MLB Chatter Thread

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Red Sox stuff out there like Bogarts or Betts for Harvey...sorry, hope. An Ace is worth more than that.
Depends. 3 years of Harvey (2 being arb years I think) or 5 years of Betts is an interesting discussion, IMO. I think Betts is on his way to being a star and is a legit .300/20/20 threat (he was near that last year at 23 years old in his first full season at the MLB level). He isn't arb eligible for a few more years. I would at least give it heavy consideration if I were the Mets. I understand the other side and wouldn't blame them if they don't want to pull the trigger on it, but I would sure think about it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Simmons to Angels for Aybar and prospects. Weird that they seemed so intent on moving him.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Rasmus became the first player ever to accept the qualifying offer...15.2 a year is more than I think he would get per year in a multi-year deal.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Might end up being a pretty smart move by Rasmus. That is surely more per year than he would have received per year in a multi-year deal. If he has a typical Colby Rasmus year next year it is doubtful the deal he'll get next offseason will be much different than what he'd have gotten this year. If he exceeds that though he stands to gain money.

There is risk though. If he gets a bad injury or totally shits the bed next year he is going to regret taking the qualifying. A classic 'betting on yourself' move and he also gets to stay in Houstin for another season. He really seemed to like being there as a part of that team this past season.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Rangers trade Leonys Martin to Seattle for Tom Wilhelmsen. 5 player deal total. I like it.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Carlos Correa AL ROY. :towel

Just edged out Joey Gallo by a hair, I guess.

dallen

Senior Tech
Rangers trade Leonys Martin to Seattle for Tom Wilhelmsen. 5 player deal total. I like it.
Trading young players intra-divison makes me nervous, but it seems like a decent deal. DeShields pretty much bought Martin a ticket out of town

Cotton

Staff member
Trading young players intra-divison makes me nervous, but it seems like a decent deal. DeShields pretty much bought Martin a ticket out of town
We desperately need right-hand pitching in our pen. I thought it was an excellent move.

dallen

Senior Tech

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

Even better. Him, Holland and Beltre should have a lot of fun together.

Cotton

Staff member
Banister won AL manager of the year award. :towel

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Kris Bryant NL Rookie of the Year
Joe Maddon NL Manager of the Year
Jake Arrieta NL Cy Young

It was a hell of a year for the Cubs outside of that NLCS.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Houston Astros ✔ @astros
The Astros have acquired RHP Cy Sneed from the Brewers in exchange for IF Jonathan Villar.

Top Bottom