Coach Firing/Hiring Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I wish we had a few bits of intel on coaches contracts. Jones said "several" were up. I assume now Henderson is one.

But there are others that we just don't know about.

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, or as our brothers in the South call you, He-sooz...Dear tiny Jesus, in your golden-fleece diapers, with your tiny, little, fat, balled-up fists...Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors...Dear eight-pound, six-ounce newborn infant Jesus, don’t even know a word yet, just a little infant and so cuddly, but still omnipotent...please let us get a real QB coach as we enter into this new era. Amen.
Amen.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, he's a dufus most of the time, but he was nearly perfect in the two SB runs, especially in the SB games. He's a big reason they've missed the playoffs when they did, but Eli is a huge reason they won those two years when he got hot.

I'm envious. Eli did what we all hoped Romo would've surprised us with, getting hot a year or two in the postseason when it counted.
This is all true but I have to imagine it is also infuriating having a QB who is capable of winning it all but who most seasons can't even get you competitive.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Lions add Ernie Accorsi to front office

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 10, 2016, 2:51 PM EST

Longtime NFL executive Ernie Accorsi is taking one more front-office job.

The Lions announced today that they have hired the 74-year-old Accorsi as a special advisor to team President Rod Wood. Accorsi was already working with Wood in helping him to find the team’s next General Manager, and after they both found that they worked well together in the process of finding new G.M. Bob Quinn, Accorsi and Wood decided to keep working together.

Accorsi has been in the NFL for decades, working for the Baltimore Colts in the 1970s and 1980s, the Browns in the 1980s and 1990s and the Giants from 1994 until retiring in 2007. In retirement he has taken on consulting jobs with the Panthers and Bears.

Wood has acknowledged that his qualifications to be Lions team president are more about his familiarity with the Ford family that owns the team and his knowledge of the family’s business practices, rather than about his football acumen. So it should help Wood to have an old pro like Accorsi working with him.

The next big announcement coming out of Detroit will be whether or not Jim Caldwell remains as head coach. That’s Quinn’s decision, and a decision is expected soon.
-----------

Smart hire.

Cotton

Staff member

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I feel bad for that franchise and fans.

Cotton

Staff member

I guess Rapaport's sources were just playing a big trick on him the first time.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Jackson is a very hot candidate...Giants are talking to him next.

Maybe he is the new Denny Green.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Browns to hire Hue Jackson per NFL alert.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Hue Jackson would only take the job if they moved on from Manziel. Drafting a QB is imminent so you have your choice now of Lynch or Wentz

#TeamWentz

Jiggyfly

Banned
Why is he such a hot name? I don't get it. Browns being the Browns with this hire
He has consistently had one of the top rated offenses in the NFL and he coached Oakland to an 8-8 record just 3 years ago.

He has not exactly had great QB talent either.

Seems he checks all of the hot coordinator boxes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I'm Hue, the hottest candidate, the only way I sign with the browns is as a last resort or they gave me the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if he was really that hot or if teams were twiddling thumbs until other teams drop from the playoffs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I'm Hue, the hottest candidate, the only way I sign with the browns is as a last resort or they gave me the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if he was really that hot or if teams were twiddling thumbs until other teams drop from the playoffs.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He has consistently had one of the top rated offenses in the NFL and he coached Oakland to an 8-8 record just 3 years ago.

I agree. I'm a fan of Jackson. If we'd have fired Garrett, I'd be on board with Jackson (though not my first choice).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

He has been an offensive coordinator for the Bengals. They finished 15th in the NFL in total offense this year. They finished 15th in 2014.

Prior to that he was a position coach. Prior to that he was a head coach with the Raiders where he never achieved a winning record. Before that he was an offensive coordinator in Oakland when his offense finished a respectable 10th in the NFL. Before that position coach again. If you go back to his offensive coordinator days at Atlanta in 2007 his offense finished 23rd.

So yeah, he hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire with his offenses. Respectable offense maybe but nothing I can see that would make him a hot candidate.

Top Bottom