Archive - Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Apparently Murray thinks he still is in Dallas if he's running to the owner.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This is a win-win as far as I'm concerned.

First, it's great that he's having a miserable season with a miserable team. I hope that he regrets the decision to chase the money every single day. He'll be lucky to get more than 5 touches a week from here on out. :laff

Second, there is no way they keep him at his salary next season. That means they're gonna ask him to restructure or take a pay cut which he'll surely decline since he's unhappy. They'll be forced to cut him and he can return to Dallas for about 3 mill a season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is a win-win as far as I'm concerned.

First, it's great that he's having a miserable season with a miserable team. I hope that he regrets the decision to chase the money every single day. He'll be lucky to get more than 5 touches a week from here on out. :laff

Second, there is no way they keep him at his salary next season. That means they're gonna ask him to restructure or take a pay cut which he'll surely decline since he's unhappy. They'll be forced to cut him and he can return to Dallas for about 3 mill a season.
First off, fuck Murray.

But if he can help us, I would bring him back. I'd be real careful though not to count on him to regain his old form. It's easy to say the Eagles offense is the problem but there is also the possibility that Murray has hit the wall that all RB's hit after a season with a shit ton of carries. The guy may just be done. You can't rely on him as your only option at RB. Also not sure I'd waste 3 mil on a guy averaging 3.5 ypc.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

They can't cut him until I think 2017 at the earliest, because the cap hit is prohibitive. They might relegate him to a backup next year, but it's much more expensive for them to cut him next year than keep him.

Genghis Khan

First off, fuck Murray.

But if he can help us, I would bring him back. I'd be real careful though not to count on him to regain his old form. It's easy to say the Eagles offense is the problem but there is also the possibility that Murray has hit the wall that all RB's hit after a season with a shit ton of carries. The guy may just be done. You can't rely on him as your only option at RB. Also not sure I'd waste 3 mil on a guy averaging 3.5 ypc.
It may be both decline and scheme.

I wouldn't touch him though. An aging, declining RB is a poor investment.

Why go after Murray when we could go after a fresh RB in his prime?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't see how you can say he's declining, though.

I don't see a slow RB or one who lacks strength when I watch him play. I see a guy who is getting hit behind the LOS a ton. When he isn't getting hit for a loss, he's being asked to run sideways out of the shotgun.

I think he would come in today and look good running for us. if you were concerned about the effects his workload would have him, than this year balances it out since he's been used very sparingly.

I'd gladly welcome him back with open arms.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't see how you can say he's declining, though.

I don't see a slow RB or one who lacks strength when I watch him play. I see a guy who is getting hit behind the LOS a ton. When he isn't getting hit for a loss, he's being asked to run sideways out of the shotgun.

I think he would come in today and look good running for us. if you were concerned about the effects his workload would have him, than this year balances it out since he's been used very sparingly.

I'd gladly welcome him back with open arms.
A sensible man.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's not really how it works though. I don't think you can use and abuse a RB for over 400 carries in a season and let him take a year off to repair that damage. Once a RB is done, he is just that, done.

I've seen Murray go down this season a lot easier then he ever did in the past. I get the tendancy to cling to him because of what he did in Dallas but 3.5 ypc and like 500 yards has to be more then just the offense.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's not really how it works though. I don't think you can use and abuse a RB for over 400 carries in a season and let him take a year off to repair that damage. Once a RB is done, he is just that, done.

I've seen Murray go down this season a lot easier then he ever did in the past. I get the tendancy to cling to him because of what he did in Dallas but 3.5 ypc and like 500 yards has to be more then just the offense.
It's the same scenario as Adrian Petersen. He was off a year and as far as I can tell he is still an effective runner.

Genghis Khan

Correct.

Sure, the bad scheme fit is a component, but he's clearly not the same player either.

And like I said, for cap reasons he won't be available anyway.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

It's the same scenario as Adrian Petersen. He was off a year and as far as I can tell he is still an effective runner.
Peterson never had a year anywhere near as bad as Murray is having this year.

Genghis Khan

Here's the specifics:

Murray will cost the eagles 8 million against the cap next year. However, if he's cut he'll cost 13 million.

So he's not getting cut.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Peterson never had a year anywhere near as bad as Murray is having this year.
Peterson was never asked to do something that he isnt suited to do, either.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Peterson has never had 400 carries that I'm aware of. He has never had a season averaging 3.5 yard per carry while actually playing most of the season. So Peterson really isn't the same scenario at all. He has never needed a year of no carries to get back to his old self as was sort of suggested.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Peterson has never had 400 carries that I'm aware of. He has never had a season averaging 3.5 yard per carry while actually playing most of the season. So Peterson really isn't the same scenario at all. He has never needed a year of no carries to get back to his old self as was sort of suggested.
Murray had one season with that workload. It didn't ruin him. Most agree he is just not being used correctly.

Top Bottom