Report: Randy Gregory failed drug test, faces lengthy ban

lostxn

DCC 4Life
http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Randy-Gregory-failed-drug-test-faces-lengthy-ban-48893933?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=161111_112658_Dallas Cowboys&utm_content=Link

Things just went from bad to much worse for Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory.

The second-year pass rusher is currently serving a 14-game suspension for multiple violations of the NFL's substance abuse policy. He's eligible to be reinstated on Dec. 18 vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but now it no longer looks like that will be the case.

According to NFL Insider Ian Rapoport, the former Nebraska standout has failed yet another NFL drug screening which could land him a much lengthier ban from the NFL.

Gregory is facing a one-year ban, per the NFL drug policy as noted by Rapoport.

The Cowboys are 7-1 after manhandling the Browns! Don’t miss any breaking news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Cowboys newsletter!

Gregory missed the part of his rookie season due to a high ankle sprain suffered in the first game of the year. He had flourished during preseason games, but was never able to regain his form after the injury.

Gregory was the Cowboys' second-round selection in the 2015 NFL Draft. The former Nebraska linebacker/defensive was once thought of as a sure top-10 pick until his stocked dropped after he tested positive for marijuana at the 2015 NFL Scouting Combine.

Gregory said he blamed himself for the failed test last year before the draft. Every team in the league feared Gregory's presumed addiction and he fell to 60th overall where the Cowboys selected him.

The pass rusher played in 12 games for the Cowboys last season and collected just 11 combined tackles.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Just cut this useless motherfucker.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Who is irrelevant. Knowing how Jones is, this could dissuade him from taking any questionable guys, and we pass on a Randy Moss, like in the 90's.

I really shouldn't have to explain this, are you new? :buddy

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Who is irrelevant. Knowing how Jones is, this could dissuade him from taking any questionable guys, and we pass on a Randy Moss, like in the 90's.

I really shouldn't have to explain this, are you new? :buddy
haha no I just thought you were saying there was a great receiver dropping in the draft because of character concerns a la Randy Moss/Dez Bryant

townsend

Banned
I was holding out a glimmer of hope, but it's pretty clear this guy has a real problem. Add him to the pile of useless fucks that can't cash the genetic lottery ticket they were handed.

midswat

... soon
It's pot, right?

Did I miss something? I mean I thought he was failing drug tests because of marijuana.

I ask because when he was suspended last time there was all these tweets from Dallas media types, players and others around the team about how Gregory had this serious problem and blah blah blah.

That was comical to me because weed isn't even addictive.

So I'm wondering if I missed something and he's hooked on something stronger.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's pot, right?

Did I miss something? I mean I thought he was failing drug tests because of marijuana.

I ask because when he was suspended last time there was all these tweets from Dallas media types, players and others around the team about how Gregory had this serious problem and blah blah blah.

It's a problem because of league rules. He can't leave it alone so it screws up any chance of him playing.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's pot, right?

No, I think it's just pot and Gregory simply lacks self-control.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's a problem because of league rules. He can't leave it alone so it screws up any chance of him playing.
Regarding the NFL's stance on this issue, regardless of how many states pass legislation to legalize pot, I think it remains on the NFL's banned substance list until it is legalized through federal law.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Regarding the NFL's stance on this issue, regardless of how many states pass legislation to legalize pot, I think it remains on the NFL's banned substance list until it is legalized through federal law.
That is the likely case because the League probably doesn't want to be perceived as promoting pot. There is still a very substantial number of fans who have an opposing view about legalized marajuana. Until or if such a time comes that it no longer remains a contraversal item they may reverse their position. Too many of the owners are not willing to promote a change at this time.

Top Bottom