Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
Also, Cardale Jones and Ezekial Elliot have already declared that they are turning pro after this season.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
OU May have started the second half with some big problems ahead.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I will be praying all week that Mayfield clears concussion protocol and is able to play next Saturday against OK State.

Trevor Knight is putrid.

I always chuckle when I hear sat Oklahoma is lucky to have an experienced backup like Knight on the roster.

The only thing Trevor Knight is experienced at is sucking out loud against everyone not named Alabama.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Watching Trevor Knight makes me so angry that I literally start shaking.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Dumb decision by Patterson.

He should have played for OT.

There was no way in hell Trevor Knight was going to lead them to a score in OT.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Trevor Knight literarily looked like a drunken version of Brandon Weeden out there.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Hackenburg sucks ass. How anyone thinks he has franchise traits is beyond me. Can't feel the rush, looks like a complete idiot out there.
I think the argument is that the system he's in isn't a fit. And he did look much better when O'Brien was HC. He's got the measureables.

I'm skeptical of stuff like that. Particularly if we are talking about a premium 1st round pick. He certainly has a lot of developing to do.

Genghis Khan

Most of the debate over who deserves a shot at the championship would be solved by expanding to 8.

I agree with those saying that the eye test is bullshit. I feel like it was the same problem with the BCS system and with the ranking system before that.

I prefer teams earn it on the field.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Most of the debate over who deserves a shot at the championship would be solved by expanding to 8.

I agree with those saying that the eye test is bullshit. I feel like it was the same problem with the BCS system and with the ranking system before that.

I prefer teams earn it on the field.
When they went to the 4 team playoff they put a provision in place that prevents them from expanding beyond 4 teams for at least 10 years, I think.

I'm actually happy with 4 teams. If we go to 8 teams you're going to have the same problem with biases playing a role and debates about 6 teams vying for the 7th and 8th seed.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Just looked this up on FAQ section of the official CFP site.

Why is the playoff not more than four teams? Will the playoff expand to more than four teams?
The four-team playoff preserves the importance and the excitement and compelling nature of the regular season, which is the best in sports. It also maintains the tradition of the bowls, which are unique in the American sports culture. The agreements for the four-team playoff extend for 12 years.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Im happy with the 4 team playoff right now but I think its because its more of a relief over not having one at all. Im sure that will wear off soon and think they should expand in a few more years. It just adds to the excitement through the season.

Genghis Khan

There's always going to be debate over the last team or teams getting in. But it's much harder to make a legit case for having a realistic shot with the 9th team than it is with the 5th team.

And they used the same excuses about how compelling the debates are in defense of the BCS and the ranking system before that. It's nonsense and it's always been nonsense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
When they went to the 4 team playoff they put a provision in place that prevents them from expanding beyond 4 teams for at least 10 years, I think.

I'm actually happy with 4 teams. If we go to 8 teams you're going to have the same problem with biases playing a role and debates about 6 teams vying for the 7th and 8th seed.
My only thought for expansion is that you could make it so every major conference is likely represented in the playoff system. I hesitate to make every conference champ an automatic bid into the playoffs only because there is some potential for a really average team to bad team to win a conference championship game and then make it. Not sure I want a 3 or 4 loss team in the college football playoffs.

Honestly, as long as every undefeated major conference team makes the college football playoffs I don't think there is too much room to complain. Now if we start leaving teams out of the playoffs who literally did everything they could with the schedule, I have a problem with that system.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There's always going to be debate over the last team or teams getting in. But it's much harder to make a legit case for having a realistic shot with the 9th team than it is with the 5th team.

And they used the same excuses about how compelling the debates are in defense of the BCS and the ranking system before that. It's nonsense and it's always been nonsense.

Agreed.

That is the exact same argument I made in this thread for increasing the amount of playoff teams from 4 to 6 or even 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom