2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A massively corrupt university system, your generation stripping trade education to the bone, and the fact that they were indoctrinated from kindergarten on that college was the only way to have "a future".
Just wait until everyone starts defaulting on the government backed loans.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We're talking about politics and the economy, not your bullshit philosophy. The nonsense you're spewing would make just as much sense directed at anyone regardless of what country they were in or what government they were under.
You included your generation in this as well as mine so don't complain about the topic.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A massively corrupt university system, your generation stripping trade education to the bone, and the fact that they were indoctrinated from kindergarten on that college was the only way to have "a future".
It's funny when people talk about not being able to afford college. That's only sort of true. Everyone is able to go to college. Because everyone is able to get a government backed unsecured student loan. But the ripple effect of the government making regulations like that is that you have colleges becoming corrupt as anywhere. They let students in who don't belong, charge way more then they should and spend way too much money. The reason they are able to get away with it is because the government is handing out basically blank checks. People go to college and get worthless degrees that will take them nowhere because they aren't actually paying for that education.

A free education system sure as hell isn't a solution to any of this.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's funny when people talk about not being able to afford college. That's only sort of true. Everyone is able to go to college. Because everyone is able to get a government backed unsecured student loan. But the ripple effect of the government making regulations like that is that you have colleges becoming corrupt as anywhere. They let students in who don't belong, charge way more then they should and spend way too much money. The reason they are able to get away with it is because the government is handing out basically blank checks. People go to college and get worthless degrees that will take them nowhere because they aren't actually paying for that education.

It is one o f the most abused programs around.

townsend

Banned

I think we need to create funding for specific career tracks. Gov't can pay for degrees that actually contribute to the economy, no underwater basket weavers.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think we need to create funding for specific career tracks. Gov't can pay for degrees that actually contribute to the economy, no underwater basket weavers.
The loans are way to easy to get and the controls are completely inadequate. Uncle Sam is truly a sugar daddy with this program.

townsend

Banned
The loans are way to easy to get and the controls are completely inadequate. Uncle Sam is truly a sugar daddy with this program.
More like a loan shark. You pretty much need to die to be released from student debt.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No offense to you but I've known some 60+ year olds that go to college. I don't want to sound insensitive but why in the hell is someone that age going to college. It's just not worth the investment.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
More like a loan shark. You pretty much need to die to be released from student debt.
Or you go 20 years under the income based repayment plan. The rates are disgusting though. There is no way in hell people should be paying 7 or 8 percent on a student loan.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We differ in our understanding of a loan shark. There is no repercussions for not repaying student loans for the most part. Secondly, the sugar daddy will allow for more borrowings even though there is outstanding debt.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No offense to you but I've known some 60+ year olds that go to college. I don't want to sound insensitive but why in the hell is someone that age going to college. It's just not worth the investment.
I am not offended. I can only imagine they are trying to fulfill a desire they were unable to accomplish in their earlier life. I don't have a problem with that if they are diligent to repay any loans they took out to do it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Or you go 20 years under the income based repayment plan. The rates are disgusting though. There is no way in hell people should be paying 7 or 8 percent on a student loan.
There may or may not be a market floating rate program and if there is they shouldn't be paying those rates but if you get a fixed rate and have a 10 to 20 year payout plan then I understand it.

D

Deuce

We differ in our understanding of a loan shark. There is no repercussions for not repaying student loans for the most part. Secondly, the sugar daddy will allow for more borrowings even though there is outstanding debt.
Garnishing your wages and seizing your tax returns are enough of a repercussion to me.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Garnishing your wages and seizing your tax returns are enough of a repercussion to me.
That's a remedy that is in the contract one executes and agrees to and can only be done when they are in default of the contractual terms. It doesn't happen to borrowers who are performing in accordance to the terms they agreed to.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'd rather walk with crutches for a few months and still pay my bills than fall short on my bills for years while the government takes what they believe they deserve.
The government only deserves what you owe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom