2013 NFL Draft Chatter Thread--25-27 Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

Al Davis' spirit still lives. I read Oakland was prepared to take Hayden 3rd overall til Miami called with a trade.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fuck it, I'm going to reformat my computer.

Peace.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I actually think everyone Dallas picked are good football players and will contribute, many right away.

But we just find ways to take players at least a round earlier than they probably would go.

Last year Matt Johnson wasn't even ranked in most publications and we took him in the 4th.
That's because we target players and when they are gone we panic and reach for next player at the position. A pure need draft will cause you to never get value with your picks.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Deuce, the Celtics are getting blown out again.

I thought they'd win 2 games in this series, but they aren't even being competitive.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
These clowns fall in love with 3 or 4 guys predraft every year and then go out and reach and make trades to get them and then think they got their guys, outsmarted everybody else and fist bump in the war room.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
These clowns fall in love with 3 or 4 guys predraft every year and then go out and reach and make trades to get them and then think they got their guys, outsmarted everybody else and fist bump in the war room.
Well put. They get fixated.

They never let things come to them.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That's because we target players and when they are gone we panic and reach for next player at the position. A pure need draft will cause you to never get value with your picks.
I can't stand drafting need. I understand it at times, like this year we had to come away with at least one day 1 starter. But after that just take BPA. Instead they are looking for positions and are entranced by "upside" the chance to find a steal.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It was what we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom