2015 Season | Super Bowl L | Carolina Panthers vs Denver Bronces | 2/7/2016

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Pittsburgh found a way to win with their injuries. Houston as well. Almost all of our losses were close. So close that with just a little coaching and gameplanning they should have won a few of those.
Hell, NE won with 3rd string offensive lineman. The injury excuse doesn't fly.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Pittsburgh found a way to win with their injuries. Houston as well. Almost all of our losses were close. So close that with just a little coaching and gameplanning they should have won a few of those.
Pittsburgh beat a damn good Cardinals team in a game in where they fielded both Michael Vick and Landry Jones at QB, meanwhile we couldn't beat the likes of Atlanta, NYG, New Orleans, and Philly without Romo.

I don't know how people can continue to argue against this being an indictment on Garrett's ability, or lack thereof, as a coach.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Pittsburgh beat a damn good Cardinals team in a game in where they fielded both Michael Vick and Landry Jones at QB, meanwhile we couldn't beat the likes of Atlanta, NYG, New Orleans, and Philly without Romo.

I don't know how people can continue to argue against this being an indictment on Garrett's ability, or lack thereof, as a coach.
It's not like it's a lot of people. It's just Schmitty and Hostile.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm not Schmitty so I'm not gonna have the same argument over and over and over, but I stand by my comments.

He was immense in these playoffs and was unstoppable. He was just OK in the regular season but turned into 2008 Demarcus Ware in the playoffs.

But that doesn't change the facts that he didn't make many game-winning plays or crunch time sacks with us. That is hard to accept for some, but it's true.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'm not Schmitty so I'm not gonna have the same argument over and over and over, but I stand by my comments.

He was immense in these playoffs and was unstoppable. He was just OK in the regular season but turned into 2008 Demarcus Ware in the playoffs.

But that doesn't change the facts that he didn't make many game-winning plays or crunch time sacks with us. That is hard to accept for some, but it's true.

He was to Von Miller what Anthony Spencer was supposed to be to him. Miller was the star, and Ware was the guy you couldn't just ignore while focusing on Miller. Spencer was a fucking tragedy as a pass rusher and so was everyone not named Ware on the Dallas defense except that one year Ellis was good.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I never said it wasn't an indictment. I just don't think it's a fireable indictment. I would agree Garrett didn't do as well this year as he did last year, but you can't pretend like injuries didn't cause chaos and unpredictability. And if you are being honest there are coaches who have gotten extra chances because of injuries, especially to their QB.

If the backslide continues with another year out of the playoffs with a mostly healthy team I'll be right with you in looking for a replacement next year.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He was to Von Miller what Anthony Spencer was supposed to be to him. Miller was the star, and Ware was the guy you couldn't just ignore while focusing on Miller. Spencer was a fucking tragedy as a pass rusher and so was everyone not named Ware on the Dallas defense except that one year Ellis was good.
Maybe, but Spencer on the other hand actually did have game-winning/game-saving plays under his belt as a Cowboy.

The 2009 pick vs Washington in a 7-6 victory, the 2011 strip sack of Grossman on MNF to end the game, and a strip sack of Stafford in the playoffs last year that Lawrence picked up and fumbled.

See? Without even much thought, I can remember those plays because they stood out. When I use to have these discussions about Ware in the past, I'd ask you guys to name me a play like that Ware made for us and nobody could....and yet I was still told I was wrong.

Oh well, it doesn't matter because he's not here anymore. I'm happy for him that he got a ring and I hope he rubs it in the Jones' faces.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned

It's actually not true and the stats were posted refuting this.

But whatever.

Cotton

Staff member

Daaaaaamn.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Daaaaaamn.
Its so true though.

Cotton

Staff member