Coach Firing/Hiring Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
For the record, local reports are Pederson is NOT a leading candidate for the eagles job.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's official...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's official...

Makes it a little more likely Manziel stays put.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Payton is going to end up with the pick of his job. NYG, SF or Miami. I hope he picks the sunshine and Dolphins. I'd hate to see him go to SF or NYG. I think the 49ers may get him though. Probably want an offense minded HC and Payton would be perfect in developing a young QB.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I wish Garrett would ride off a cliff.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's official...

This clown had no business being given an NFL HC job.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Pettine? He was a decent DC, no worse than others.

Now, Tomsula? Oh yeah.
Pettine just never changed his style from his high school coaching days. Did you ever watch that reality TV show on him and his team?

He was one of those coaches that feel they have to be angry and yell all the damn time. His demeanor wasn't much different as the HC of the Browns this year.

I just couldn't believe someone actually gave that guy a HC gig in the NFL.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pettine just never changed his style from his high school coaching days. Did you ever watch that reality TV show on him and his team?

He was one of those coaches that feel they have to be angry and yell all the damn time. His demeanor wasn't much different as the HC of the Browns this year.

I just couldn't believe someone actually gave that guy a HC gig in the NFL.
Sorry, I missed that reality show.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Payton is leaving at the right time, I see him going to the NYG.

I am betting he probably told Jerry um thanks but no.:lol
Nah. Jerry was never going to hire Payton. He'd have to admit Garrett was a failure, give up too much control to Payton, not to mention Payton being a Parcells guy who Jerry was glad to see leave so he could stop walking on egg shells and take the reins back.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Payton is both a guy we should legitimately consider firing Garrett for and at the same time a coach who would have won between 4-6 games here this season given the circumstances.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Payton is both a guy we should legitimately consider firing Garrett for and at the same time a coach who would have won between 4-6 games here this season given the circumstances.
So he is so much better then Garrett that he is worth firing him for, but he would have had the exact same results as Garrett this season? I think that's a bit ridiculous. Especially when you consider how good he was able to make backup QB Luke McCown look when he did play.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
So he is so much better then Garrett that he is worth firing him for, but he would have had the exact same results as Garrett this season? I think that's a bit ridiculous. Especially when you consider how good he was able to make backup QB Luke McCown look when he did play.
Don't fall for the troll attempt.

Top Bottom