User Tag List

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Draft Chatter Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggyfly View Post
    He can play the 1 and be dominant and a rich man's Irv and Crawford is an issue why, I think at worst he could be an ideal 1 in Marinelli's scemes and a above average LDE with a little more polish.

He has never had the chance to totally learn 1 position I just think there is some huge untapped potential.

Calais Campbell type.
    Yeah, he still looked a little slow off the snap in the video to me. Granted I don't think it was a quickness thing. It looked more like poor snap anticipation.

He did look really powerful though which is something you don't expect from a guy with his body type. If his work ethic was great I'd have no problem considering him at 28. Of course if his work ethic was great I'm not sure he would be available at 28.

No question the guy has sky high potential though. The video didn't change my opinion that never took games over though. Very few impact plays. It's just hard for me to ignore that. Even if the guy in the video makes the excuse that everyone else was so bad that it held him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Yeah, he still looked a little slow off the snap in the video to me. Granted I don't think it was a quickness thing. It looked more like poor snap anticipation.

He did look really powerful though which is something you don't expect from a guy with his body type. If his work ethic was great I'd have no problem considering him at 28. Of course if his work ethic was great I'm not sure he would be available at 28.

No question the guy has sky high potential though. The video didn't change my opinion that never took games over though. Very few impact plays. It's just hard for me to ignore that. Even if the guy in the video makes the excuse that everyone else was so bad that it held him back.

I have little interest in a player that admits to being hard to coach. That, along with it being reported by multiple teams that he was the worst interview at the combine would take him off my board for the first couple rounds. If he's still there in the 3rd, I'd consider him. If he's not? Oh well. He's not some transcendent talent, making it worth risking a 1st or 2nd round pick on a headcase.

4. The following user likes this post:

One of my favorites

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

One of my favorites
    I would take Barnett over McDowell but on that video, he only seems to beat his man by getting the edge don't see him doing a lot of that at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    I have little interest in a player that admits to being hard to coach. That, along with it being reported by multiple teams that he was the worst interview at the combine would take him off my board for the first couple rounds. If he's still there in the 3rd, I'd consider him. If he's not? Oh well. He's not some transcendent talent, making it worth risking a 1st or 2nd round pick on a headcase.
    He is physically a transcendent talent.

He is physically a transcendent talent.
    Whatever that means.

I would take Barnett over McDowell but on that video, he only seems to beat his man by getting the edge don't see him doing a lot of that at the next level.
    For a guy who supposedly lacks athletic ability he gets the edge more than any other DE in this draft class outside of Myles Garrett.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Whatever that means.
    Workout warrior.
    #Fire Garrett

McDowell has obvious raw physical talent but his technique is really inconsistent, especially against the run where he has a tendency to get too high, and he's apparently a basket case off the field with questionable work ethic/desire.

If he was a better fit in our scheme I'd definitely have to think hard about him at 28, but given the fact that you kind of have to shoehorn him in to a position I wouldn't invest that high of a pick in him.