User Tag List

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers Stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    This is what it boils down to isn't it?

My concern isn't the pressure so much but their collective ability to dial up the intensity.

When Clay Matthews crashes into the OL at full speed, do we block him on his ass or do we hold in surprise?
    Too much is being made of the Cowboys youth and inexperience, IMO. Aside from Dak and Zeke, most of our core players have already tasted the playoffs.

So I don't think we're going to see the Cowboys make a ton of nervous mistakes on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    Too much is being made of the Cowboys youth and inexperience, IMO. Aside from Dak and Zeke, most of our core players have already tasted the playoffs.

So I don't think we're going to see the Cowboys make a ton of nervous mistakes on Sunday.
    I think also the packers may be younger than people realize.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

The entire OL, WR group, TE group, LB's and DB's sans Brown and Jones were on the team in 2014.

The only guys that are brand new are Dak, Elliott and a handful of DL, so yea, the inexperience thing is fairly overblown aside from Dak just because of the critical nature of his position.

I'm not worried about Elliott at all, he's a big game player who is used to elevating his game when the competition is highest.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    I like that a lot of people are doubting us and playing up Rodgers. We should come into the game focused and hungry.
    I'm perfectly fine with the mass media pitting the Cowboys as the underdogs. Last week most of the media were lining up to crown the winner of the Giants-Packers game as the eventual NFC champ.

That should serve as a little extra motivation for the Cowboys.

As an aside, I am looking forward to Sean Lee playing in this game. He missed 2014.

7. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    The entire OL, WR group, TE group, LB's and DB's sans Brown and Jones were on the team in 2014.

The only guys that are brand new are Dak, Elliott and a handful of DL, so yea, the inexperience thing is fairly overblown aside from Dak just because of the critical nature of his position.

I'm not worried about Elliott at all, he's a big game player who is used to elevating his game when the competition is highest.
    Yep. I think all this "experience" talk is just people looking at the QB positions and ignoring the fact that the Cowboys have a lot of players who already have a few playoff games under their belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggyfly View Post
    Really?

So now Clay Mathews is a heart test for this o-line?

This just might be some of your finest work yet.
    Well he certainly is one of them. There are several concerns but Matthews can cause havoc in some circumstances such as blitzing the QB and inflicting body damage.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    Yep. I think all this "experience" talk is just people looking at the QB positions and ignoring the fact that the Cowboys have a lot of players who already have a few playoff games under their belt.
    But that's where the entire offense eminates from. Even a simple hand off is critical all though an unlikely happening but poise and pocket prensence goes way up in the playoffs. It's a road that Dak hasn't traveled before so until I see how he handles the schemes thrown at him, I will be apprehensive.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    This is what it boils down to isn't it?

My concern isn't the pressure so much but their collective ability to dial up the intensity.

When Clay Matthews crashes into the OL at full speed, do we block him on his ass or do we hold in surprise?
    Both could be a factor. Definitely have to raise the intensity. The pressure could come into play if we fall behind. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Some players/teams thrive in this atmosphere and others fold. The Packers definitely have more playoff experience especially with Rodgers, but we have quite a few players that experienced it two years ago. This is the time we need to elevate our play and eliminate the mistakes. It'll be interesting to see how we respond, especially Dak.