Dolphins Stuff...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
6-10. Garrett is one game better than Campo with better players...
The other side of the coin is if the team finishes 8-8 with Romo s return , it will also present a good argument that He is the team director and Garrett is just hanging around.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just don't drop anymore passes, dipshit.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Maybe Terrance Williams will be back this game, too.

:towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe Terrance Williams will be back this game, too.

:towel
He seems to do better when he can work with Romo ad-libbing, where he works his way back to Romo when he buys time outside of the play structure.

He definitely has shown he can't beat single coverage the way that he has been asked to run routes in this offense.

dallen

Senior Tech
He seems to do better when he can work with Romo ad-libbing, where he works his way back to Romo when he buys time outside of the play structure.

He definitely has shown he can't beat single coverage the way that he has been asked to run routes in this offense.
As bad as he's played, he has shown he works well with Romo

GShock

DCC 4Life
with Garrett's career marks at
8-8
8-8
8-8
12-4 (1-1 in the playoffs)

I'm guessing we end up right around 4-12 this year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As bad as he's played, he has shown he works well with Romo
So yeah, that is kind of what I said.

As shitty as this year has been, I hope it opened some eyes.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He didn't lose his read ability in 7 weeks. He will go okay. His biggest enemy will be stamina.
I've mentioned this a couple of times before. His ability to win those pre-snap chess matches at the LOS was something I knew we'd sorely miss.

It'll be nice having a QB back there who can actually get this raggedy offense into some favorable matchups for a change.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've mentioned this a couple of times before. His ability to win those pre-snap chess matches at the LOS was something I knew we'd sorely miss.

It'll be nice having a QB back there who can actually get this raggedy offense into some favorable matchups for a change.
Shit it's not even a chess match. I mean we aren't even winning a checkers match at the line of scrimmage. Highschool QB's are given more authority to check in an out of plays.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
with Garrett's career marks at
8-8
8-8
8-8
12-4 (1-1 in the playoffs)

I'm guessing we end up right around 4-12 this year.
Just high enough to get a top QB prospect...

If we really do end up with that type of record though it could make for an interesting draft for us. I'm not sure who in the top 5 of this draft would really be that difference maker for us. I wish there was a freak WR but this draft is more middle to late first receivers. There is no AP or Gurley type RB. Are there any DT's that people think will really be special?

dallen

Senior Tech
So yeah, that is kind of what I said.

As shitty as this year has been, I hope it opened some eyes.
I was agreeing with you. :art As long as Romo is here he is probably worth keeping around cheaply, but he's going to want too much money

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I was agreeing with you. :art As long as Romo is here he is probably worth keeping around cheaply, but he's going to want too much money
They need to tell him the Laurent Robinson story.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Tony Romo should get Cowboys back on track against Dolphins

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Tony Romo is back and all is expected to be well with the Dallas Cowboys, right? In the season opener the Cowboys needed Romo’s late-game heroics and atrocious clock management by the New York Giants to win. Before he got hurt in Week 2 against Philadelphia, the offense contributed two field goals.

There is no doubt the Cowboys will be better with Romo than they have been the past seven weeks, but they also need to be better than they were in the first two games with Romo. The Miami Dolphins had four sacks and 10 hits on Eagles quarterbacks in Week 10. Coach Jason Garrett said the Cowboys don’t want Romo to feel he needs to save the day. In reality, he needs to save the season, and if they don’t win Sunday, it’s over.

After missing three games in 2008 with a broken pinky, Romo completed 19 of 27 passes for 198 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions in a 14-10 victory at Washington. There was some rust then and there will be rust now. But he will deliver. Cowboys 26, Dolphins 17

Jiggyfly

Banned
Just high enough to get a top QB prospect...

If we really do end up with that type of record though it could make for an interesting draft for us. I'm not sure who in the top 5 of this draft would really be that difference maker for us. I wish there was a freak WR but this draft is more middle to late first receivers. There is no AP or Gurley type RB. Are there any DT's that people think will really be special?
Yeah this is not a draft with a lot of top end talent, I would probably draft Tunsil and solidify this oline.

I also would hope the QB's get hot and somebody would trade up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah this is not a draft with a lot of top end talent, I would probably draft Tunsil and solidify this oline.

Yeah if my best option is an offensive lineman I'm trading down. Hell I'd even trade down for a future first. Stockpile the picks so that if you're not taking a QB this year you at least have the ability to get someone in the near future.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Forget that, if there is a decent QB around, I take him for myself .

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I'm all about building the lines, but O-line has enough resources thrown at it the last couple years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm all about building the lines, but O-line has enough resources thrown at it the last couple years.
Yeah, we literally would have first round talent at every position on the O-line. One could say that is a little overkill.

If there is a good QB I'd take him in a heartbeat but I'm assuming that Dallas will continue with the "We must put the best cast around Romo" mantra.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, we literally would have first round talent at every position on the O-line. One could say that is a little overkill.

If there is a good QB I'd take him in a heartbeat but I'm assuming that Dallas will continue with the "We must put the best cast around Romo" mantra.
I would probably consider a WR, but they would have to be a stud. Treadwell would tempt me, for sure.

Top Bottom