Eatman: Even When Zeke Returns, Cowboys Must Find Role For Morris

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The solution is simple, trade McFadden if you can, if not keep 4 RB's. The only thing that can throw a wrench into this perfectly reasonable conclusion is keeping Dunbar for no good reason.

The only possible reason I could see for keeping Dunbar would be because he's a core ST'er, but even so the guy hasn't done anything on a football field in about 10 months.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I haven't given up on this yesr like you. I think this defense could be seevicable with the right running game. But I lole Jackson. He might not be special bit his size and speed aren't ordinary. He is a 220+ pound back that runs like Dunbar and catches well. To me that is worth developing. It's hard to get a feel for what he can do as a runner from his opportunities so far but I prefer that potential to McFadden who I know what he can do.

We are talking about a third stringer. In a third stringer I bet on potential and youth over age and experience. Especially if the veteran has trade potential and an injury history.
I didn't mean to imply I've given up on this season, I haven't. I just think the defense, while it may have some potential, is an unknown. It has been this team's Achilles heel for over five years, average at best in that time. It's played great at times but not consistently, partly due to injuries and partly due to a lack of quality depth. Regardless, I don't see the next coming of Doomsday with this unit although I would be happy to be incorrect.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't mean to imply I've given up on this season, I haven't. I just think the defense, while it may have some potential, is an unknown. It has been this team's Achilles heel for over five years, average at best in that time. It's played great at times but not consistently, partly due to injuries and partly due to a lack of quality depth. Regardless, I don't see the next coming of Doomsday with this unit although I would be happy to be incorrect.
I don't see Doomsday but I could see a between 10-15 defense if everything comes together. Which with what looks like an elite offense I think we can go far.

Of course injuries hit and that all goes to shit. Although I'm starting to feel better if Romo misses a couple games.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is why Zeke isn't going to be a 1500+ guy. If you are true to your talent and understand football you just can't not play Morris and McFadden in healthy doses.

Keep all three backs running hard and angry and you'll have the best chance to still be dominant in January.

Top Bottom