A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
But most transgenders have never had sex reassignment surgery. The cost for a woman is like $70,000.00 and in all honesty it doesn't sound like it is very successful (Talking about the penis, cutting boobs off isn't nearly as much trouble). Male to female surgery is far more effective but still extremely expensive.
That may be the case but it is not a case for them to access the opposite genders facilitates in my book. IF they are still in the same physical condition they were born with then they will need to utilize the facility that is designated for thier gender. Just because they wish to be different doesn't in fact make them different nor does dressing different entitle them to deceive the opposite gender and utilize these facilities.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
If they change their sex and present themselves as such then I am okay with them sharing rest room facilities with the same gender. They will obviously dress and conform to this group because that's what they want to be. They will not be conspicuously different nor try to dress differently since they will have attained their gender desires in their psychological, psysiology, and grooming. In short they will be with who they have adapted to.
That is what transgender people already do. :shrug

Jiggyfly

Banned
That may be the case but it is not a case for them to access the opposite genders facilitates in my book. IF they are still in the same physical condition they were born with then they will need to utilize the facility that is designated for thier gender. Just because they wish to be different doesn't in fact make them different nor does dressing different entitle them to deceive the opposite gender and utilize these facilities.

Physical condition?

What physical condition, not OK if they did not have the surgery?

You do know that some transgenders take hormones and look like women.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pre+op+transgender&safe=strict&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2w6mXrJHMAhVrmIMKHf4YAK8Q_AUIBigB&dpr=1#imgrc=CnIedZD37_tqCM:

would you be ok with her in the restroom with you?

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Physical condition?

What physical condition, not OK if they did not have the surgery?

You do know that some transgenders take hormones and look like women.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pre+op+transgender&safe=strict&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2w6mXrJHMAhVrmIMKHf4YAK8Q_AUIBigB&dpr=1#imgrc=CnIedZD37_tqCM:

would you be ok with her in the restroom with you?
So they take harmonies. Have they had a sex change? I cannot be any clearer than I have already been so take your little mine field photos elsewhere.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Investigation underway after pre-op transgender woman is told she can't use ladies toilet at shopping centre
08:35, 23 AUG 2013 UPDATED 09:00, 23 AUG 2013
BY DAILYRECORD.CO.UK
RIVER SONG, 18, alleged that a security guard at the St James Centre told asked her if she had a sex change and asked to see ID.

River Song at St James CentreRiver Song at St James Centre

POLICE have begun a hate crime investigation after a woman waiting for a sex change said she was barred from a ladies’ toilet.

River Song, 18, claimed a security guard at a shopping centre told her: “You are a male and always will be.”

She said she fled in tears, but the guard then followed her through the St James Centre in Edinburgh and made other comments about her.

River, who is waiting for sex change surgery, added: “At one point he said, ‘It’s got a penis’, which is so offensive.

“I have never been treated so badly and felt so humiliated.”

River said she and fiance Jake, who is also transgender, suffered abuse every day, but her ordeal at the centre was the worst of her life.

She added that she had used the ladies’ toilets at the centre for two years without problems.

Recalling how the guard stopped her outside the loos, she said: “He pulled me aside and asked if I’d had a sex change.

“I couldn’t quite believe what I was hearing but I answered him, saying no.

“He then asked me, ‘Why have you used the female bathrooms if you haven’t had a sex change?’

“He asked for my ID, which I showed him. As he glanced at it, he said, ‘This is a male. You are a male and always will be a male.’”

Police confirmed they went to the centre on Monday to investigate the allegations and said inquiries were ongoing.

A spokesman added: “Police Scotland treat all reports of hate crime seriously and work with partner agencies to provide support, advice and guidance to anyone who believes they have been a victim.”

Transgender support groups were horrified by the claims. James Morton of the Scottish Transgender Alliance said it was not the first case of its kind, and added: “Abusing a trans woman by calling her ‘it’ and demanding to know whether she has had genital surgery is unlawful harassment.”

The St James Centre refused to comment.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/investigation-underway-after-transgender-woman-2210251#t7XLYRAj3xCuDEPu.99

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

So I assume Jiggy you would be totally against the officer?

Jiggyfly

Banned
It really has, not by name but by description from some in the thread.
What description?

The overlying disagreement has been should a person go to the bathroom of the sex they were born, there has been very little in the way of descriptors.

The outlier has been people dressing as the other sex to get over, they would not be considered Transvestite.

But I am interested in what you describe the difference as being?

townsend

Banned
you would be totally against the officer?
He should be, everyone should be. Cop was a shitty person who needlessly harassed an otherwise peaceful citizen, referred to them as an it, and referenced their genitals. That's way the fuck out of line.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He should be, everyone should be. Cop was a shitty person who needlessly harassed an otherwise peaceful citizen, referred to them as an it, and referenced their genitals. That's way the fuck out of line.
I'd say he was out of line using the woman's restroom.

townsend

Banned
I'm fairly sure she wasn't violating any laws, so he was just using his (obviously undeserved) authority to harass and humiliate a harmless person. It's not like you to side with bullies that abuse their power.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That my view. It is a deceptive practice to utilize the rest room of the opposite sex. The individual is waiting for an operation and you would think that they would wait until then so no questions would arise about the issue. Besides how is the cop supposed to know that this isn't some perv.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The real question is would everyone be OK if she was a men's room.

See how this keeps going around in circles.

townsend

Banned
I think the presence of a dick as a decider is silly, if someone spilled acid in your lap, and melted your dick and balls off, you wouldn't be forced to go to the ladies room from then on. Genitals don't determine sex.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I wish that everyone that supports this would suddenly identify as a bear and use the bathroom with them from here on out.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I think the presence of a dick as a decider is silly, if someone spilled acid in your lap, and melted your dick and balls off, you wouldn't be forced to go to the ladies room from then on. Genitals don't determine sex.

That's a good point and I agree. A simple surgical procedure doesn't change gender. All males born as males should use the men's and visa versa

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm fairly sure she wasn't violating any laws, so he was just using his (obviously undeserved) authority to harass and humiliate a harmless person. It's not like you to side with bullies that abuse their power.
I have no idea what the law is where this happened in the UK. But I also think a shopping center has the right to allow or refuse use of their restroom to customers. Since this was a security guard working for the shopping center where she was wanting to use the restroom, I have no problem with them determining who can use which restroom. As a person who supports businesses ability to decide I don't think the security officer did anything wrong. I also think the preop transgender is just seeking attention because the officer didn't really do anything that outlandish and the transgender person is making a massive deal out of it.

Top Bottom