MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The 2 trades Mets should explore — if they have SS need

Going into the 2013 campaign, Profar was ranked as the majors’ No. 1 prospect by Baseball America, Baseball Prospectus and MLB.com, and played 85 games at age 20 for Texas. Since then he has endured multiple shoulder surgeries and not played a game in the majors the past two years. He exclusively has been a designated hitter in the Arizona Fall League and, according to the scouts, looked fine.

The Rangers have the rising Rougned Odor at second and Elvis Andrus at short, and though they would love to trade the seven years at $103 million left on Andrus’ deal, there is no likely match (the Mets included). So there is no obvious spot for Profar — if healthy — to play. But how do you put a proper value on a guy who might be great or might be damaged goods with a chronic shoulder problem? The Rangers say he will be a full go in spring, so teams probably have to wait to see him in Arizona.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/07/the-2-t...-have-ss-need/

Ok... Profar for deGromm and Syndergaard should do it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
MINNEAPOLIS -- In a surprise move given their depth at first base, the Twins placed the winning bid to negotiate a contract with Korean slugger Byung Ho Park, it was announced by the Twins and Major League Baseball on Monday. Minnesota has 30 days to come to terms with the first baseman.

Park hit .343/.436/.714 with 53 home runs and 146 RBIs in 140 games for the Korea Baseball Organization's Nexen Heroes this year. The winning bid for the 29-year-old reportedly came in at $12.85 million.
----------------
While I like the fact they are trying to improve their power, I'm not sure where he'd play right now. Joe Mauer is anchored at first and untradeable. Miguel Sano has the DH locked down. I guess they could trade Trevor Plouffe, and move Sano to 3rd. That would be ideal, in fact. Also, I guess it would make Kennys Vargas expendable. He's another first baseman that was destined to be a DH because of that albatross Mauer contract.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The 2 trades Mets should explore — if they have SS need

Going into the 2013 campaign, Profar was ranked as the majors’ No. 1 prospect by Baseball America, Baseball Prospectus and MLB.com, and played 85 games at age 20 for Texas. Since then he has endured multiple shoulder surgeries and not played a game in the majors the past two years. He exclusively has been a designated hitter in the Arizona Fall League and, according to the scouts, looked fine.

The Rangers have the rising Rougned Odor at second and Elvis Andrus at short, and though they would love to trade the seven years at $103 million left on Andrus’ deal, there is no likely match (the Mets included). So there is no obvious spot for Profar — if healthy — to play. But how do you put a proper value on a guy who might be great or might be damaged goods with a chronic shoulder problem? The Rangers say he will be a full go in spring, so teams probably have to wait to see him in Arizona.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/07/the-2-t...-have-ss-need/

Ok... Profar for deGromm and Syndergaard should do it.
We'll give you Niese and you will like it.

Rev

Staff member
We'll give you Niese and you will like it.
I saw somebody said Profar for Wheeler but think he was just guessing (wishing). I'm sure that would have to be a spring training deal, though. Right now Profar was batting only in the Fall League. Not sure if he has been cleared to throw yet.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I saw somebody said Profar for Wheeler but think he was just guessing (wishing). I'm sure that would have to be a spring training deal, though. Right now Profar was batting only in the Fall League. Not sure if he has been cleared to throw yet.
I'm not convinced that an Andrus deal could not be worked out. Rangers would have to eat some money, but something could be worked.

SS used to be a high priority to me...and I would take a good one if we got it, but Flores is really coming on defensively. We need RH OF power. Some kind of utility guy who could play OF and spell Wright at 3B would be great.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Former Braves pitcher Tommy Hanson died at the age of 29. They're saying he died of organ failure.

I remember when he was supposed to be our next great pitcher. His career got off to a good start but he was never able to sustain that success.

RIP

Rev

Staff member
I'm not convinced that an Andrus deal could not be worked out. Rangers would have to eat some money, but something could be worked.

SS used to be a high priority to me...and I would take a good one if we got it, but Flores is really coming on defensively. We need RH OF power. Some kind of utility guy who could play OF and spell Wright at 3B would be great.
Then I have a person for you......

Ryan Rua

What? I'm not giving up on Gallo....

Rev

Staff member
Rua is someone I looked at actually.
He was injured a lot this year and couldn't get into a rythym. Every time he would get back He would hurt something but he wasn't injury prone in the minors. He hit in the minors and was pretty good the first time he was up.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Former Braves pitcher Tommy Hanson died at the age of 29. They're saying he died of organ failure.

I remember when he was supposed to be our next great pitcher. His career got off to a good start but he was never able to sustain that success.

RIP
Jesus. RIP.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Yankees Acquire Aaron Hicks From Twins For John Ryan Murphy

By Jeff Todd | November 11, 2015 at 1:03pm CST

The Yankees and Twins have announced a two-player deal involving important young players. New York will add center fielder Aaron Hicks in the swap, while Minnesota receives catcher John Ryan Murphy.

It’s surprising to hear that Minnesota has parted with Hicks, who finally seemed to turn the corner last year after previously having failed to gain traction in the majors. But the club obviously has plenty of outfield talent coming, including top prospect Byron Buxton and the well-regarded Max Kepler.

And the Twins were reportedly keen to upgrade behind the plate, where Kurt Suzuki had struggled. Murphy will obviously represent a long-term piece in that area, though whether or not he’ll rate as a solid, full-time regular remains to be seen.

From the Yankees’ perspective, Murphy was obviously blocked by Brian McCann. The same fate befell Francisco Cervelli last year. GM Brian Cashman and co. obviously felt that Murphy had more value as a trade piece than with the club.

The addition of Hicks is rather interesting for an organization that had been rumored to be weighing a swap of left fielder Brett Gardner. Hicks is a switch-hitter who is better from the right side and is capable of playing center, making him a useful piece even if Gardner is retained. (He could spell Gardner in left, Jacoby Ellsbury in center, and the aging Carlos Beltran in right.) But with the left-handed-hitting Dustin Ackley also a corner outfield possibility, Gardner certainly is much more expendable.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Initial reaction...? Meh.

I don't know anything about John Ryan Murphy, so I won't complain too much. But I was hoping if we were going to trade our surplus in the outfield, it would have been for pitching help. Josmil Pinto's defense must not be coming along. He already has a major league ready bat, but below avg. defense. Too bad. I had hopes for him. But we do need help at catcher, I guess. Suzuki took a big step back this past year.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Mets checked in on Andrelton Simmons and the Braves asked for Harvey or deGrom. Lawl

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Mets checked in on Andrelton Simmons and the Braves asked for Harvey or deGrom. Lawl
Yeesh. Yeah, that is too much. Simmons is ridiculous with the glove though. Would be a great addition to any middle infield.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Cubs and Royals have inquired about Jackie Bradley, Jr. Would be a great move for the Cubs. A young, cheap guy who plays a really excellent defensive CF would be a nice addition. No idea what they would have to move to get him but I would give up some decent prospects to get him and just hope his bat plays long-term at the big league level.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeesh. Yeah, that is too much. Simmons is ridiculous with the glove though. Would be a great addition to any middle infield.
Red Sox stuff out there like Bogarts or Betts for Harvey...sorry, hope. An Ace is worth more than that.

Top Bottom