2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yep, but sadly that ruins the "There's a reason why nearly all the presidents are blood relatives." conspiratard narrative.
Yep. I figured he had to be trolling with that one. When he posted the link as 'proof'... Allllrightythen.

As an aside, Conspiritard. :lol I like it.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Dr. Ben Carson @RealBenCarson
It is important to remember that amateurs built the Ark and it was the professionals that built the Titanic. @my_ccu
1,044 retweets 1,434 favorites
Reply Retweet 1K Favorite 1.4K

Catherine Rampell ‏@crampell Oct 29
Catherine Rampell Retweeted Dr. Ben Carson
I'm ready to operate on your brain then.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ben Carson: Egyptian pyramids were grain stores, not pharaohs' tombs
Republican presidential hopeful stands by remarks made in 1998, but criticised ‘scientists’ who he said claimed pyramids were built by ‘alien beings’
Thursday 5 November 2015 06.58 EST Last modified on Thursday 5 November 2015 11.55 EST

Egypt’s pyramids were built by the biblical Joseph to store grain and were not, as archaeologists believe, tombs for pharaohs, Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson has said.

The retired neurosurgeon, who is seeking his party’s nomination for the White House, made these remarks in a 1998 address at Andrews University, a Michigan school associated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church, to which he belongs, in a video posted on Buzzfeed on Wednesday.

The church is a conservative evangelical Christian one.

In this 1998 speech, Ben Carson says the pyramids in Egypt were built to store grain
“My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain,” Carson – who last week overtook Republican rival Donald Trump for the first time in a national poll – told graduates in his address.

“Now all the archeologists think that they were made for the pharaohs’ graves. But, you know, it would have to be something awfully big if you stop and think about it.

“And I don’t think it’d just disappear over the course of time to store that much grain.”

Asked on Wednesday if he still held these views, Carson told CBS News: “It’s still my belief, yes.”

Speaking to MSNBC’s Morning Joe on Thursday, rival Republican Trump said: “He’s informed me about the pyramids. I think I’ll have to put that in my repertoire about Ben. That was a strange deal.”

In his 1998 address, Carson said: “And when you look at the way that the pyramids are made, with many chambers that are hermetically sealed, they’d have to be that way for various reasons.

“And various of scientists have said, ‘Well, you know there were alien beings that came down and they have special knowledge and that’s how, you know, it doesn’t require an alien being when God is with you’.”

In the old testament book of Genesis, Joseph, one of the 12 sons of Jacob, was said to have “stored up grain in great abundance like the sand of the sea, until he stopped measuring it, for it was beyond measure”.

After seven years of plenty, the story in Genesis says, Egypt suffered seven years of famine, during which Joseph was able to feed the people with the grain he had stored.

Carson has spoken often about his faith, saying recently of his critics: “They say, ‘Carson, you know, how can you be a surgeon, a neurosurgeon, and believe that God created the Earth, and not believe in evolution, which is the basis of all knowledge and all science?’ …

“But I do believe God created us, and I did just fine … And in fact, the more you know about God, and the deeper your relationship with God, I think the more intricate becomes your knowledge of the way things work, including the human body.”

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
One would think there would be some residual evidence of grain in the structure if that was the case. Also it took many years to build the structures and there was a very limited and distinct window of time regarding Joseph's move to guard against the famine. This would tend to indicate that someone else would have had to start the process of building Long before Joseph's tenure in Egypt.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I just can't believe that Ben Carson is the best the Republicans can do right now.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How about neither. Why should I pay for someone else's college.

Carl

RIP Brother
Dr. Ben Carson @RealBenCarson
It is important to remember that amateurs built the Ark and it was the professionals that built the Titanic. @my_ccu
1,044 retweets 1,434 favorites
Reply Retweet 1K Favorite 1.4K

Catherine Rampell ‏@crampell Oct 29
Catherine Rampell Retweeted Dr. Ben Carson
I'm ready to operate on your brain then.
As everyone from Belfast knows, the Titanic never actually set sail.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, but FDR was an idiot.

There should be entry level jobs that don't pay a living wage because they neither bring the employer a value equivalent to the cost of a living wage nor should any full time worker not have the aptitude to surpass that work.

Of course go down to your local fast food store and watch the idiots stand around and mess up every fifth order and tell me how valuable those people are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom