Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
So they just gave Ryan Mathews all the good plays?
Different kind of player and I knew he was a better fit from the start. Only issue with Mathews is health. Though he might measure as a "big" back, his game has always been about quickness and getting upfield into space immediately.

Murray is a power back.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
In an NFL Now interview at Super Bowl 50, Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott said, "The Dallas Cowboys [are my preferred draft destination]. I want to go play behind that great offensive line they have down in Dallas."

Get in line, Zeke. Alabama RB Derrick Henry has also indicated that he would love to be drafted by the Cowboys. Perhaps the biggest obstacle for Elliott's Cowboy dream is their draft position (barring a trade). At No. 4, it's unlikely that they reach for the 6-foot, 225-pound Buckeye, while at No. 34 (third pick in the second round), Elliott may well already be off the board. To whit, NFL Media analyst Chad Reuter's four-round draft has Dallas selecting North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz at four and Henry at 34, with Elliott heading to the Texans with the 22nd pick. Unrelated to this conjecture, Elliott indicated that he's hopeful that he'll be running the 40 in the 4.3's at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Source: NFL.com

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If Elliott runs a 4.3 away from OSU's fast track, then I don't know what to say. I already thought of him as a top ten pick. The Giants might not even get him if he blows up like that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Elliott runs a 4.3 away from OSU's fast track, then I don't know what to say. I already thought of him as a top ten pick. The Giants might not even get him if he blows up like that.
No doubt it would be impressive and I still wouldn't go anywhere near him in the top 10. I appreciate he wants to play in Dallas and I have no doubt he would be successful here. But it just doesn't make sense unless we are trading down and getting serious picks in the process.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Disappears in big games.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's not a surprise. For all the hype, Haley was not a sackmaster.

I think he did more to set a tone, display leadership, and come up big when his team needed it.

I remember a game vs. Atlanta in 1995 that had gone back and forth. Emmitt finally got tired of it and screamed at the field from the sidelines "Haley! Get me that ball back!". I think Haley actually did force a fumble, like on demand.

Similarly he did jack-shat stats-wise in 1992, but in the Superbowl it's hard to think of a bigger play than his sack strip of Jim Kelly near the goal line for a Jimmy Jones TD.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So Matt Forte, Doug Martin and Lamar Miller are all free agents.

I want one.

Cotton

Staff member

I want one.
Miller and Martin are definitely the top 2 on my list, but I would take Forte.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I want one.
Question is if Jerry/Stephan want one. I'm just worried that they are happy with McFadden and Dunbar.

I would prefer either Miller or Forte out of that list. Martin and even McFadden still worry me. Are the 2015 versions going to be the norm for them now or back to the injury issues?

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'd be much more in favor of Miller than Forte or Martin.

I think Miller is younger and ascending with a lot left in the tank.

I think Martin had a career year and we won't see it again. I'd be interested but not at his likely price.

Forte I'd be ok with but age is a huge issue.

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The thing you have to keep in mind is you are getting a performance boost from any of these guys behind this line. So even if Forte is in decline, you probably won't notice it as much as if he was
elsewhere.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Why did Miller never become a true feature back in Miami and why did Ajaye start cutting into his carries at the end of the year?

Is Miller just a tease?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Why did Miller never become a true feature back in Miami and why did Ajaye start cutting into his carries at the end of the year?

Is Miller just a tease?
Dunno but he averaged 4.5 per carry this year.

Jiggyfly

Banned
After a little looking around it seems his toughness is a question and he is always dinged up.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Feel like Miller has the most untapped potential. With Forte you'd be getting the veteran Corey Dillon type who might still have a year of two of dominance in his body, but you'd be smart to draft a RB in the third-fourth as well if you go that route.

Martin would be somewhere in the middle. Still young, still has upside, might end up being a 3-4 year starter for you at 1300 yards, or he might also break down prematurely. And anything in between wouldn't shock you either. But you take a shot at him because his chance of hitting on that upside is certainly a lot better chance than McFadden turning in a dynamic season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom