TV Thread

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Recorded Fargo season 2 premiere last night. Will watch later.
I didn't watch season 1 but a buddy of mine said season 2 is a must watch. I just watched the first episode of season 2 last night and can catch up with the others on demand. Episode 1 definitely sets up some intrigue for the rest of the series. Looks like a pretty impressive cast and a potential for a good story/characters.

How much am I missing out on by not watching season 1?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
They are separate stories. Have nothing to do with each other, from what I understand. I haven't watched season 2 yet, but 1 was excellent. Billy Bob Thornton was great. I really liked all the characters.

If you have the time, I'd recommend watching season 1.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
They are separate stories. Have nothing to do with each other, from what I understand. I haven't watched season 2 yet, but 1 was excellent. Billy Bob Thornton was great. I really liked all the characters.

OK, I was under the impression that they are separate stories. Good.

I may well go back and watch season 1 but need to catch up on season 2 first. I think last night was maybe the 6th episode? I should be caught up by next Monday's episode.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Actually what happens in this season is mentioned by the Carradine character in season one as a significant incident but they can be watched separately.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I didn't watch season 1 but a buddy of mine said season 2 is a must watch. I just watched the first episode of season 2 last night and can catch up with the others on demand. Episode 1 definitely sets up some intrigue for the rest of the series. Looks like a pretty impressive cast and a potential for a good story/characters.

It is basically like True Detective. You are not missing anything by watching Season 2 ahead of Season 1. Like TD, might be better for you.

If you like Season Two, Season One will be like crack. Hard to live up to that kind of excellence.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Into The Badlands is pretty decent so far.

Pretty stylish and definitely not boring, even though there is a slight twinge of dumb frick premise.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Watched the first two episodes of season one of Fargo. OMG, dis gone be gud.

Props to Booze.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
It is basically like True Detective. You are not missing anything by watching Season 2 ahead of Season 1. Like TD, might be better for you.

If you like Season Two, Season One will be like crack. Hard to live up to that kind of excellence.
I watched episodes 2 & 3 last night. Oh yeah, I'm going back and watching season 1 as soon as I catch up on season 2, which I will do over the next couple of nights. Great show so far.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I watched episodes 2 & 3 last night. Oh yeah, I'm going back and watching season 1 as soon as I catch up on season 2, which I will do over the next couple of nights. Great show so far.
If you enjoy season 2, season 1 will just blow you away.

D

Deuce

:lol @ everyone just getting into Fargo as if we didn't talk about it at length during season 1.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I almost started to watch and realized how frustrating it was to watch SOA and bailed.

I watch the beginning of into the badlands and will stick around, yeah the premise is out there but it should be great dumb fun.

It's in the vein of old school kung fu flicks but with a better budget.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Anyone going to watch the Daredevil spinoff Jessica Jones on Netflix?

D

Deuce

Anyone going to watch the Daredevil spinoff Jessica Jones on Netflix?
I'm going to give it a try, but I have no expectation of liking it. Neither what I know of the character or those trailers that were previously posted excite me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm going to give it a try, but I have no expectation of liking it. Neither what I know of the character or those trailers that were previously posted excite me.
I was not especially interested in Daredevil either, but if this show is anything like it, it should be good.

Top Bottom