Cowboys Will Make the 2015 Playoffs

Cowboys Will Make the 2015 Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

data

Forbes #1
No "I hopes" or "I think we'll contend" or "We still have a chance" or "we're not mathematically out of it yet"...Flat out, do we make the playoffs?

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not a chance in hell.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Nope

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I give them a slight chance but Jesus we are 2-7. The odds are heavily stacked against us.
I think we actually have a decent chance. Throw the records out. We are 2 games back in the loss column and we have 7 games left.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
No. I hope we do, and I'm not counting us out, but the odds are heavily stacked against us. We have maybe a 10% chance, and that's being optimistic.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It would take us going 5-1, New York going 3-3 or worse, and both Philly and Washington going 4-2 or worse and at least one taking a game from New York.

With Green Bay, Carolina, Buffalo, and the Jets on the schedule it's kind of a pipe dream.

But it is possible, more than people would think by viewing this poll's likely results.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
one thing is for sure, if we do - itll be well deserved. i still say we go .500 the rest of the way and miss the playoffs

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The homer in me wants to say yes but I think they will only be able to get close enough to disappoint everyone.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
No, although we are clearly the best team in the division with Romo, and if we did somehow make the playoffs I'd give us as good a shot as anybody in the NFC to make the Super Bowl.

With that said, aside from winning out, our only realistic chance is to finish 8-8 and hope to win the tiebreaker over the Giants with them losing one of their remaining division games with us beating the Skins twice. If you look at the Skins/Eagles, it looks like neither will make it to 8 wins, perhaps not even 7, and I don't think it's that far-fetched that the Giants go 3-3 the rest of the way with @WAS, NYJ, @MIA, CAR, @MIN and PHI the rest of the way.

The big question is can we go 5-1 the rest of the way?

If we beat Carolina and the team really starts to gain momentum, maybe, but it's not very likely.

Just one god damned win while Romo was out and we'd be fine, but no, too difficult.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we finish 8-8 to be honest. Which I think has us fall just short of the playoffs. Enough to give is hope and yet back in thay 8-8 funk somehow again.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think we finish 8-8 to be honest. Which I think has us fall just short of the playoffs. Enough to give is hope and yet back in thay 8-8 funk somehow again.
It's not somehow, it's because we were without our QB and best offensive skill player for almost 2 months. With a healthy Romo, even with the Dez injury, we are no worse then 7-3 right now and cruising to a division title. Shit happens and our season got screwed.

If we get to 8 wins I think we have at least a coin flip chance to win the division though, especially if that one loss is to the Packers.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I said somehow because we are legitimately way better then an 8-8 team in terms of talent.

If we can make the playoffs I see no reason why we can't beat the Panthers or Packers and thus have a serious chance at the superbowl.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I said somehow because we are legitimately way better then an 8-8 team in terms of talent.

If we can make the playoffs I see no reason why we can't beat the Panthers or Packers and thus have a serious chance at the superbowl.
Definitely, it's a true shame, although it's also an indictment on Garrett that he can't salvage one god damn win in 2 months.

Top Bottom