User Tag List

Page 67 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by DLK150 View Post
    Technically, I don't have my mouth open because I'm typing but...Okey Dokey then.
    You sure you don't word them as you type...?
    @Rev supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Angrymesscan View Post
    You sure you don't word them as you type...?
    Yep, I read the dictionary when I was a kid. I have become a bit of an internet grammar and spelling Nazi over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by DLK150 View Post
    Yep, I read the dictionary when I was a kid. I have become a bit of an internet grammar and spelling Nazi over the years.
    Please don't tell me how it ends I'm up to Vesuvius, don't spoil it for me.
    @Rev supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Angrymesscan View Post
    Please don't tell me how it ends I'm up to Vesuvius, don't spoil it for me.
    Vet is next. Sorry, sorry, I felt compelled.

Spider Y2 Bannana... SOON midswat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    So true. I'd completely forgot the circumstances surrounding Alvin Harper's long catch and run. I remember it being a big play which essentially sealed the game, but I'd forgotten those little details.

It was the very first play of the drive following the 49ers TD which had cut the lead to 4. Cowboys were on their own 20 and needed at least 2 first downs to put the game away. San Fran had all the momentum and Candlestick was rocking.

Conventional wisdom would say play it a bit safe and work the clock with Emmitt and the great OL, but Troy and the 'Boys came out slinging it through the air. I think that probably caught the 49ers off-guard.
    One of the many shows that talked about that game, Norv Turner was saying before the start of the drive, he had been on the radio with Jimmy and asked basically how Jimmy wanted that drive handled - conservative and eat the clock or stay aggressive. Jimmys only response was "I want to score."

Hence the first down pass and the rest is history. Absolute greatness.

Less than a week before rooks report for TC, a week for veterans. Four weeks until the first preseason game on NFLN. I'm jonesing for some football to the point of watching game replays of teams I don't even like.

Tick, tock, tick tock.

Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    One of the many shows that talked about that game, Norv Turner was saying before the start of the drive, he had been on the radio with Jimmy and asked basically how Jimmy wanted that drive handled - conservative and eat the clock or stay aggressive. Jimmys only response was "I want to score."

Hence the first down pass and the rest is history. Absolute greatness.
    That's my style of football. When you have the ball you try to score. Bury your opponent.
    Since Day One

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    That's my style of football. When you have the ball you try to score. Bury your opponent.
    I agree, but there are other factors involved in decision making. You have to understand the personnel you have and play to it. Like when you're up by 19 or whatever going into the second half of a game and you run the ball 7 times in the second half. Yes, step on their throats, balance it with smart play calling.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I agree, but there are other factors involved in decision making. You have to understand the personnel you have and play to it. Like when you're up by 19 or whatever going into the second half of a game and you run the ball 7 times in the second half. Yes, step on their throats, balance it with smart play calling.
    You always play to your strengths and never get predictable. Above all if you have the game in tow you never play a prevent defensive game. That almost ensures your opponent an opportunity to score.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I like a coach with killer instinct. Go out there and put them away. The problem is Romo was always streaky, when he was great he was unstoppable. But it was like we were always waiting for him to throw a pick six.