User Tag List

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers Stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    Rodgers was also very good at times during their losing streak, primarily at Atlanta and at Washington, the problem was their defense couldn't stop anybody. They scored 32, 26, 25, and 24 points during the losing streak, but their defense was giving up 30+ every game.

The difference during their winning streak is that they've ran the table against a bunch of shit offenses; Philly, Houston, Seattle (in Green Bay, Seattle is clearly not the same team on the road), Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, and now the Giants.
    All the talk is about Rodgers but this game should be decided by our offense vs GB's defense and turnovers. If our offense performs like it's capable and can eliminate the drive killing mistakes then we should have a good chance to win as long as we don't let Rodgers have a monster game. On paper I like our chances but my main concern is how our younger players perform in a playoff atmosphere with the increased intensity and pressure of a do-or-die situation. If they play their game I think we'll be fine but if the pressure gets to them then all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by VA Cowboy View Post
    On paper I like our chances but my main concern is how our younger players perform in a playoff atmosphere with the increased intensity and pressure of a do-or-die situation.
    This is what it boils down to isn't it?

My concern isn't the pressure so much but their collective ability to dial up the intensity.

When Clay Matthews crashes into the OL at full speed, do we block him on his ass or do we hold in surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Bad pick to Church, fumble inside his own 10.
    And don't forget some key missed passes to guys who were open. Passes he has been known to make.

Rodgers was also very good at times during their losing streak, primarily at Atlanta and at Washington, the problem was their defense couldn't stop anybody. They scored 32, 26, 25, and 24 points during the losing streak, but their defense was giving up 30+ every game.

The difference during their winning streak is that they've ran the table against a bunch of shit offenses; Philly, Houston, Seattle (in Green Bay, Seattle is clearly not the same team on the road), Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, and now the Giants.
    It's funny how no one addressed their loss of Eddie Lacy as part of the Packers losing streak. They spent weeks trying to cobble together some kind of a rushing game without him.

Tony Corrente, the same asshole referee from the 2014 playoff game has been assigned to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    This is what it boils down to isn't it?

My concern isn't the pressure so much but their collective ability to dial up the intensity.

When Clay Matthews crashes into the OL at full speed, do we block him on his ass or do we hold in surprise?
    Really?

So now Clay Mathews is a heart test for this o-line?

This just might be some of your finest work yet.

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    It's funny how no one addressed their loss of Eddie Lacy as part of the Packers losing streak. They spent weeks trying to cobble together some kind of a rushing game without him.
    That is such a fucking joke.

I was thinking that there was no way the league would do this just to avoid rehashing the 2014 game, and then they do this, basically just in a troll move.

The good thing is that this schlub asshole should do everything he can to not favor Green Bay, assuming the fix isn't in to begin with.

I don't think anyone can just count out Rodgers. But Dallas deserves to be favored in this matchup.

Dallas's home field in 2016 is not like any other home field in the history of this team. Our fans are rowdier than they used to be.

We have a much more dynamic offense. We can hurt a team deep, we can keep the chains moving with passes over the middle, or we can rush for 200 yards.

We should be playing our best corner, for the first time since the last time we whipped GB. They don't have Eddie Lacy, who was probably the hardest thing for the defense to overcome. Also we have a pass rush all of the sudden.

Frankly their team is overall worse than when we faced them in the playoffs last (on their turf), and ours is considerably better.

That is such a fucking joke.

I was thinking that there was no way the league would do this just to avoid rehashing the 2014 game, and then they do this, basically just in a troll move.

The good thing is that this schlub asshole should do everything he can to not favor Green Bay, assuming the fix isn't in to begin with.
    I think you may have quoted the wrong post.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I think you may have quoted the wrong post.
    Indeed I did, I meant to hit booze's post about the ref but was reading town's post instead.

As an aside, Steratore was the ref in 2014, so if it's Corrente then it's obviously not the same guy. Similar names though.