NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If they do bring back JVG, then Harden isn't going to get away with that complete lack of effort on defense.

Harden's effort at times is inexcusable.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Warriors are 12-0. What's the record for the most wins to start a season?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Why would he go back there? You already fired him once.
He was not fired, his contract was up and he did not agree to the changes being made in the front office.

He was offered a contract and declined there is zero bad blood between JVG and the Rockets, the rumour is if they decide to bring in another coach after the season he would be interested.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He was not fired, his contract was up and he did not agree to the changes being made in the front office.

He was offered a contract and declined there is zero bad blood between JVG and the Rockets, the rumour is if they decide to bring in another coach after the season he would be interested.
You're always disappointed when you're fired. It's difficult. But I was a little bit more upset when it was being spun that I hadn't come to a decision about wanting to coach. I had told them long ago that I wanted to coach if they wanted me.

-- Jeff Van Gundy

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Warriors are 12-0. What's the record for the most wins to start a season?
I think the Lakers hold it, but can't remember what it is.

I remember the 93-94 Rockets started off like 18-0 as well.

Cotton

Staff member
I think the Lakers hold it, but can't remember what it is.

I remember the 93-94 Rockets started off like 18-0 as well.
The number 19 stands out for some reason, but I'm not sure if that's right.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Rockets have the record by starting 15-0. Also, the Washington Capitols way back in the day did the same thing.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You're always disappointed when you're fired. It's difficult. But I was a little bit more upset when it was being spun that I hadn't come to a decision about wanting to coach. I had told them long ago that I wanted to coach if they wanted me.

-- Jeff Van Gundy
I may be wrong about him being fired but he was definitley waffling about wanting to come back and work with the new front office.

Anyway he has since said nothing but good things about the Rockets and has been living in Houston since, multiple sources say he would be interested in returning as coach.

The fences have definitely been mended.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Not that you guys didn't know this already.........but, damn, the Warriors are impressive as hell.

I watched a little over half the game before going to bed and the Clippers pretty much dominated the first half. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin couldn't miss. CP3 with 23 in the first half, Curry got in early foul trouble, and the Clippers jumped out to a lead that grew to as large as 23 points.

None of that mattered.

The Warriors still came back and beat them in LA.

It was funny during halftime listening to the TNT crew talk about Curry's first half "struggles". They praised how CP3 was going at him and making him work on defense. Then they flashed Curry's halftime stats and dude had 17 points on 4/9 shooting....in minimal minutes mind you (because of the foul trouble).

I wish Westbrook would "struggle" like that. :lol

Cotton

Staff member

Holee shit.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Clippers were just as hot in the 1st quarter. They were drill threes left and right. Felt like neither Blake or CP3 could miss early on. They ended up w/ 40 1st qtr points.

Cotton

Staff member
The Clippers were just as hot in the 1st quarter. They were drill threes left and right. Felt like neither Blake or CP3 could miss early on. They ended up w/ 40 1st qtr points.
I saw that the Warriors scored something like 75 second half points. That is nuts.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I know the lack of talent is gonna catch up to us eventually, but being 9-4 and 3rd in the WC is pretty damn sweet in the meantime.

Never in a million years did I think we'd be 9-4 after 13 games.

Cotton

Staff member
I know the lack of talent is gonna catch up to us eventually, but being 9-4 and 3rd in the WC is pretty damn sweet in the meantime.

Never in a million years did I think we'd be 9-4 after 13 games.
Yeah, no way do I see it continuing, but it is nice while it lasts.

Cotton

Staff member
Westbrook is such a whiny bitch.

Cotton

Staff member

:picard

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
As expected, Mavs are starting to show some cracks.

2 losses in a row on the road to OKC and Memphis. Hopefully they can snap out of it and continue to get the wins against the decent teams plus a surprise win here and there, but I'm sure they'll be flirting with .500 for most of the year.

Also, in what has already been an absolutely horrid year for Kobe Bryant, the guy went 1-14 tonight. One for fourteen!

Is he even going to make it to the end of the season? Right now, he looks like a guy who needs to pull a Jim Kelly and just retired mid-season. He is completely finished and needs to let it go.

Top Bottom