Neither team wants to fall to 0-2.

Here is a scouting report from ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim:

OFFENSE

QB Kirk Cousins: He struggled in the opener and threw for a mostly hollow 329 yards. Cousins got greedy on one pass that was intercepted and misfired on a couple of red zone passes that forced Washington to settle for field goals. Cousins has looked much better than he did vs. Pittsburgh, but he absolutely must be more patient than what he showed Monday as the Steelers were content to drop seven into coverage. It’s clear the Redskins’ offense must carry a big load and that means Cousins must play better and make smart decisions the entire game.

WR DeSean Jackson: He’s hurt Dallas more than a few times since joining the Redskins in 2014. In three games, he’s caught a combined 14 passes for 322 yards and two touchdowns. The Redskins want to get him the ball down the field and can do so via play-action if they maintain a positive down and distance situation. They also will do a good job clearing out a side vs. man coverage and letting him cross the linebacker’s face, allowing him to get yards after the catch. He remains a big-time threat.

TE Jordan Reed: He’s always a threat and a main target of Cousins. But he’s never scored a touchdown vs. the Cowboys in five games. And he’s never surpassed 70 yards. Those numbers are hard to believe considering his importance in this offense. The Redskins, though, always will look to find him. The trick for Cousins is not forcing too many throws his way, but he has a penchant for winning over the middle.

DEFENSE

CB Josh Norman: The Redskins did not isolate him on Pittsburgh receiver Antonio Brown in the opener, but that wasn’t the way they planned to use him when he signed. They also have a good corner in Bashaud Breeland, who has done a good job at times on Dez Bryant in the past. Both can play physical. Norman is best when he does play physical at the line so it should be a good matchup whenever he’s on Bryant.

DE Chris Baker: He’s Washington’s best defensive lineman and in a contract year. To get the deal he wants, he’ll have to make more big plays. Washington’s front seven did not handle the run well vs. Pittsburgh, partly because they didn’t get off enough blocks. Baker has the ability to do so and is adept at making plays laterally.

LB Will Compton: He’s a defensive leader and does a good job anticipating plays. But he and everyone else in the front seven must make more plays. Compton and fellow linebacker Mason Foster aren’t big inside backers so they can’t afford to get swallowed up by Dallas’ big guards. That means they’ll need help up front and to let Compton use his ability to diagnose plays to win.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Great. So I can expect another week of no points for Dez.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Great. So I can expect another week of no points for Dez.
He's just not that good.

Unless he's coming down with, and holding on to, a jump ball, then he's a very average WR. Good size, OK speed, average or worse route runner, below average separation skills, good hands.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He's just not that good.

Unless he's coming down with, and holding on to, a jump ball, then he's a very average WR. Good size, OK speed, average or worse route runner, below average separation skills, good hands.
I will disagree because our staff does nothing but hinder him. I see you never take that into account on this subject. Kind of easy to nullify him if you know what he is running.

With that being said I wouldn't have drafted him if I was able to be there for the draft. Too many questions at QB for a pick that high.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Him not carrying much of anything over from his experiences on those 90's teams is what really baffles me.

He had so many glaring examples of how to do things, what won games, the culture of the locker room, etc., and yet the guy doesn't apply any of that to how he coaches this team.

It really is amazing just how poor of a coach he is.
He actually carried a lot back from those Cowboys teams.

You don't remember the "swagger" speech from Hard Knocks? Sheesh.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's just not that good.

Is he A.J. Green or Julio Jones?

Maybe not. But he is good enough to not provide an excuse why he is targeted five times for one catch.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He's just not that good.

Don't let Jiggy hear you say this. Don't get me wrong I do not depict Bryant the way you do but he doesn't go by the script on route running. I used the term ad libbing because that's the closest description I can think of. He does rely on his athleticism to fight for the ball but he also relies on his own capabilities to try to separate regardless of the pre determined route. That is why he gets in the jumping contests.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Don't let Jiggy hear you say this. Don't get me wrong I do not depict Bryant the way you do but he doesn't go by the script on route running. I used the term ad libbing because that's the closest description I can think of. He does rely on his athleticism to fight for the ball but he also relies on his own capabilities to try to separate regardless of the pre determined route. That is why he gets in the jumping contests.

Really, this is who you choose to make a point.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Really, this is who you choose to make a point.
You deserve this because some people have made comments about Bryant over the past and you choose my one comment to dress down. Don't feel so forlorn but ask yourself about why you think my comment deserved your contrived remark that I just make up stuff. Maybe you really should stick to ignoring me.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You deserve this because some people have made comments about Bryant over the past and you choose my one comment to dress down. Don't feel so forlorn but ask yourself about why you think my comment deserved your contrived remark that I just make up stuff. Maybe you really should stick to ignoring me.
Forlorn?

Where the hell did that come from.:lol

Did you not specifically called me out in a thread I had nothing to do with?

And what do I deserve exactly?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Josh Norman insists he respects Dez Bryant, relishes matchup

BY CHAREAN WILLIAMS
cjwilliams@star-telegram.com

Dez Bryant can’t wait to see Josh Norman again, and the feeling is mutual in Washington.

“Dez, he gets going, man, and he’s a hard guy to control,” the Redskins cornerback told reporters in Washington on Wednesday. “He really is. He gets that motor going, and it’s all he wrote. He’s a physical specimen. He’s going to get the ball at its highest point. He’s a threat, man. He’s a threat. I’m going to be excited to see him again. Looking forward to it as always.”

Bryant had only two catches for 26 yards on Thanksgiving Day against Norman and the Panthers last season. But the Cowboys receiver is healthy this season after not being 100 percent for any game last season.

Norman ran to the locker room in November yelling, “Hey, they need to get Dez’s 70 mil back.”

But Norman makes it clear he respects Bryant.

“We played him last year, and I’m sure he knows that, and wants to get back at it,” Norman said. “We had a few conversations about it. I’m sure he’s as anxious as we are. We don’t look at it as any type of disrespect. We look at it as respect knowing that two dogs are going to see each other. Not just two individuals, but Washington Redskins versus the Dallas Cowboys, and a bunch of individuals on those teams that have those matchups. But we’re just coming out there trying to win for our team. That’s the biggest thing. We have fun within the game, but we want to come out victorious, and that’s what we’re trying to do each and every Sunday.”

Bryant signed a five-year, $70 million deal with the Cowboys before last season. Norman signed a five-year, $75 million deal with the Redskins in the offseason after the Panthers pulled the franchise tag.

Washington chose not to have Norman shadow Steelers receiver Antonio Brown on Monday night, and Brown caught nine passes for 126 yards and two touchdowns.

“I think Antonio and Ben [Roethlisberger] had obviously a big game, and a lot of the catches (eight) were on Breeland,” Redskins coach Jay Gruden said on the conference call with Dallas reporters. “But we feel really good about our two corners no matter who’s on who really, and that’s the faith and confidence we have in both those two players.

“Obviously, Josh is a premier corner in this league. He’s Pro Bowl and All-Pro. Breeland, we feel like is an up-and-coming corner with a lot of skill and a lot of talent. He’s covered Odell [Beckham]. He’s covered Dez before. He’s covered all these players before Josh got here. We’re not going to lose any confidence in Breeland. We’re going to continue to do things the way we’ve been doing.”

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
“Dez, he gets going, man, and he’s a hard guy to control,” the Redskins cornerback told reporters in Washington on Wednesday. “He really is. He gets that motor going, and it’s all he wrote. He’s a physical specimen. He’s going to get the ball at its highest point. He’s a threat, man. He’s a threat. I’m going to be excited to see him again. Looking forward to it as always.”
Ah, bullshit.

I just bet he's looking forward to getting a tickle from Bryant like he gave to Beckham before the game Sunday.

I am sorry, but I can't relate to how these athletes relate to each other anymore. Nobody gives a shit.

Tell ya what dawg, just let me catch a few passes so everyone gets off my ass
or I just need a pick, my shoe endorsement is threatening to drop me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom