Dak Prescott Postgame Transcript

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT YOUR OFFENSE GETTING IT TOGETHER IN THE SECOND HALF? -- "Because we knew we were going to wear them down. We're a physical team. We believe in our physicality, not really blinking, not really flinching, don't really pay attention to the score and just focus one play at a time and keep forward and know things will break for us."

WHAT'S YOUR MINDSET ON FIRST-AND-30? -- "Just try to get some of it back, just get something going. First-and-30, we kind of did last week against Pittsburgh. So, we never really worry about it. We just focus on this play. Everybody do their job and when we do things like that, we go and score."

HOW BIG WAS THAT DRIVE TO GET YOU ON TRACK? -- "It was huge. It was a big part of the game. They had just scored the drive before, so it was big for us."

DO YOU HAVE TO TRAIN YOURSELF TO JUST GET A LITTLE CHUNK HERE? -- "Might actually be easier at that point. You know they're not going to give you a one-shot, 30-yard play. So, it's kind of easier knowing to just check it down, get some of it back, and get the guys a run, and they did that."

WHAT GOT YOU HOT GOING 14/15 AT THE END OF THE GAME? -- "I just worry about the one play. I didn't know I was 14/15. I didn't know probably how many incompletions I threw earlier in the game. I knew it was a good bit and I wasn't throwing as quick as I wanted to or had the greatest to start. I don't worry about that. I just keep focusing on the next play, the next call, and believing in the guy around me to make the plays and make the blocks. And when they do that, things can get fun."

WALK US THROUGH THE SECOND TD TO DEZ -- "The second touchdown to Dez, they just brought the safety. And that's just kind of the sight adjustment. We got the safety on the three by one when he comes, Dez broke off of it and Dez did the rest."

WHAT KIND OF PROBLEMS DID BALTIMORE'S DEFENSE PRESENT EARLY? -- "I always say it was more of us. They were physical. They definitely were. I give them the credit for that. They came to work throughout the whole game. But they came out hot. They came out with the energy early in the game and shut our run game down a little bit. But that's why I say we believe in our physicality and we stayed at it and wore them down."

HOW HARD WAS IT THOSE FIRST FOUR DRIVES TO KEEP THE FOCUS? -- "It's a team game. You realize your defense is stepping up and making plays for you, stopping their offense and give you a chance over and over. You don't really worry about those last three drives or those last four drives you didn't score. You realize that you got the ball and you got a chance to tie it up and that's what you do because you realize the defense is holding their end."

WHAT DOES THE 9-GAME WINNING STREAK MEAN TO YOU? -- "It means we got a great team that believes in ourselves. We're not going to flinch. We're not going to blink. We've been in some tough games throughout this season. And that no matter if we're down or if we're up, we just keep playing and we take it one play at a time and we just believe in each other."

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO EXECUTE 90-YARD TD DRIVES AND WHAT'S THE EFFECT ON THE OPPONENT? -- "I think they asked me earlier in this week what I'd have to do against this defense. And it was kind of be patient. They're going to sit back and make me throw underneath. And it shows, I guess, my patience, the whole offense's patience taking what they give us, breaking tackles, and that's what guys did when I threw it underneath, 3-yard pass and those guys go and do the rest and make it 10's and first downs. It's just believing in yourself, as I said. Believing in each other that those plays are going to hit. They're short early but they break it again longer late."

WHEN DO YOU KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT? -- "Before the game starts I know we're going to figure things out. The game plan that we got going into there and the adjustments we've made all season long. There's no worry in us not figuring things out. We just simply come to the sideline. We've got great coaches that get together, figure out what we need to do, and then relate it and then we go out there and try to execute it the best we can."

DID THIS WEEK FEEL DIFFERENT BECAUSE OF ROMO'S SPEECH? -- "I addressed that right after his speech that that day, this week, two weeks ago is no different for me. It's just trying to go in and make the most of this opportunity I have helping my team win each and every game. It's every day as well."

HOW WAS IT DIFFERENT WITH HIM ON THE SIDELINES SUITED UP? -- "It's really no different. He was as helpful as always is, giving me feedback, helping me out, telling me things we may need to do here and there. So, I mean, the only thing is he's in uniform. He was great help as he's been all year."

IS IT GOING TO BE NICE TO NOT HAVE TO ANSWER ROMO QUESTIONS GOING FORWARD? -- "I'm sure y'all will figure a way to ask me those."

HOW TOUGH IS IT TO COME BACK IN FOUR DAYS TO PLAY AN NFC EAST OPPONENT THAT'S GOOD? -- "I'm excited about it. That's nothing I've ever done before to respond this quick and have to play another game. But I love ball. I love these games. So, I'm excited for it. I'm looking forward to it."

WHAT'S IMPRESSED YOU ABOUT THIS 9-GAME WIN STREAK? -- "Just the relationships that we have among each other. Pretty much off the field as much as on the field is you got receivers hanging out with defensive linemen going to dinner and then that happens with everybody with every position group. That doesn't really matter. It's just good friendship and good bonds. We're all brothers that have the same goal in common to win."

WHAT CHANGED TO WHERE YOU DIDN'T MISS THROWS LATE IN THE GAME? -- "We figured out a little bit of what they were doing. We schemed them up as I said, credit to those great coaches that we have on the sideline. Coach Linehan getting together with the rest of the coaches and figuring out what we needed to do. We did that. As I said, the offensive line did what they always do: wear out the defensive line. And the receivers got open and made it easier for me."

WHERE WERE YOU GOING WHEN #91 DRILLED YOU IN THE BACK? -- "I'm not sure. I don't remember. I don't know if a #91 hit me on an exact play. I'm not sure."

WHAT ABOUT THE SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP YOU BUILT WITH COLE BEASLEY? -- "Cole Beasley is great. He's a great friend off the field and he's a hell of a player on the field. He doesn't give up. He keeps fighting and that's a good example on the touchdown. The guy had him hemmed up, the guy had outside leverage on him, and Cole finds a way to give me a little space and makes a great catch for a touchdown."

WHAT ABOUT THAT HIT YOU TOOK ON THE BEASLEY TOUCHDOWN? -- "It was a tough one. He drove me into the ground. He could have let up, but he didn't. But it was all right."

TALK ABOUT WHAT DEZ BRYANT HAS GONE THROUGH THIS WEEK -- "Yeah. Just so much respect to Dez. I love Dez as a person. He's a brother. And just as you said, just see what he's been through in the last week, the Pittsburgh game, to coming back and practicing this week and attending the funeral and then coming right back today and having the great day he did. He's honoring his day the right way."

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET READY TO PLAY TWO GAMES IN A WEEK? -- "Just follow the schedule. We have a great coaching staff, a great operation. They set it up and I just follow the schedule like I'm supposed to."

lostxn

DCC 4Life
You know when he answers questions, I don't get the feeling that he's just giving you the answer he's supposed to (unlike Romo who's a bit more reflective but had to learn not to stray from the script). I think he's just simply all business. He is completely on the same page as Garrett. One play at a time, one game at a time. The future is bright...

townsend

Banned
One of my favorite momentsof the game was when I saw Dak throw his Gatorade cup at the trash can, miss, and then roll his eyes before he got off the bench picked it up, and threw it away. I like that our QB isn't a litter bug.

data

Forbes #1
One of my favorite momentsof the game was when I saw Dak throw his Gatorade cup at the trash can, miss, and then roll his eyes before he got off the bench picked it up, and threw it away. I like that our QB isn't a litter bug.
Romo took a homeless guy to the movies. Dak's good, but Romo's better. Jus sayin.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Romo took a homeless guy to the movies. Dak's good, but Romo's better. Jus sayin.
Yeah but the homeless guy had to blow him afterwards...Tony had expectations for the date ya know...

data

Forbes #1
Yeah but the homeless guy had to blow him afterwards...Tony had expectations for the date ya know...
:lol WTF

Here I was, having a nice, distinguished conversation about a precious moment taking your son to his first Cowboys game. What a dad. What a role model. Then...this.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is absolutely what proves that Dak is just an all around good person. You know what he says is genuine. He had no idea the camera was on him when he did this. He did it because it was the right thing to do. I think you see that reflected on the field and in his work ethic.

Rayman

Brand New Member
Romo once helped stranded motorists change a tire. It was after the game where he got his chin busted open if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom