Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
it's Thursday and still no "Bucs stuff" thread. the hangover from Philly is worse than I thought.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
it's Thursday and still no "Bucs stuff" thread. the hangover from Philly is worse than I thought.
Season is over.

I doubt anyone has much enthusiasm or interest for the 2015 season anymore.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1

Bullshit. That guy was looking right at Heath when he hit him.
Fuck this league.

I don't think that Blandino even believes that. He's just saying it because it resulted in injury and is cya the leagues ass.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I've been slow coming around, but fuck Goodell. Roger must go. The league has gotten to be so full of Shit it's ridiculous.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
About time.

dallen

Senior Tech
That'll motivate the rest of the team

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
http://nflbreakdowns.com/dallas-cowboys-rushing-attack/?singlepage=1

Here's an interesting breakdown of the Cowboys run game against TB. I'm on my phone so I'll just post the summary (below) but the breakdown of each run play is worth a read.

Overall Impressions

The Dallas Cowboys struggled to get anything going on the ground against the Buccaneers and the first thing I noticed is the guards and tight ends struggled the most. *La’el Collins struggled in the early part of the game with his assignments and responsibilities but to give him credit he did grow into the game. *Zach Martin, on the other hand, regressed throughout the game. *He was physically dominated by the Buccaneers*DTs and struggled to get blocks at the second level. *By the end of the game, even the safeties were able to get off Martin’s block as he had lost all confidence. *Both Jason Witten and Hanna struggled with the bigger Buccaneer DEs and they could not match their physicality. *The struggles of Martin and the TEs affected Doug Free the most as he started to try to do too much to make up for them. *This prevented him from doing his assignment correctly and allowed free defenders to make the play. *In general, the Cowboys combo blocks were mediocre to poor throughout the game (especially at the point of transitioning from the double team) and they need to work on it at practice. *The Buccaneers didn’t make it easy with a lot of extra man in the box looks and having*their LBs be very aggressive against the run, but the blocking was still poor. *Saying all this, I don’t think it’s time*for the Cowboys to hit the panic button. *The Buccaneers front seven is one of the best that the Cowboys are going to see all year. *Gerald McCoy is a top five DT, Lavonte David may be the best 4-3 OLB in the game, Kwon Alexander is maybe the best rookie LB in the NFL with Hicks being out for the rest of the season, and the rest of the Buccaneers front seven*is big and deep. *The Buccaneers kept throwing bodies at the*Cowboys all game and with all their depth, they wore down the Cowboy’s offensive line. *Not many teams are going to have the size and depth the Buccaneers have so I don’t expect the Cowboys offensive line to wear down again. *Tony Romo is coming back as well so this should get defenses to put an extra man in the box less frequently. *The Cowboys need to improve their combo blocks and need to find a complement for Darren McFadden out of Rod Smith, Robert Turbin, and Trey Williams if the rushing attack is going to be nearly as good as it was*last year down the home stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom