User Tag List

Page 115 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1203

Thread: 2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    - Drunk drivers who've committed vehicular manslaughter
    - Drug abusers
    - Accused rapists
    - Domestic abusers
    - Assault and battery
    - Thieves

When you run down the extremely long list of things Cowboys players have done to embarrass the franchise and directly hurt the team, it seems silly that this is the issue that Jerry decides to take a moral stand.

I don't even know if it's about the money. To my knowledge the teams with players who are kneeling aren't losing major sponsors.
    Teh Jer knows that this team has far more backwoods shit kickers than any other. Smart business.

You forgot drug traffickers (Hurd, Newton), Hit & Runners (Goodrich) and Irvin Scissorhands

Yep, this isn't about personal morals for Jerry. This is about not pissing off fans.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Our third quarters have not been great offensively, but I think they have more to do with the fact that the opposition has been receiving the half time kickoffs, and then our defenses haven't been able to get off the field. We've had like one possession in the third quarter a couple times now.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Our third quarters have not been great offensively, but I think they have more to do with the fact that the opposition has been receiving the half time kickoffs, and then our defenses haven't been able to get off the field. We've had like one possession in the third quarter a couple times now.
    One thing I'd like to see is us stopping receiving the ball when we win the coin toss.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    One thing I'd like to see is us stopping receiving the ball when we win the coin toss.
    I absolutely fucking hate it.

I heard the Packers won the toss and chose to defer, so there's that, but IMO that is the biggest single reason we lost the game.

You're up 21-6, but the Packers have the opportunity to force only one punt but put up 3 scores themselves, before Dallas gets a legit chance at the ball again. Yes, we got the ball before halftime too, but that's an abbreviated drive. Hard to "expect" points on that drive.

It just sucks all the life out of your offense.

You can't get far enough ahead in today's NFL to bury a team early. It just doesn't happen.

It's ten times more important to take momentum out of the half than it is to take it early. I would never choose to receive the opening kickoff.

I absolutely fucking hate it.

I heard the Packers won the toss and chose to defer, so there's that, but IMO that is the biggest single reason we lost the game.

You're up 21-6, but the Packers have the opportunity to force only one punt but put up 3 scores themselves, before Dallas gets a legit chance at the ball again. Yes, we got the ball before halftime too, but that's an abbreviated drive. Hard to "expect" points on that drive.

It just sucks all the life out of your offense.

You can't get far enough ahead in today's NFL to bury a team early. It just doesn't happen.

It's ten times more important to take momentum out of the half than it is to take it early. I would never choose to receive the opening kickoff.

Yep, that was a huge problem yesterday. That possession deficit in the middle of the game can change everything.

And yet there is Garrett doing what the 1990s Cowboys teams did in that era...jump on them early and coast.

His philosophical approach is part of our problem.

We have blown two games in a row where we had a lead and you would think a commanding control of the football game.

That said, the defense is the real problem here. We feel we have to jump to a lead and just hang on for dear life.

Well, we have tried that twice and can't compete.