Ravens Stuff...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I just looked at the stats, I was a bit surprised to see Dallas listed number 2 in run defense. Pretty crazy really, although I think a big part of that is that our opponents are playing from behind and can't really ever stick with the run.
Of course it is.

The two top-20 rushers Dallas has faced and Darren Sproles all averaged 4.9 a carry.

Nothing to see here. If we face a balanced offense at all, Dak, Zeke and the OL have to carry the day.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dez now questionable with a back issue.

townsend

Banned
Of course it is.

The two top-20 rushers Dallas has faced and Darren Sproles all averaged 4.9 a carry.

Nothing to see here. If we face a balanced offense at all, Dak, Zeke and the OL have to carry the day.
We held Bell to 3.4 ypc. Lacy to 3.8. Both well below their averages.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We held Bell to 3.4 ypc. Lacy to 3.8. Both well below their averages.
Bell has been held under 4 a carry a lot this season. Lacy was effective early until the score took him out of the game. He was also hurt.

Let's not pretend our run defense is going to lead the way. Hell, our run defense wasn't even that great in the 1990's vs balanced teams.

For both teams if the offense isn't getting it done, the run defense would/will buckle.

We need to strengthen the interior for sure.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Bell has been held under 4 a carry a lot this season. Lacy was effective early until the score took him out of the game. He was also hurt.

Let's not pretend our run defense is going to lead the way. Hell, our run defense wasn't even that great in the 1990's vs balanced teams.

For both teams if the offense isn't getting it done, the run defense would/will buckle.

We need to strengthen the interior for sure.
Yep. The longer the offense can keep the defense off the field the better. That's a truism for any time and place in the game of football.

Top Bottom