PFT: Photos of Greg Hardy domestic assualt victim emerge

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Give me a break. We all know crimes happen all the time that aren't prosecuted because the DA knows it doesn't have enough evidence to win the case.

Besides, you admit he may have paid her not to pursue a civil case against him. Why wouldn't that be hush money? It's a distinction without a difference.

Do I know for a fact he didn't pay her off? No, I don't. But neither do you guys know for a fact he didn't.
It is pretty damn clear he paid her off.

And you know what? I don't give a shit anymore.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

"Paid off" is such a dirty word. I prefer to call it an out of court settlement.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
There's a HUGE difference between a civil settlement and paying a witness not to testify. You guys realize that, right?

Whatever civil settlement they reached had nothing to do with whether she testified.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Give me a break. We all know crimes happen all the time that aren't prosecuted because the DA knows it doesn't have enough evidence to win the case.

Besides, you admit he may have paid her not to pursue a civil case against him. Why wouldn't that be hush money? It's a distinction without a difference.

Do I know for a fact he didn't pay her off? No, I don't. But neither do you guys know for a fact he didn't.
Because paying someone off implies an enforceable agreement. A contract if you will. Giving someone money with absolutely no way to control weather they testify or not isn't paying someone off, it's just plain stupidity. It's like paying for a car with absolutely no idea if the person will give you the car in return or not. I get that people have seen this stuff in a mob movie before but it doesn't happen on lowly misdemeanor cases like this.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Because paying someone off implies an enforceable agreement. A contract if you will. Giving someone money with absolutely no way to control weather they testify or not isn't paying someone off, it's just plain stupidity. It's like paying for a car with absolutely no idea if the person will give you the car in return or not. I get that people have seen this stuff in a mob movie before but it doesn't happen on lowly misdemeanor cases like this.
I agree with what you are saying about the circumstances of a low probability case however there is the variable of a high profile individual involved. I think that is the factor that some are using as the basis for a forced outcome that they think occurred.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I kind of wish we would cut Hardy now so this horseshit can just go away.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I kind of wish we would cut Hardy now so this horseshit can just go away.
I expect Jones is having second thoughts because he has been taking heat this time with a great deal more intensity.

townsend

Banned
Hypothetically the offer could have come from Holder, to leave town once she got paid. That being said, everything that we're talking about is speculation. No one has any god damned idea what was discussed between them, and pretending Hardy did or didn't pay comes down to which situation each person is making up in their imagination.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

I absolutely understand that. And I really don't give a shit either.

Makes much more sense than claiming his buying her off is some legal impossibility.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I absolutely understand that. And I really don't give a shit either.

Makes much more sense than claiming his buying her off is some legal impossibility.
:lol

I'm literally telling you, of all the domestic assault cases that I handle 80 - 90% probably have the victim deciding not to testify. Having absolutely nothing to do with being paid off. This is a retarded theory that people have concocted because they have no real experience in this area.

Carp

DCC 4Life
This shit will go away if Hardy would just shut up. We forget pretty quickly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This shit will go away if Hardy would just shut up. We forget pretty quickly.
Greg Hardy briefly changes Twitter profile to declare his innocence

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy made a statement that he was innocent until proven guilty and is a victim of discrimination by changing his Twitter profile for a brief time Wednesday morning.

"Innocent until proven guilty-lack of knowledge & information is just ignorance-the unjust/prejudicial treatment of diff categories of people is discrimination," he wrote in the account's bio.

While his Twitter handle remained @OverlordKraken, he changed his name to "Perfection."

Hardy later took that profile down, changed the account name to "Machiavelli Kraken" and changed his profile to this: "Come with me Hail Mary Run quick see What do we have here now wana be my ride or die La la la la la la (SuperBlockParty)."

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said the team "addressed" the Twitter change with Hardy on Wednesday morning. Asked directly whether that's why Hardy changed his profile again, Garrett answered with the same response.

"I think the biggest thing we try to do with any player is just address things when they come up, and we address them in-house and we deal with things inside these walls and then we move forward," Garrett said when he was asked whether Hardy was tuning out the Cowboys' message or not buying into it.

The changes came days after Hardy tweeted "regret" on Saturday night, after photos of his bruised former girlfriend from his domestic violence case were released by Deadspin.com.

"I think a big part of coaching is shaping a mentality and mindset and shaping behavior. We do that every day with 53 guys on our roster, 10 guys on our practice staff and all of our coaches and staff," Garrett said when asked about having to deal with multiple issues related to Hardy this season.

The release of the pictures opened up a new debate on whether Hardy should be allowed to play in the NFL. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones defended his decision to sign Hardy, calling him a "leader" on the team.

Former Cowboys great Roger Staubach, on the other hand, has said he's cheering for the team but not for Hardy and that he has mixed emotions about Hardy's presence on the team.

The photographs were revealed a year and half after Hardy was arrested and charged with attacking and threatening Nicole Holder. Hardy, then with the Carolina Panthers, was accused of throwing Holder against a bathroom wall, throwing her on a futon covered with assault rifles, choking her and threatening her life during an altercation at his apartment.

Hardy was convicted on charges of domestic violence against Holder in 2014 in a bench trial. Under North Carolina law, a person convicted of a crime can appeal and ask for a jury trial. Hardy appealed, seeking that jury trial, but the case was thrown out in February 2015, when Holder, the accuser, stopped cooperating with authorities.

In February, Hardy asked that the charges be expunged from his record, when the case was thrown out. In April he filed paperwork with the same request, and a judge in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, signed the order in early November. That means there is no record of the incident on Hardy's record.

Hardy was placed on the NFL commissioner's exempt list on Sept. 17, 2014.

He signed a one-year, $11.3 million deal with the Cowboys on March 18. Hardy was suspended by the NFL on April 22 for the first 10 games of this season, but that suspension was reduced to four games by arbitrator Harold Henderson on July 10.

Hardy returned to action on Oct. 11.

ESPN's Todd Archer contributed to this report.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm literally telling you, of all the domestic assault cases that I handle 80 - 90% probably have the victim deciding not to testify. Having absolutely nothing to do with being paid off. This is a retarded theory that people have concocted because they have no real experience in this area.
You gonna sit there and take that, Booze?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You gonna sit there and take that, Booze?
Eh. Then she is in the minority. Bitch was globetrotting when she was supposedly unavailable. High dollar skiing and shopping trips. She is a damn cocktail waitress.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eh. Then she is in the minority. Bitch was globetrotting when she was supposedly unavailable. High dollar skiing and shopping trips. She is a damn cocktail waitress.
The same girl who was hanging out with Nelly? You don't think there were other high paying men in her life? Besides, she probably did get some money as part of the civil suit settlement. It has nothing to do with the criminal trial though. The prosecutor was well aware of the civil suit settlement.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The same girl who was hanging out with Nelly? You don't think there were other high paying men in her life? Besides, she probably did get some money as part of the civil suit settlement. It has nothing to do with the criminal trial though. The prosecutor was well aware of the civil suit settlement.
do you believe that there was any connection between the settlement and her not showing up for the criminal trial?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
do you believe that there was any connection between the settlement and her not showing up for the criminal trial?
No, because legally it can't be part of that settlement. Which means it would be completely unenforceable. No attorney would write up that in the settlement. Meaning no matter how much money she received it had no bearing on her ability to testify or not testify in the criminal trial. Thus it was her choice not to testify.

Top Bottom