Week 9 Gameday Chatter Thread | Eagles vs Cowboys| 11/8/2015

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I agree 100% with everything in this post.

But the sad truth is, none of this is ever going to improve under Garrett. The guy has zero feel for the ebb and flow of a football game or how to handle momentum whether it's on our side or against us.
I honestly think the only reason he went for it on 4th and 1 in the first quarter was because he got so much crap last week for being a wuss. We've seen that since he took over, even at OC -- when the media criticizes him too much for something one week, he overreacts the opposite way the next.

He didn't even clap much last night. As dumb as it may sound, I seriously think he must have gotten wind of all the clapping jokes going around about him. :lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We allowed two 4th and 1 conversions straight up the gut yesterday, both of which directly led to TD's. Our run defense has been fine for the most part, and if we had a healthy Romo and presumably leads I'm sure it would be even less of an issue, but the fact remains that we need more stoutness in the middle of the DL.

Assuming we finish like 7-9 and pick around 15 or so, A'Shawn Robinson, come on down.

Too bad we will never spend a 1st on a run-first player but it's fun to talk about.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just read this is the worst losing streak of the Jerry era since 1989. Let that sink in for a moment.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
With that being said, I am done with Garrett. 0-6 with only your QB out is unacceptable. That lays right at the coaches feet, and the head coach gets the ax first. But, if it were up to me I would hire another head coach and let him clean house how he feels he should. Do not micro-manage that process. Just hire the head coach and let him do what he deems fit.
Under Jerry Jones?

Never gonna happen.

Cotton

Staff member

Just fucking kill me now.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

dallen

Senior Tech
So if Romo comes back and actually does somehow manage to win out he has to win the MVP right? Just the fact that we'll be 0-7 without him should get him a ton of votes

dallen

Senior Tech
I happened to be listening to the national radio call for a couple minutes right then and they clearly said tails both times.
It sounded like somebody said heads, then someone else said tails and then Hoculi said "The call is tails". Then someone else repeated tails, and Hoculi confirmed tails and then did the flip.

Cotton

Staff member
It sounded like somebody said heads, then someone else said tails and then Hoculi said "The call is tails". Then someone else repeated tails, and Hoculi confirmed tails and then did the flip.
That's what I heard as well.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
With that being said, I am done with Garrett. 0-6 with only your QB out is unacceptable. That lays right at the coaches feet, and the head coach gets the ax first. But, if it were up to me I would hire another head coach and let him clean house how he feels he should. Do not micro-manage that process. Just hire the head coach and let him do what he deems fit.
We should fire Marinelli and hire Jerry's next HC to be the DC.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Just read this is the worst losing streak of the Jerry era since 1989. Let that sink in for a moment.
1960. 1988. 1989.

The three worst teams in Cowboys history.

And the only other teams besides this one that have a 6 game losing streak.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
1960. 1988. 1989.

The three worst teams in Cowboys history.

And the only other teams besides this one that have a 6 game losing streak.
This is a process that you go through with the right kind of guys.

Seems like you guys still don't get it.

dallen

Senior Tech
Bill Belichek went 11-5 with Matt Cassel as his QB

Top Bottom