User Tag List

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers Stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    So, it seems Whitehead cut off his dreads. The jinx is on.
    He already caused issues by his misgivings this year when he sat out.

Little selfish bitch.

I'd like to point out that the week after we played the Packers Rodgers went 39/56 for 326 for 3 TD's and no INT's against the Bears, Cobb had 95 yards and a TD, Adams had 132 yards and 2 TD's.

The week before they played us he struggled a bit against the Giants, 23/45 for 259, 2 TD's, 2 INT's, but they won pretty easily, and Cobb had over 100 yards while Adams had 85 yards and a TD.

On top of that, the first game of their four game losing streak was a very tight loss at Atlanta where Rodgers went off for 246 yards and 4 TD's.

My point here is that the people that are acting like that first game was in the middle of their midseason funk are full of shit. Rodgers is certainly playing better but he roasted the Bears the week after they lost to us and they beat the Giants easily the week before, they were 3-1 going into our game, and 4-2 after the Bears game, then they went on a four game losing streak. And on top of that, he roasted the Falcons the game after the Bears despite the loss.

Also, it's not like Cobb and Adams have miraculously woken up and become dominant, they were clearly playing good football before and after the game against us.

Rodgers is a future HOF'er and he's hot, that's obviously a huge concern, but people are really overexaggerating how poorly he and the offense were playing at the time of our first game.

Had a packer fan come into the bar last night (with two sad Giants fan). He basically has chalked up a win over Dallas and was talking about how awesome a Green Bay/Atlanta NFC title game is going to be.

I really want us to win now. He was a douche.

I like that a lot of people are doubting us and playing up Rodgers. We should come into the game focused and hungry.

Rodgers was also very good at times during their losing streak, primarily at Atlanta and at Washington, the problem was their defense couldn't stop anybody. They scored 32, 26, 25, and 24 points during the losing streak, but their defense was giving up 30+ every game.

The difference during their winning streak is that they've ran the table against a bunch of shit offenses; Philly, Houston, Seattle (in Green Bay, Seattle is clearly not the same team on the road), Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, and now the Giants.

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    I like that a lot of people are doubting us and playing up Rodgers. We should come into the game focused and hungry.
    Agreed, the defense already plays with a chip on their shoulder, the incessant Rodgers/Green Bay talk will only add to that.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    I'd like to point out that the week after we played the Packers Rodgers went 39/56 for 326 for 3 TD's and no INT's against the Bears, Cobb had 95 yards and a TD, Adams had 132 yards and 2 TD's.

The week before they played us he struggled a bit against the Giants, 23/45 for 259, 2 TD's, 2 INT's, but they won pretty easily, and Cobb had over 100 yards while Adams had 85 yards and a TD.

On top of that, the first game of their four game losing streak was a very tight loss at Atlanta where Rodgers went off for 246 yards and 4 TD's.

My point here is that the people that are acting like that first game was in the middle of their midseason funk are full of shit. Rodgers is certainly playing better but he roasted the Bears the week after they lost to us and they beat the Giants easily the week before, they were 3-1 going into our game, and 4-2 after the Bears game, then they went on a four game losing streak. And on top of that, he roasted the Falcons the game after the Bears despite the loss.

Also, it's not like Cobb and Adams have miraculously woken up and become dominant, they were clearly playing good football before and after the game against us.

Rodgers is a future HOF'er and he's hot, that's obviously a huge concern, but people are really overexaggerating how poorly he and the offense were playing at the time of our first game.
    He had a 74% completion rate against us. I'm not sure how anyone can argue that he had a poor game.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

He had a 74% completion rate against us. I'm not sure how anyone can argue that he had a poor game.
    His stats look better than he played, but no he wasn't terrible, and he certainly had excellent games immediately before and after our game, so that whole angle is overblown.

But it's fine, let the media talk the Packers up all week as if they can't be stopped, it'll be good for the team.

Bad pick to Church, fumble inside his own 10.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Bad pick to Church, fumble inside his own 10.
    Yes, he had one pick. It's still not like he had a terrible game.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion