Week 14 Chatter Thread | New York Jets v. Dallas Cowboys | 12/19/2015

GShock

DCC 4Life
It's always nice to see Jerry beaten by yet another former assistant.

1 game closer to dead :towel

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Draft position is getting stronger with that brain fart.
4-12 with a top 5 pick and Garrett having a worse season than Campo ever managed if looking like a real possibility. But I'm having trouble getting too excited about a top 5 pick because it's likely to a non-pass rushing LB or CB. Even if it's one of the QB's, neither of the top two look to be franchise caliber prospects. Goff and/or Lynch could turn out to be a solid starter but both have considerable question marks and seem to be rated in the top 10 mainly due to team needs rather than being legit prospects.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We will fuck up the draft pick just like we fucked this game up.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
:lol I had idea the Cowboys were playing today.

I guess I didn't miss much.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Let's just say I regret committing do writing the goddammit primers. The next few weeks are going to be brutal.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Holy shit.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
McFadden ran for 6.3 ypc against the best run defense in the league, but the RB position is what sunk our year.

No, losing Romo and our idiotic coaching staff that allows a RB averaging 6.3 ypc to only get 16 carries in a game that was one possession is what sunk our season, along with the statistical anomaly of our turnovers forced futility.

Have a good draft, keep Romo healthy and we will be just fine next year, we won't win it all though because we will always be handicapped by this HOF retard of a coach who needs help from an injured Romo on the sideline to manage games.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The running game wasn't nearly this good when Romo was healthy and we were dicking around with that shitty loser Randle. But keep on keepin on.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The running game wasn't nearly this good when Romo was healthy and we were dicking around with that shitty loser Randle. But keep on keepin on.
And if Romo hadn't gotten hurt (blaming his injury on the running game is complete conjecture) we would've figured it out anyway with Randle inevitably screwing himself out of a job. Again, the running game isn't perfect and we need more at RB but putting the primary blame for this season on our running game is a joke honestly, and the people doing it can't seem to separate the idea that the running game can be upgraded from the idea that it is the reason we are 4-10, which it is not.

Reasons we are 4-10:

1. Romo
2. Dickhead coaching staff/front offcie deciding to rely on Weeden and being unable to adjust to not having Romo
3. Historically low amount of turnovers forced despite a somewhat decent defense
4. Running back/Dez injury

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

There's no one factor. But struggles in the running game when the season still was in its prime were a large contributing factor. We put Romo in untenable positions. It's obvious conjecture but it's not exactly a stretch either. Sometimes things just happen but the running game didn't help when it could've. You can't point to week 15 and say see, the running game is fine. It wasn't fine for most of the first half of the season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The thing that kills this team defensively is third down. It could be third and 12, 13, 20 whatever and they can't defend that to save their effing lives.

That's on Marinelli. I doesn't matter if you are stingy the first two downs, if you can't get them off the field on gimmie downs like that, you aren't a good coordinator.

I don't know of a resource to show the percentages we have given up in those kind of situations, but it has to be high.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I thought his other magic trick allowing a POS WR like Thompkins to get by him to get the crucial yards to set up the winning FG was even more impressive.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There's no one factor. But struggles in the running game when the season still was in its prime were a large contributing factor. We put Romo in untenable positions. It's obvious conjecture but it's not exactly a stretch either. Sometimes things just happen but the running game didn't help when it could've. You can't point to week 15 and say see, the running game is fine. It wasn't fine for most of the first half of the season.
I don't think the running game is acceptable if we want to be elite and win it all, I'm just saying that it's been decent enough to win around 10 or so games with Romo. Which is why I've been arguing that it hasn't been this seasons downfall.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't think the running game is acceptable if we want to be elite and win it all, I'm just saying that it's been decent enough to win around 10 or so games with Romo. Which is why I've been arguing that it hasn't been this seasons downfall.
It is a no brainer to know that Romo going down doomed us. But the running game hasn't been consistent enough all season to be anywhere close to what it was last season where it allowed him to have a great year. He struggled in his three games, mainly because we didn't take the pressure off of him enough with a consistent ground game.

Genghis Khan

The thing that kills this team defensively is third down. It could be third and 12, 13, 20 whatever and they can't defend that to save their effing lives.

That's on Marinelli. I doesn't matter if you are stingy the first two downs, if you can't get them off the field on gimmie downs like that, you aren't a good coordinator.

I don't know of a resource to show the percentages we have given up in those kind of situations, but it has to be high.
I like marinelli overall but we need to clean house. Every coach must go. It's the right thing to do.

This staff in its entirety has failed.

Genghis Khan

It is a no brainer to know that Romo going down doomed us. But the running game hasn't been consistent enough all season to be anywhere close to what it was last season where it allowed him to have a great year. He struggled in his three games, mainly because we didn't take the pressure off of him enough with a consistent ground game.

Exactly what I'm saying.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That is true, although against Miami McFadden had a very Murray-esque game with 129 on 29 carries. I've been wanting an upgrade at RB like everybody else so obviously I'm not content with what we have, I just don't think it's the biggest reason we are 4-10 like some do, I'd even say the turnovers are definitely more to blame honestly.

Top Bottom