boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Texans, Eagles, Cowboys might be interested in RGIII

By Conor Orr
Around The NFL Writer
Published: Dec. 20, 2015 at 11:29 a.m.
Updated: Dec. 20, 2015 at 11:44 a.m.

Washington has made it clear that it is finished with Robert Griffin III, but that does not mean the rest of the NFL is. As he continues to heal, rebuilding his body back to the level he had it during a healthy 2012 season, many are wondering who will step up and take a chance on the former rookie of the year.

Per NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, that list includes the Eagles, the Cowboys, the Texans and the Saints, or wherever current Saints head coach Sean Payton lands. Assuming Washington takes trade calls, or simply wiggles out of his 2016 option -- which is guaranteed for injury only -- and releases him, Griffin will be able to escape a toxic situation and start his career over again.

The Eagles make perfect sense. Head coach Chip Kelly will tell anyone listening that the only way to get a top-tier quarterback outside of the draft in this league is to capitalize on an injury and move in. It's what he did with Sam Bradford this season in an experiment that has yet to completely play out. It's what Payton did with Brees and the Broncos did with Peyton Manning. Griffin's movement skills would also bring a little more liveliness to Kelly's offense. His injury history would be less concerning than Bradford's, though not by much.

The Texans also make sense. Bill O'Brien is great with young quarterbacks and he could bring Griffin back to Texas and away from a media spotlight that set Griffin up to fail from the beginning. In Houston, he will have a chance and the opportunity to work with one of the best young wideouts in football, DeAndre Hopkins.

The Cowboys and Payton are a different matter altogether. If Payton decides to move on from New Orleans, he'll be looking to pull off a similar coup to the Brees trade and start fresh. Or, he'd just be looking for a suitable backup for Brees that could be groomed into a potential replacement.

Jerry Jones has always liked dual threat quarterbacks, and if he doesn't make a push to secure Johnny Manziel as Tony Romo's backup, perhaps Griffin is the answer. Jones himself admitted to being "too cute" when stacking Romo's backups on the depth chart. A move for Griffin would show he's not fooling around.

As disastrous as Griffin's tailspin was in Washington, that's not the final chapter. There are 31 other NFL head coaches, and probably half of them have a good idea of how to use Griffin to their advantage.
-------------

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
God please no.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yep might as well get ready for it :budd

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My biggest fucking fear.

"Well, I'm a fan of RGIII. Right on this field two years ago, or maybe it was three seasons ago, he put on a show and had a game that just floored me. And they won, and they won in large part because of his play at quarterback. I thought 'my goodness, and we're going to have to be playing this guy for years and years.' And so he's got it.
Once you see a player do it, especially if you see him do it two or three times, you know he can do it. And of course he's a driven young man. I'm a big admirer of RGIII."

Cotton

Staff member
God damn you, skid.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My God, he's been saving these disgusting gifs.

What's next? Goatse?

Anyways...

Laugh at him.

Laugh at him and his crockpot ribs that he allowed to happen.

Laugh I say!

Cotton

Staff member
Someone fucking make him stop! I HAVENT EATEN LUNCH YET!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Someone fucking make him stop! I HAVENT EATEN LUNCH YET!
He is taking out his rib frustration on us.

Just ignore him.

Eventually he will have to eat his sogged out Mother In Law ribs and like it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Some lurker that doesn't post much is opening up this thread and is just like freaking out right now.

Cotton

Staff member
Some lurker that doesn't post much is opening up this thread and is just like freaking out right now.
Especially when they look and see that he is an admin. They will have to double-check the URL.

Top Bottom