Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Redskins | Week 2 | 09-18-16

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That slide on third down when the play broke down was very heads up. Even Romo has been known to throw the ball away in that situation
Yep, kept that clock moving.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That slide on third down when the play broke down was very heads up. Even Romo has been known to throw the ball away in that situation
That play was great because not only did he protect the football, he also forced them to use their last timeout.

Amazing how much poise he has.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Because Gruden and his fat face like to stomp around and act like he invented football.
Those back to back fades he called after the Zeke fumble were really dumb.

data

Forbes #1
Tavon Austin may have had 9 TDs last year, but no way worth his contract and draft slot. I'd have let him leave in free agency after the season

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Weird how Jeff Fisher teams look so average most of the fine but find a way to give the Arizona's and Seattle's of the world a hard time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, and fuck Wilcox for trying to catch the hail mary. Could have easily knocked it back into play. You bat that shit down.
Eh, he was on the back line of the endzone at that point. Batting it down only puts the ball back in play and gives them a chance. I guess he could have batted it out of bounds instead of batting it down but that seems like it's asking a lot and risking a lot if he does it wrong.

Cotton

Staff member
Eh, he was on the back line of the endzone at that point. Batting it down only puts the ball back in play and gives them a chance. I guess he could have batted it out of bounds instead of batting it down but that seems like it's asking a lot and risking a lot if he does it wrong.
So trying to catch it and risking knocking it up in the air is better than knocking it to the ground? I think not.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What is wrong with Sean Lee?

He made a nice play on that 3rd down before the 2 min awarding, but he looks awful through 2 weeks.

He looks lost half the time and some of the angles he's taking are that of a 5th round rookie, not a guy who has pro bowl ability.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That play was great because not only did he protect the football, he also forced them to use their last timeout.

Amazing how much poise he has.
Plus he didn't take a hit running it for an extra yard or two that would have only risked causing a turnover.

By the way, if we did what Gruden did with his goal line play calls I would have been livid. Talk about going to the same well that wasn't working at all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So trying to catch it and risking knocking it up in the air is better than knocking it to the ground? I think not.
Catch it, don't knock it up. It's not rocket science. And if it had gone upward it would have been 5 yards past the back of the endzone. The only way it ends badly is by knocking it down and back into play.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We just don't have very bright players.

I've seen plenty of players in that same situation understanding where they were on the field and allowing the ball to go over their head and out of the endzone.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Plus he didn't take a hit running it for an extra yard or two that would have only risked causing a turnover.

By the way, if we did what Gruden did with his goal line play calls I would have been livid. Talk about going to the same well that wasn't working at all.
Yup.

Not running it all didn't make much sense since they had a decent average.

The fade didn't work once today so I don't know why they insisted on running it so much.

Cotton

Staff member
We just don't have very bright players.

I've seen plenty of players in that same situation understanding where they were on the field and allowing the ball to go over their head and out of the endzone.
Yeah, best case is you just let it fly out of bounds. But, if you just feel you HAVE to go touch the ball, then bat it down. Don't be a moron and try to catch it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is wrong with Sean Lee?

He made a nice play on that 3rd down before the 2 min awarding, but he looks awful through 2 weeks.

He looks lost half the time and some of the angles he's taking are that of a 5th round rookie, not a guy who has pro bowl ability.
I wonder if maybe his legs aren't what they used to be. It's causing his timing to be off and causing him to not be able to change directions like he used to.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Now if Dak can get the TD's flowing through the air then that'll be great.

Top Bottom