Patrick Robinson

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'd guess this was the reason Robinson let his agent go in the middle of negotiations. He agreed to a contract without getting the players approval first. I'd have fired his ass, too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd guess this was the reason Robinson let his agent go in the middle of negotiations. He agreed to a contract without getting the players approval first. I'd have fired his ass, too.
He also hooked up with a more savvy agent. This guy had Travis Benjamin, who left the Browns at the altar as well.

It is what it is.

More Brandon Carr. Woot.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He also hooked up with a more savvy agent. This guy had Travis Benjamin, who left the Browns at the altar as well.

It is what it is.

More Brandon Carr. Woot.
Yeah I hate Carr too. Does that make it better?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I hate Carr too. Does that make it better?
Not going to get all upset about this. JAC (Just Another CB) got away.

Yeah, I will get pissed when this develops into Ramsey getting picked at 4, but that is a rant for another day.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not going to get all upset about this. JAC (Just Another CB) got away.

Yeah, I will get pissed when this develops into Ramsey getting picked at 4, but that is a rant for another day.
Yeah I just don't really buy Robinson's explanation. I think the guy reneged but it's whatever.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Fuck this guy, it's clear that for whatever reason he decided he didn't want to be in Dallas and basically asked the Colts to give him a negligible amount more so that he could save face for looking like a dunce retard. Who knows whether or not it had anything to do specifically with Dallas or if he was just pissed at his previous agent.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Fuck this guy, it's clear that for whatever reason he decided he didn't want to be in Dallas and basically asked the Colts to give him a negligible amount more so that he could save face for looking like a dunce retard. Who knows whether or not it had anything to do specifically with Dallas or if he was just pissed at his previous agent.
I don't see it that way. I think the reason Robinson changed agents in the middle of a negotiation was because the agent agreed to something without first getting approval from the player. And if so, he deserved to get fired. And it sure doesn't look like the Colts paid him a negligible amount more so that he could save face. I think the only dunce retard here is the agent that got himself fired.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000647179/article/patrick-robinson-signs-threeyear-deal-with-colts

Cornerback Patrick Robinson has his third different home in three years.

The Colts announced Wednesday they have signed the unrestricted free agent. A source informed of the deal told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport that it's a three-year contract worth $14 million with $6 million guaranteed.
Who knows which is accurate, either way the guy is a dunce, he probably just wanted his ego stroked.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
And that is probably the case.

We certainly didn't do what Indy did. No wining and dining.

At the end of the day, not going to sweat it. But this makes three or four guys that visited or were scheduled to visit that went elsewhere.
Yea it's a shame, I don't have any particular affinity for Robinson, Hall or even a guy like Boykin above the rest, but I would like one of them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just can't believe a rogue agent was just out there making deals for his client without discussing it with the client first. Just seems like far fetched crap to me.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Can somebody explain to me why in the name of God we'd offer Robinson about 3 years, 13 million yet not even make a move on a better player in Hayward who only got 3 years, 15 million?

It's this type of thing that makes me think the front office is lazy and doesn't identify guys from the jump.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Can somebody explain to me why in the name of God we'd offer Robinson about 3 years, 13 million yet not even make a move on a better player in Hayward who only got 3 years, 15 million?

It's this type of thing that makes me think the front office is lazy and doesn't identify guys from the jump.
They had a set time frame to enter the market and underestimated, as usual. They are lazy also.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

It's like they refused to even try to negotiate with players early in the process based on some obscene principal that the ones who sign early must be overpaid.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's like they refused to even try to negotiate with players early in the process based on some obscene principal that the ones who sign early must be overpaid.
Yea, Hayward wasn't even that early, he signed almost a week after free agency started.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, Hayward wasn't even that early, he signed almost a week after free agency started.
Hayward was probably the corner I wanted to sign most. The price was cheap and he is a quality starter who has proven in his career that he is capable of picking off passes. He was beyond the perfect fit. But oh well. Shits too late now.

Top Bottom