NHL Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The Stars are killing it this year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If the Flyers wanted to upset the Capitals by rallying behind Snyder's memory that is fine with me.

D

Deuce

Patrick Kane is the first American to win the Ross Trophy. Looks like he took all that sexual energy he typically used to rape chicks and put it into a positive place, like scoring goals.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If the Flyers wanted to upset the Capitals by rallying behind Snyder's memory that is fine with me.
That'd work for me too of course.

If I were the Rangers I'd be much more worried about the penguins though. I'm not sure anyone can beat Pittsburgh right now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm calling it now. The Stars win the Cup this year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The Rangers finally have a dynamite offense and suddenly Henrik Lundquist can't stop a beach ball. Worst season of his career.

If he could get his two years ago form back, and we could trade for a defenseman, this team would win the Cup.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm pulling for the Flyers so it can teach Rangers fans a lesson about appreciating Alain Vigneault. Yeah it might have been time for him to go from NY because he's maybe not the right coach for a rebuild, but they talk about him like it was his fault everything got fucked up. The team got old and needed a rebuild, that's all. He's not the GM and even if he was sometimes a team getting old and needing a rebuild is not avoidable no matter what personnel moves you make in a sport like basketball or hockey where even in the first round there are not quality starters every year if you are picking late in the round.

If he wins a Cup it will be a nice F you to those idiots who think the Rangers wasted their time under him.

That being said I'm also heavily pulling for the Rangers to draw that ping pong ball tonite for Alex Lafreniere.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm pulling for the Flyers so it can teach Rangers fans a lesson about appreciating Alain Vigneault. Yeah it might have been time for him to go from NY because he's maybe not the right coach for a rebuild, but they talk about him like it was his fault everything got fucked up. The team got old and needed a rebuild, that's all. He's not the GM and even if he was sometimes a team getting old and needing a rebuild is not avoidable no matter what personnel moves you make in a sport like basketball or hockey where even in the first round there are not quality starters every year if you are picking late in the round.

If he wins a Cup it will be a nice F you to those idiots who think the Rangers wasted their time under him.

That being said I'm also heavily pulling for the Rangers to draw that ping pong ball tonite for Alex Lafreniere.

I have to say I love Vigneault. We just came off of too long a tenure under Hakstol who just clearly wasn't good enough. The roster did get a little better with Hayes and a couple other guys, but it isn't that different. Vigneault has been the biggest difference imo.

It's funny you said all this because that's exactly what happened with Berube with the flyers. A lot of fans lost their patience with him and were happy to see him gone. Full disclosure, myself included. Then he won the cup last year so he apparently was a better coach than people realized.

I've felt in the past the flyers were too quick to get rid of certain clearly good coaches though, like Ken Hitchcock and Peter Laviolette. So I hear ya.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I have to say I love Vigneault. We just came off of too long a tenure under Hakstol who just clearly wasn't good enough. The roster did get a little better with Hayes and a couple other guys, but it isn't that different. Vigneault has been the biggest difference imo.

It's funny you said all this because that's exactly what happened with Berube with the flyers. A lot of fans lost their patience with him and were happy to see him gone. Full disclosure, myself included. Then he won the cup last year so he apparently was a better coach than people realized.

I've felt in the past the flyers were too quick to get rid of certain clearly good coaches though, like Ken Hitchcock and Peter Laviolette. So I hear ya.
He was night and day immediately for the Rangers, we went to the Cup his first year and back to the Conference finals his second year. They needed either one more scorer or for aging superstars Rick Nash and Martin St. Louis to step up just one more time, and they couldn't. They needed about 3-4 timely goals in that Finals against the Kings and it turns from a 5 game series loss to a 5 game series win for them. They lost 3 games in OT in that 4-1 series loss, including two in double overtime.

After that they got bounced early in the playoffs a few years, but they were already transitioning. Stepan got traded, Zibanejad hadn't really blossomed yet. Nash and MSL gone, no real scoring wingers to replace them. It was time to tear it down and AV did not show that he knew how to guide a team that was rebuilding to either get the most out of them while they rebuilt or that he had the correct teaching temperament to guide super young players.

But for a team of established young talent like the Flyers he's probably perfect, like he was for the Rangers in 2014.

Top Bottom