2015 Season | Super Bowl L | Carolina Panthers vs Denver Bronces | 2/7/2016

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I just looked at the Panthers schedule and it's god damned amazing how weak it was.

They played the AFC South and NFC East, the two worst divisions in the league, and their own division, which is also arguably one of the worst in the league with all 3 teams being average at best. That accounts for 14 of their 16 games, other than that they played Seattle on the road (impressive win) and Green Bay at home (impressive at the time but not really in hindsight since Green Bay fell off hard before recovering in the playoffs).

Even in the playoffs they were dominated by Seattle for a good part of the game after jumping out to a huge lead and then played Arizona who looked like hell after Palmer injured his finger or whatever he did.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
How many coaches in league history managed to field one of the worst offenses in the league while having the best offensive line? Would anyone have considered that possible before Garrett managed to do it?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah I saw your post but I just wanted to spin off that and look at concentrating on defense.

I agree about Levathan and that's why I would like to target him because I don't think he breaks the bank, I would also be interested in Jackson but I think he gets big money.

It looks like Denver is in pretty good position cap wise so it would be hard to get Levathan.
Yea, I think Davis will end up leaving the Jets since Wilkerson and Harrison are their top priorities, a guy with his athleticism (or Brown's) would be nice next to Lee.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, that was pretty bad. Business decision, you think? Either way, you can't half-ass it in the biggest game of your life.
He may have been reluctant to dive for the ball but he is a tall guy and the ball looked to be about 3 feet from him. It looked to me like he was deciding whether to dive because the angle would put him beyond the ball but I could be wrong.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Garrett still managed a worse record than Campo with far more talent. Campo never had a QB as good as Weeden or Cassel. Garrett is only better in your mind because you want him to be.
Excellent point, Einstein. Every head coach who ever went under 5-11 without Quincy Carter = worse than Campo!

No need to take anything else into consideration.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Didn't say Garrett was gonna have success, just that Wade's record as head coach makes him untouchable in my book and not entitled to "show his ass" to anyone. He should be happy that he won as a coordinator.... good for him, that is his role in the league and where he belongs. He is not a guy I'd ever hire as coordinator because I think his style is the antithetical to how I'd mold my team but obviously he has shown he can have short term success as a coordinator and he should be proud about putting together an all-time playoff run from his group.

The rest of this "who is a better head coach when you look at their coordinator records" is just distractions from the anti-Garrett crowd because they want more ammo to say he sucks. See?! Even WADE won a Super Bowl!

No one ever said Garrett was a superior coordinator. I'll take him as a head coach over Wade because it's not a guarantee that he'll collapse though. Even if Garrett is second worst, Wade is THE worst.

Yes... Slight hyperbole. Just saying Wade is in the all time bottom tier with Kotite, Campo, etc, as head coach. Don't think Garrett is at that level.
So you continue to insist Phillips is Kotite level and Garrett is above. :lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This is an extraordinarily rude post. What exactly do you know about that lady's situation or what she is going through with her husband. You are a rather disgusting human being, based on what you often post on this board.
:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
How many coaches in league history managed to field one of the worst offenses in the league while having the best offensive line? Would anyone have considered that possible before Garrett managed to do it?
Look at the two OLs that played in this game. Not exactly a star studded group.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So Wade is actually the best coach in Cowboys history and Garrett isn't the worst coach in the league since he has a .500 record. Got it.
No, but your Kotite level guy in Phillips is better than Garrett in Cowboys history.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I don't see Garrett ever getting a SB ring unless it is as quality control coach somewhere.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Didn't say Garrett was gonna have success, just that Wade's record as head coach makes him untouchable in my book and not entitled to "show his ass" to anyone.
His record that is better than Garrett's?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I am so glad that Schmitty is here today. He did a disappearing act after the 2013 Packers game and only shows up to defend his fantasy husband once in a while. What username does he go by on CowboysOwn?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'd put Garrett somewhere in the Gailey range. Not good enough to win with flawed personnel. Better than Campo pretty clearly.
One clearly had a better team and QB than the other. It's pretty obvious they both are shitty and would not wear the HC title anywhere but in Dallas.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I am so glad that Schmitty is here today. He did a disappearing act after the 2013 Packers game and only shows up to defend his fantasy husband once in a while. What username does he go by on CowboysOwn?
You are delusional and a pretty big dick. Yeah, I've never been around to argue the 2013 Packers loss. Are you on fucking drugs? I've debated that issue with you alone like 6 times.

i haven't been around this season as much. It's called getting married and having a life. Plus if I had to hear your nonsense every day I might go insane.

Top Bottom